Are rewards because of the tribulation.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 21, 2012
and yet, djness, Paul tells us if we deny Him, He will deny us in 2 Timothy 2:12, and Jude tells us to save ourselves... doesn't do much for your OSAS...

i dont disagree with you there... that's when i said I'm open minded when it comes to crowns... but the crown mentioned in James and 2 Timothy refer to salvation
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only but to them also that love my appearing.

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation for when he is tried he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. Or in other words - Blessed is the man that when he is tried he endures temptation - that man shall receive the crown of life.

We can look at these crowns as being given because of salvation - because when one is born again they will endure temptation and also love his appearing - regardless these are crowns that are given on that day when we go before the judgment (bema) seat of Christ!

In Christ. . . .

Jan 14, 2010
yeah... like Jesus Himself said in Matthew 24:13 and Matthew 10:22

he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Feb 21, 2012
yeah... like Jesus Himself said in Matthew 24:13 and Matthew 10:22

he who endures to the end shall be saved.
Not to throw this thread off - but I believe in OSAS. Those that are born again will love the Lord's coming and, to me, enduring temptation is a continuing every day thing! And I won't say anymore regarding this on this thread so as not to derail.

In Christ. . . .

Jan 14, 2010
Not to throw this thread off - but I believe in OSAS. Those that are born again will love the Lord's coming and, to me, enduring temptation is a continuing every day thing! And I won't say anymore regarding this on this thread so as not to derail.

In Christ. . . .
im only going to say this once. I dont believe in OSAS. only those who are secure are those who continue to abide in Christ. you stop abiding in Christ, your salvation is no longer secure.

our only reward is being able to see Jesus Christ coming out of heaven to be with for all eternity... every single person here who thinks there are rewards hasn't even discussed what kind of rewards they think they would get...

this thread is all about rewards, so i would think people would start talking about what kind of rewards they would be... but no one has even bothered to talk about them. i asked the simple question "what greater reward is Jesus"... and this question has still yet to be answered.

speak up you guys! if you think you're getting some special kind of reward, then talk about it!

many of you are gung-ho in thinking you're going to be rewarded something... what is that reward then!? i'm waiting for an answer!

do you have any idea what that reward might be?
does the bible say what kind of reward it is?

how about this:
our reward is being in the very presence of Jesus Christ... to be right next to God the Son... to stand or kneel before Him, in prayer, praise, worship, sing to Him, worship with Him, love Him, and be in the very presence of God Almighty, who gave His life for us so that we will be able to see Him up close and personal...

there is NO greater reward in all of creation or eternity than that.

D

djness

and yet, djness, Paul tells us if we deny Him, He will deny us in 2 Timothy 2:12, and Jude tells us to save ourselves... doesn't do much for your OSAS...

i dont disagree with you there... that's when i said I'm open minded when it comes to crowns... but the crown mentioned in James and 2 Timothy refer to salvation
See your response is exactly what I'm talking about....

You kept asking somone to say that they want Jesus as their reward and I just did....and then you monkey wrenched it with some notion i didn't even mention about once saved always saved...

Stop reading things people are not saying. Be satisifed in Christ and stop looking for something to contend with.

You really seems more concerned with agreement to your view then even whats biblical at this point.

P

peterT

im only going to say this once. I dont believe in OSAS. only those who are secure are those who continue to abide in Christ. you stop abiding in Christ, your salvation is no longer secure.

our only reward is being able to see Jesus Christ coming out of heaven to be with for all eternity... every single person here who thinks there are rewards hasn't even discussed what kind of rewards they think they would get...

this thread is all about rewards, so i would think people would start talking about what kind of rewards they would be... but no one has even bothered to talk about them. i asked the simple question "what greater reward is Jesus"... and this question has still yet to be answered.

speak up you guys! if you think you're getting some special kind of reward, then talk about it!

many of you are gung-ho in thinking you're going to be rewarded something... what is that reward then!? i'm waiting for an answer!

do you have any idea what that reward might be?
does the bible say what kind of reward it is?

how about this:
our reward is being in the very presence of Jesus Christ... to be right next to God the Son... to stand or kneel before Him, in prayer, praise, worship, sing to Him, worship with Him, love Him, and be in the very presence of God Almighty, who gave His life for us so that we will be able to see Him up close and personal...

there is NO greater reward in all of creation or eternity than that.
Well I was hoping that this thread would have been about the 1000s years. I had no idea it would turn into a rewards thread.

