Are Many Spirit Filled, ie Spreak in Tongues on this site ??

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Do you find that 'amusing'?

Please wake up, because according to the Holy Scripture in the HOLY BIBLE, Christian are to be joyful when they are being 'persecuted', being insulted, mistreated and evil lie spoken of them. Your spoken 'joyfulness' comes from this worldly christianity by the traditions and doctrine of men.

Thank you and may the Good GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST bless you.

I find it amusing that here is absolutely NO joyfulness at all in 'any' of 'your' posts. Please wake up and 'suffer' the little 'children' as Christ commands you.
 
Not at all!

What I am saying is that as Jesus said, we must be born again. Being born again we are entitled to receive all that God has for us, and there is much more besides tongues!

I know that I was born again as soon as I believed on and received the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour, and trusted Him to have paid the price for all my sin. Everything changed from that point. I was washed in the blood of the Lamb, the divine washing that washes us for eternity and makes us a new creation.

As with most people I knew relatively nothing about what Jesus had for me at that point. By and by as I read my Bible I discovered He wanted to be active in my life, and to equip me with His power. The Lord showed me I had already received His Spirit by being born again, and He showed me this miraculously by lighting up the word of God for me in an awesome personal way. This was His tender response towards me to let me know I am HIS, since I had begun to concern myself about certain dangers of my personal circumstances.

The baptism with the Holy Spirit was the next milestone, a couple of years after I had received Jesus. Again, a life-changing experience which catapulted me forward into ministry. Things could never be the same again.

Some people speak with tongues at that point, but I didn't: it came later on when Lord told me I had received it already and needed to gather some boldness and speak it out. This I did privately and a whole different world of spirituality and further ministry began to open up to me.

This relationship we have with the Lord is personal and powerful. We have to exercise faith to believe and faith to receive all He has for us. He cares for us so deeply and does not leave us orphans with no help.

In summing up then, we are saved when we are born again, and subsequently we begin to receive all good gifts as His children. Speaking in tongues cannot save us, but as a gift of God it is evidence of His Holy Spirit Who is the Comforter. So when we have this evidence we know in one important way that we are His. There are many other evidences: our God is GOOD.

Thank you for the clarification.:)
 
I find it amusing that here is absolutely NO joyfulness at all in 'any' of 'your' posts. Please wake up and 'suffer' the little 'children' as Christ commands you.

Then do not even read them at all and rather continue in 'lawlessness' like others and only practicing in the spirit and outwit each other. You only talk for your majority 'self' company.

Therefore we have nothing in common, and please mind you own business in the first place and now and henceforth.

Thank you and GOD bless you in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST.
 
report him...it needs to stop

if enough people voice their digust with his bigoted and nasty comments to women something might get done about it

one thing though, I would not respond to him because it appears he gets a visceral kick out of it

why feed the people who believe hurting others is a reward?

put him on ignore and report him

In the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST enough already shameless women with your 'exposed' lawlessness through my given post, for your repentance and stop at once the distraction and diversion caused by your 'sitcoms' in 'episodes' and in 'vain' continuing, in order to cover the 'exposed' truth.
 
Then do not even read them at all and rather continue in 'lawlessness' like others and only practicing in the spirit and outwit each other. You only talk for your majority 'self' company.

Therefore we have nothing in common, and please mind you own business in the first place and now and henceforth.

Thank you and GOD bless you in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Fair enough. But before leaving, I did report you to the mods with the suggestion that your insolence be banned.
 
Fair enough. But before leaving, I did report you to the mods with the suggestion that your insolence be banned.


you were not alone

sadly, it is for the better

hatred of women should not be tolerated especially when it is diguised and hiding behind God
 
Jesus says it the way it is in Mark 16:15-18
And right after our Lord spoke these words He went and sat down at the right hand of God.

I love Jesus..All the time...ever since He saved me...I didnt speak in tongues right away - but I do now....Once I got it, it made 'praying in the Spirit' make sense. I cant interpret though, and no one in our church here can either, so we tend to keep it restricted to prayer and worship, or sudden outbursts amongst friends.

The speaking in tongues should not be ignored or pushed aside or discarded, because Jesus himself gave the direction on this.

When you cant find the right words to use in prayer and worship...and you have so much to say to God that you cant get it all out fast enough...this is when it seems to happen for me :)

it is good to speak in this new tongue as described by Jesus - to be encouraged rather than discouraged...just like the casting out of demons...and being able to drink anything we like - knowing we cant be poisoned.

