Are only those who are born-again saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Are only those who are born-again saved?

• Total voters

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
all men need to be born again because all men still have the life in them before they need to be reborn

All men have a shot at redemption 🙂

Can I have a shot of redemption song

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
I assume children, especially younger ones like babies, are not born again. Instead, I think they are innocent.
Children born to a believing parent are holy.

"For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy."

Tims

Mar 14, 2024
www.biblesearch.es
Why do you assume that?
The GotQuestions article I linked earlier gives some explanation to this. My assumption is based on that.

Where is this stated in scripture?
John 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

While not directly stated, I think there are indirect references in the Bible to support this. Like those above two verses.

To me, this doesn't seem to apply to children. To be born again, one ought to be old enought to be able to know the right and wrong.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
^
The claim, they are retroactive "Born Again" can be made, but it's not like the process Jesus explained to Nicodemus concerning "future believers."
it is to me simply, believe God in risen Son, receive truth from God and learn new over time of not quitting belief to see. Me my life has been like an, onion. Being peeled off one layer at a time and oh boy have I cried, yet I see the center and it is a sweet smelling savor
Thanks to Son, Jesus it is done for me to come on in and start new with Father and Son to be taught. new daily in any and every mistake ever made again, not wanting make any, yet have, I admit my need. Seeing sin, it is in the first man of earthly flesh and blood, that causes sin in me and as I see everyone else too are caught in that too, from my view in learning new, thank you

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Children born to a believing parent are holy.

"For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy."
Wondering about the children born of the unbelieving parents, yet get raised with a believing parent, that is not the biological parent, yet raised in God's love and mercy?
Thank you for that quote above, got me flowing in trust to hear or not hear truth over this from God himself

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
anyone born with handicaps as cerebral palsy or anything in relation to that or non cognizant issues where the person is not accountable or responsible or themselves, IS DEFINITELY SAVED! all babies who have passed are saved also.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Wondering about the children born of the unbelieving parents, yet get raised with a believing parent, that is not the biological parent, yet raised in God's love and mercy?
Thank you for that quote above, got me flowing in trust to hear or not hear truth over this from God himself
Ideally, all children would have believing parents and they would be raised in a house of God's grace and Truth.
Of course, that is not the case.

"Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.

It might be beneficial to think of the Kingdom of God like plant or animal kingdom taxonomy: it is defined by immutable truths (the Truth is a person) that have their foundation in eternity: they cannot be altered or changed.

Notice that the kingdom is defined by qualities of character...

"..for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy..."

And by God's current authority in the world:

"..in the Holy Spirit."

The last part, "in the Holy Spirit" prevents counterfeit expressions of character from being presented as the true.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
it is to me simply, believe God in risen Son, receive truth from God and learn new over time of not quitting belief to see. Me my life has been like an, onion. Being peeled off one layer at a time and oh boy have I cried, yet I see the center and it is a sweet smelling savor
Thanks to Son, Jesus it is done for me to come on in and start new with Father and Son to be taught. new daily in any and every mistake ever made again, not wanting make any, yet have, I admit my need. Seeing sin, it is in the first man of earthly flesh and blood, that causes sin in me and as I see everyone else too are caught in that too, from my view in learning new, thank you
I like how you wrote that, Brother (y)

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
The GotQuestions article I linked earlier gives some explanation to this. My assumption is based on that.
"Got Questions" isn't scripture. It's not even based on scripture.
To me, this doesn't seem to apply to children. To be born again, one ought to be old enought to be able to know the right and wrong.
Do you deny that Adam's original sin is passed down to every one else?

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
"Got Questions" isn't scripture. It's not even based on scripture.

What is passed to down to everyone else is the life of Jesus that was in Adam, which was to be the life of all mankind, which is under the sentence of the power of death that exists in his life that was in Adam,.which was under the power of his life, before the fall.

Sorry for being blunt 😊

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Ideally, all children would have believing parents and they would be raised in a house of God's grace and Truth.
Of course, that is not the case.

"Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.

It might be beneficial to think of the Kingdom of God like plant or animal kingdom taxonomy: it is defined by immutable truths (the Truth is a person) that have their foundation in eternity: they cannot be altered or changed.

Notice that the kingdom is defined by qualities of character...

"..for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy..."

And by God's current authority in the world:

"..in the Holy Spirit."