I had in mind that the Christians who say the 1000 years as already begun would say something?
But NO.
It must have been clear in my first post that If we don’t give up the faith, and don’t take the mark if the beast, and if we don’t worshipped the beast, neither his image. Then we will live and reign with Christ a thousand years.

Rv20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

L

luciddream1982

It must have been clear in my first post that If we don’t give up the faith, and don’t take the mark if the beast, and if we don’t worshipped the beast, neither his image. Then we will live and reign with Christ a thousand years.

Rv20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
I agree, this has always been my understanding as well.

Jan 14, 2010
The post says "are rewards because of the tribulation"... This is a thread about rewards. If you wanted it to be more than that, you should of said so in the name of the thread

So you think the reward is living with Christ for a thousand years...

T

Trax

I'm saying our salvation is conditional upon our faith... as you so elegantly quoted Ephesians 2:8, that same verse tells us that we are saved by grace *through* faith.
we can know we are saved by continually abiding in Jesus.
No, I wasn't talking about being saved. You implied that one could lose salvation.
My reply was to "WHEN" does it become locked in for you?

Jan 14, 2010
It's "locked in" when we continually abide in Christ.
It's not "locked in" when we stop abiding in Christ.

I do nit believe in OSAS. I believe in conditional security. Our security comes from Christ only.

P

peterT

peterT, i have one question:

what reward is greater than the reward of having salvation from Christ?

Jesus is testifying to the churches that in Him is life... our eternal life comes from Jesus Christ. That's what our reward is when He returns.
Let me explain how I came to the conclusion that there are rewards and what them rewards seem to be.

First.

Jesus said the first shall be last and the last shall be first.

The Christians that go through the tribulation are the last Christians on the earth. And If they don’t give up the faith, and don’t take the mark if the beast, and if they don’t worshipped the beast, neither his image. Then they will lived and reign with Christ a thousand years.

That sounds like a reward to me for the last christians.

Plus.

Jesus said lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven

Matt 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Why would we need to lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, if there is no rewards in doing so?

Plus.
Jesus said when speaking about john the Baptist says there is non greater than john the Baptist showing that there are some greater than others.

Matt11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Plus
The 12 disciples have their name written in the 12 foundations of the wall the holy city new Jerusalem. That’s sounds like a reward to me, for the twelve apostles.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Pluss

jesus said he brings his rewards with him when he comes for their works.

Rv22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

So you can see how I came to that conclusion that there are rewards and that there are some rewarded differently than others.

But if you don’t agree show from the bible that there are NO rewards.

thanks from peter

Jan 14, 2010
then the question still remains: what is that reward?

P

peterT

then the question still remains: what is that reward?
What do I know what the rewards are besides salvation and what I have shown you in the bible.

The 12 disciples have their name written in the 12 foundations of the wall the holy city new Jerusalem. That’s sounds like a reward to me, for the twelve apostles.

they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. That sounds like a reward to me for the last christians.

What do you think the rewards are?

Jan 14, 2010
i dont take the 12 apostles as literal, nor do i see the New Jerusalem as literal either.

the only reward is being with Christ

P

peterT

i dont take the 12 apostles as literal, nor do i see the New Jerusalem as literal either.

the only reward is being with Christ
It makes no difference to the answer whether you think it’s a story of some kind, or whether it be a real city, the answer is still the same.

Their names are written in the wall of the story/real city, God honoured them therefore they are rewarded.

God is in the business of rewards, He is a rewarding God.

And there he goes a gene honouring them therefore rewarding them.

Rv3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Yes God is in the business of rewards

And there he goes a gene honouring them therefore rewarding them

21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but [it shall be given to them] for whom it is prepared of my Father.

God is in the business of rewards, He is a rewarding God.

He even has the wicked rewarded.

Rv18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

You know when god says built his house upon a rock, it’s not just good advice, it’s going to be very necessary for you survival.

Matt7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Jesus is the rock Jesus is the word.