Some Christians trigger this blessing by humming a tone - their own tone - and then somehow the they start speaking in words they dont understand - like I do, and most of my friends do.....You cant do it at all if you try to think about what youre doing or wanting to say when youre talking to God...it just kind of tumbles out of the heart...through the mouth...up to Jesus...and then Jesus does His bit with it. Tis awesome.
Speaking directly from the heart while bypassing the brain. That certainly is a gift from God - because it doesnt make any sort of earthly rational sense at all.

I recommend anyone who cant speak in this awesome new heavenly language at the moment - to start humming, and smiling at the same time...It will just happen upon your heart :)


God bless everyone with everything God desires for you.
 
Jesus says it the way it is in Mark 16:15-18
And right after our Lord spoke these words He went and sat down at the right hand of God.

I love Jesus..All the time...ever since He saved me...I didnt speak in tongues right away - but I do now....Once I got it, it made 'praying in the Spirit' make sense. I cant interpret though, and no one in our church here can either, so we tend to keep it restricted to prayer and worship, or sudden outbursts amongst friends.

The speaking in tongues should not be ignored or pushed aside or discarded, because Jesus himself gave the direction on this.

When you cant find the right words to use in prayer and worship...and you have so much to say to God that you cant get it all out fast enough...this is when it seems to happen for me :)

it is good to speak in this new tongue as described by Jesus - to be encouraged rather than discouraged...just like the casting out of demons...and being able to drink anything we like - knowing we cant be poisoned.

Some Christians trigger this blessing by humming a tone - their own tone - and then somehow the they start speaking in words they dont understand - like I do, and most of my friends do.....You cant do it at all if you try to think about what youre doing or wanting to say when youre talking to God...it just kind of tumbles out of the heart...through the mouth...up to Jesus...and then Jesus does His bit with it. Tis awesome.
Speaking directly from the heart while bypassing the brain. That certainly is a gift from God - because it doesnt make any sort of earthly rational sense at all.

I recommend anyone who cant speak in this awesome new heavenly language at the moment - to start humming, and smiling at the same time...It will just happen upon your heart :)


God bless everyone with everything God desires for you.

You now know how to worship in Spirit according to truth..how do they that dont..dont sell them short no Holy Ghost (including tongues) non of his..this is eternal life !!!!

ps just accetance that Jesus is christ is not belief...believe = trust in ,rely on ..OBEY..acts 2v38 acts2v4..mark 16v16+ etc
 
Last edited:
Absolutely..!..Jesus said you would..believe him !? Acts declares it as people Received...Corinthians explains the use in THE CHURCH..etc

Not solutely

If you are saying that unless a person speaks in tongues they do not have the Holy Spirit, then you are going beyond what scriptures states

Is that would you believe?
 
You now know how to worship in Spirit according to truth..how do they that dont..dont sell them short no Holy Ghost (including tongues) non of his..this is eternal life !!!!

ps just accetance that Jesus is christ is not belief...believe = trust in ,rely on ..OBEY..acts 2v38 acts2v4..mark 16v16+ etc

Bless you brother :)

I didnt "sold anyone short" as you say above beloved....and not sure why you used my post to add your words to...coz they dont seem to fit.
I just told my good story on the matter...and offered a real suggestion for anyone who wants to give it a go...Its fun..sharing with gentleness :)
maybe you didnt read it right ay...?

Anyway just thought to point that out to you...as I wouldnt use words such as "no Holy Ghost"...actually I dont use the words Holy Ghost...coz I dont see it anywhere in the New Testament.
I think the Holy Ghost (oops I used it doh!) is more Old Testament - The Holy Spirit of God became indwelling, (Acts in the Pentecost scene) turning Him from an external presence (the OT Holy Ghost reference) into the current biblical state of an indwelling presence, comforter, teacher of all things.....

Allgood SJ.

God bless you with all your hearts desires. In Jesus name. Amen :)
 
Not solutely

If you are saying that unless a person speaks in tongues they do not have the Holy Spirit, then you are going beyond what scriptures states

Is that would you believe?

yes , when a person receives the Holy Spirit they receive the signs following as told by Jesus Christ , the first is a praise in tongues, you dont see them jump up and heal someone etc..praise God in the Spirit..!
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

just like all who recieve...even in the book of acts....