The last part, "in the Holy Spirit" prevents counterfeit expressions of character from being presented as the true.
Thank you, as I see this truth from God for us all to stand I, not having to see it or go to get it, to receive it and stand in it as in Col. 1:21-23

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Thank you, as I see this truth from God for us all to stand I, not having to see it or go to get it, to receive it and stand in it as in Col. 1:21-23
have you ever noticed this 😊

Colossians 1:21-23

New International Version

21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[a] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Have you ever noticed the part you where under the power of death in his life before.

Screenshot_20240419-182214.png

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
"Are only those who are born-again saved?

Do we truly understand and believe what was asked? No we do not. We know “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” Yes yes we all can post scriptures to back up our personal belief but are we doing, living what we post to others? Do we really truly believe the people we pass by day in day out will enter heaven do we care? Are we willing to lose everything for Him?

Do I really care about them? pffffffffft :( .. I Know what its like to hold your baby 4y old that goes dead in your arms.. there is nothing on this earth that will stop you from trying to save him getting help... you do anything.

See if I'm going to preach to you about caring for anyone.. I have to say it to myself first. Do we believe are might be the only Jesus they will see? It must be really important to God that He left heaven became His creation man and died for us. I only know one preacher that said the lord told him to witness to this person and he didn't and I think the next day he died. The lord showed that person to him and said "you will answer to me for this".

Was thinking if just believing in Jesus was enough for us to be one. Then this song comes its kinda old "If There Were Only Time For Love "

If all you had to do each day
Is wake up and go out to play
Shake the hand of all the world
Especially every boy and girl
And if the only tears you shed
Were tears of joy upon your bed
That made the sea of your love grow
To flowers for the world to know
And if the world would do the same
Life could have a brand new name
The one we've all been dreaming of
If there were only, only time for love

The problems that you're facing now
Would vanish into air somehow
There'd be no one to bring you harm
You'd walk together arm in arm
And peace would reign across the Earth
And Eve could have her Adams worth
And every man would have a smile
And ladies kisses last a while
We could take each other's hand
Be the others biggest fan
And sing a song about a dove
If there were only, only time for love

I think Jesus lived and died
So we would not be crucified
And all we really have to do
Is you love me and I love you
If he should return someday
Pass your door along his way
Come in and sit down a while
And see the beauty in your smile
Think how very proud you'd be
If love was all there was to see
Just like His Father's house above
Where there is only, only time for love

Tims

Mar 14, 2024
www.biblesearch.es
No. My stance is children will be saved because of what Jesus Christ did on the cross. Children, too, are affected by sin, but they don't need to be born again to be saved (because I think children/babies etc. do not born again, they are innocent).

After a certain point one needs to be born again to be saved. That is when they have the understanding of right and wrong.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
No. My stance is children will be saved because of what Jesus Christ did on the cross. Children, too, are affected by sin, but they don't need to be born again to be saved (because I think children/babies etc. do not born again, they are innocent).
That might be your stance, but it's not stated anywhere in scripture.

Tims

Mar 14, 2024
www.biblesearch.es
@NightTwister
What is your thinking/opinion about children and being born again/being saved?

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness to me;

But Nicodemus believed for he said:“Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that you do, unless God is with him.

3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again] he cannot see the kingdom of God.
The greek word for again is_anathen), can be understood to say born from above. A double meaning.

To enter the Kingdom is to enter his 1000 year reign.

This foolish talk of being born again only came forth 100 years ago. Church never mentioned being born again for 1900 years,

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
have you ever noticed this 😊

Colossians 1:21-23

New International Version

21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[a] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Have you ever noticed the part you where under the power of death in his life before.

View attachment 262927
Until one comes to the end of the energy of themselves, one will not see the new given them by God for them through Son to them.

Galatians 6:7-9

Authorized (King James) Version

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

If under Law, continue to find out the new given you to not be under the Law, then upholding it, once one discovers it is true one cannot do it of themselves even with asking for help. If the first born self is in there, then The "I" is still in the way and is what keeps that person in sin that they hate to do over and over again. As God continues in the forgiveness of Son given them for them in Mercy to them over it, for we each to see the faithfulness of God, not us at all, to see God just loves us all (1 John 2:1-4). That is when one gives up on trying to do what no flesh can do, even though wants to, can't and then the new showers them as one changes from being forgiven and remaining forgiven by God as said in

2 Corinthians 5:17-20

Authorized (King James) Version

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.