O
Oblio
Guest
The ministry gave me scriptures. I applied them. I've stated what happened. Make of it what you will.
Generational, mental illness, undiagnosed sickness, feminine problems related not being able to get pregnant or menstrual issues, rampant divorce, etc. (This list was given by a church we visited)
Are curses still relevant to the Christians? We sometimes hear we can be battling curses that keep us from blessings.
Blessings are Biblical
Curses are Biblical
But in what context do they apply to the Christian today?
I personally do not see much info pertaining to a Christian in the New Testament related to how to defeat curses.
How does Paul say we curse ourselves?What most people don't understand is that we curse ourselves...
You can accept a curse from your parents...but you don't have to. You can actually change your mind (repent from sinful attitudes) and accept the truth.
However,.
People today are so unwilling to admit they are wrong they induce more curses upon themselves. Or they do the classic "I was wrong once but not now" This classic causes most curses inside the church today.
In the first two chapters of Romans Paul outlines how we curse ourselves.
How good are you really about accepting the good things and rejecting the bad attitudes of your parents and friends? Are you sure?
In what ways have they influenced you? WHY?
So what curses are you running towards?
As someone who once had a ministry in a retirement center...
Your sins that you play at getting rid of...they do a number on you when you get old. Those sins are rooted in fears and wants. And those desires and fears will control you one day. And it won't be pretty.
Just saying...this isn't exactly easy stuff to "fix".
I do not doubt you was given scripture, I'm simply questioning are curses still a problem for the modern Christian? Do we have guidance in the new testament. Not everything in the Old applies to the New in the same way.The ministry gave me scriptures. I applied them. I've stated what happened. Make of it what you will.
Curses are related to demons, and we need to know how our enemy demons work to protect ourselves from them. I made a study of them. One source was by reading the reports of exorcist.
According to many conversations with them reported, I found that as it says in Deuteronomy, demons look to our acceptance of a sin as OK, not at whether we accept Christ as our savior.
Romans chapter 1 and 2.How does Paul say we curse ourselves?
I have read it many times as to why I'm asking for you to explain how we curse ourselves.Romans chapter 1 and 2.
It's available in every city on the planet. I'll let him explain it to you.
Romans chapter 1 and 2.
It's available in every city on the planet. I'll let him explain it to you.
How does Paul say we curse ourselves?
the same way adam did by hearing Gods word and following another contrary idea that’s always going to curse a man , just as hearing Gods word and sticking with what he said will always bless a man
we were made free and given Gods word and then there came another idea one is a blessing the other a curse and the choice is ours it always has been
We curse ourselves when we refuse to believe what God has said all that’s left of we reject what God said is a curse the blessing is on his word
Sure we reap what we sow and sure as a unbeliever who has no mediator to be seen as righteous then they will reap judgements. But as a Christian in the context of the OP are curses things that can be attacking Christians and Christians must locate them and break them?
Through the lens of Jesus we are seen as righteous, sinless, justified, a Saint, we are God's children born again, now in the new and no longer the old. God's patience is within this age of grace. The dispensation of the church.
Just because Paul didn't use the word "curse" doesn't mean that what he describes as results are not a curse.I don't see any translation mentioning the word curse in Romans 1 & 2
The bible does not go into demon possession, although it refers to is. We are told that it is demons we fight against.blick where in the Bible does it say curses are because of or related to demons ? I’m open to thkngs from the Bible but that’s not in there that I have ever noticed is this a Bible discussion forum or conspiracy theory forum ?
“The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.”
Isaiah 24:5-6 KJV
all curses in earth are because of mankind’s transgression against the law beginning with adams transgression and culminating because of Moses law
“Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.”
Deuteronomy 11:26-28 KJV
they broke it continually and we’re scattered into the earth the curse going with them
studying the occult is going to corrupt what’s in scriptire and lean oir ideas to obscure the reality
Gods word breaking his warnings are the source of any curse that exists
What is of God blesses us, what is of demons curses us. Sin is of demons.Just because Paul didn't use the word "curse" doesn't mean that what he describes as results are not a curse.
There's reasons for this...and if you know the letter then you understand why.
Just because Paul didn't use the word "curse" doesn't mean that what he describes as results are not a curse.
There's reasons for this...and if you know the letter then you understand why.
Sin is of human condition. The forces of evil only tempt and if allowed in can possess someone to commit great evil.What is of God blesses us, what is of demons curses us. Sin is of demons.
The bible does not go into demon possession, although it refers to is. We are told that it is demons we fight against.
Ephesians 6:12: 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Principalities and powers are high demonic chains of command that control the affairs of the dark world. This forces operate both in the spirit world and in the physical.
Especially in the gospels, we learn that there is such a thing as demon possession, and we are told that as the world ages they become more common.
I read the book "People of the Lie" that told of a psychiatrist who worked with people with demons, and felt led to explore this subject. I explored in the current world, because God is truth and His truth does not stop in our world today. If you believe you must not know about how God works in our world today, then you must ignore what I found.
There is much propaganda that is demon inspired on this subject in current literature. In order to find what is truth from the Lord in our world today, it takes a lot of searching and tossing out most of what is written. Each must be checked out as agreeing with scripture or not.
I would sort of say the same thing brother it’s about the gospel now if we hear and reject the gospel none of the promises he makes apply to us it’s all based on believing the word of Jesus Christ that removes all curses
but if we live on opposed to his word we’re only embracing the curse and I think we’re seen as we are in Christ of we’re living sinful lives when we know better we’re not seen as sinless we have to come to repentance and be seen as disciples of Christ not sinners willfully continuing in the old ways of sin
And death but imperfect believers walking after and following the blessings of the lords living word freely given to us
we’re seen as new people but if we go back to Our old ways well it’s not as of God doesn’t see what we’re doing. We can still put ourself in the curse of we reject Jesus and the gospel.
we do not have to be perfect but we do have to hear and believe his doctrine and that will teach us repentance and righteousness blessi nt is all that exists in Christ but we’re still free to choose every day we make choices that either bless or curse
believing the word of Jesus Christ that removes all curses