Are Roman Catholics Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Catholics call it a finished work as that which provides grace but then according to the law of their fathers show it to be a partial payment of a unknow amount of grace. Saying our work of suffering in the end of the matter a a place they call purgatory does the actual finishing.

Therefore we must find out what they mean when they use the word "finsished" it has another meaning like they do with many of the words of scripture

So then we have Christ's work as incomplete and a hope of completing it for another unknown amount of time or severity of suffering in the end .

It's how a person looks at the work. Protestants have a different view of (it is finished) Christ supplied the fulness of His grace .There is no grace coming from the creatures. Like our sister in the Lord Mary is the mother of mercy y as if she was crucified for the sins of the world.

Therefore they simply do despite to the grace of God

The Catholics because there foundation is built seeking after dead people who are no longer here under the Sun, they have developed a system of seeking (necromancy) the approval of workers with familiar spirits. They create their own private faith base that they are required to call Patron saint.
Patron saints (3500 and rising) makes up that legion The same amount of idol images (teraphims) are available to purchase . In that way when the legion comes up they have a face to connect with the unseen spirit.

The apostate jews followed the same order.. different workers with famialr spirits. Rachel who practiced a form of Catholicism hid them from her father.He most likely had new ones made up.

Genesis 31:34 Now Rachel had taken the images, and put them in the camel's furniture, and sat upon them. And Laban searched all the tent, but found them not.
I follow neither Catholic nor Protestant doctrine/dogmas I read the Bible, pray for the spirit to help me figure out what it all means and discuss it with others. Among protestants for example th differences between Assemblies of God vs Baptists vs Lutherans vs Quakers etc. Who's to decide? Or should we question them all against the word and trust that will reward our efforts more than if we say yea and amen to whatever we are taught? I surely know it all, God has infinite wisdom, not me. I do know Jesus is the Christ, Son of the living God, Born of A Virgin without the sin of mankind upon him. He was persecuted, tormented, tempted by the Devil himself he allowed himself to be executed for our sake in our place. He was placed in a tomb, dead on Friday, on the eve of passover. Sunday he walked out. He went to the disciples who ran out and denied him. He even proved himself to them. Later he rose to heaven while still alive and he's coming back for us I bet my life and eternal soul on it. That's all I know. Most everything else is either I think or I hope may the Lord please forgive me and/or correct me where I am wrong.

Feb 28, 2016
REV. 20:12.
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened:
and another Book was opened, which is The Book of Life: and the dead were judged
out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

ROMANS 14:10.
But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother?
for we shall all stand before The Judgment Seat of Christ.

11CO. 5:10.
For we must all appear before The Judgment Seat of Christ; that every one may receive
the things done in his body, according to that he has done, whether it be good or bad.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
M...,

We can only choose from that which G-d makes available....lessor of two evils...I think.
Ah, but isn't choosing a lesser of two evils still choosing evil?

I believe President Trump is a man of God. And I believe he is doing God's will while in this office of great responsibility to America and the world.
God knows his sons and daughters and I will not say based on what MSM brings in slanted reporting about him and often through party allegiance that he is not my brother in Christ. Donald Trump affirms Christ and I believe him. As I affirm Christ and believe I should be believed. As we all here who have a profile that declares we are in Christ do.
Judge not lest I be judged. But if I judge use righteous judgment.
Donald is a new creation in Christ. The man MSM tries to resurrect prior to Donald being saved is dead. God remembers his sins no more. Why would I?
God Bless America.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I follow neither Catholic nor Protestant doctrine/dogmas I read the Bible, pray for the spirit to help me figure out what it all means and discuss it with others. Among protestants for example th differences between Assemblies of God vs Baptists vs Lutherans vs Quakers etc. Who's to decide? Or should we question them all against the word and trust that will reward our efforts more than if we say yea and amen to whatever we are taught? I surely know it all, God has infinite wisdom, not me. I do know Jesus is the Christ, Son of the living God, Born of A Virgin without the sin of mankind upon him. He was persecuted, tormented, tempted by the Devil himself he allowed himself to be executed for our sake in our place. He was placed in a tomb, dead on Friday, on the eve of passover. Sunday he walked out. He went to the disciples who ran out and denied him. He even proved himself to them. Later he rose to heaven while still alive and he's coming back for us I bet my life and eternal soul on it. That's all I know. Most everything else is either I think or I hope may the Lord please forgive me and/or correct me where I am wrong.

Assembly of God, Lutheran etc claim bible as the only source. There are different in interpretation,

Catholic not only base on the Bible, they also base on tradition and magistrate.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened:
and another Book was opened, which is The Book of Life: and the dead were judged

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother?

For we must all appear before The Judgment Seat of Christ; that every one may receive
the things done in his body, according to that he has done, whether it be good or bad.
May I ask you? What is your grounding argument here using those scriptures as proof?
Thank you for your indulgence in deeming to answer my question.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Ah, but isn't choosing a lesser of two evils still choosing evil?

I believe President Trump is a man of God. And I believe he is doing God's will while in this office of great responsibility to America and the world.
God knows his sons and daughters and I will not say based on what MSM brings in slanted reporting about him and often through party allegiance that he is not my brother in Christ. Donald Trump affirms Christ and I believe him. As I affirm Christ and believe I should be believed. As we all here who have a profile that declares we are in Christ do.
Judge not lest I be judged. But if I judge use righteous judgment.
Donald is a new creation in Christ. The man MSM tries to resurrect prior to Donald being saved is dead. God remembers his sins no more. Why would I?
God Bless America.
I am a sinner and not try to judge, but to my knowledge a Christian should ask forgiveness from God.

On business insider trump say he never as forgiveness.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-on-god-i-dont-like-to-have-to-ask-for-forgiveness-2016-1

Feb 28, 2016
May I ask you? What is your grounding argument here using those scriptures as proof?
Thank you for your indulgence in deeming to answer my question.[/QUOTE
=======================================================================
OS,
hub and I don't argue, and I'm not trying to 'prove' anything, just a share,
a lead-in so to speak to something perhaps not thought related to the subject,
but another window...

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Thank you. Argument was the wrong word as I did not mean to imply I thought you were arguing with hub. I should rephrase and use a better word. I was wondering what point you were taking when sharing those scriptures?
Is it one that believes we are eternally secure in our salvation? Or do you believe we can lose our salvation?
Thank you again. :)

Nov 12, 2015

This gave me huge and wonderful goosebumps. :)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I'm not touching any sort of political argument with a ten-foot pole. Not with any man, no how, no way.,
But I wanted to give a verse, concerning God and Trump (or God and Obama or God and Putin).

New Living Translation
He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars.

Yes I agree of course. the point I am trying to the Lord will allow the Antichrist to take over, no doubt. The Lord will allow us to take sides the outcome has been fixed. Nothing we can say or do will change it but I believe which side we choose is on our heads and that my friend is the only thing that really matters. What is going to happen is probably happening now the future of the world is not at stake, It's done for but it's the future of our souls is. Choose wisely.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
c...,

Maybe, just maybe she will/can help you comply with G-d's commandments....no?......now that G-d has your attention with a natural occurrence.
I had to step out and get some supplies and I'll retract my thumbs down as soon as I'm free. I'm sure the Lord had better things to do than ruin other peoples mornings just to interfere with my wify. The truth is regarding your objections to my post is you are offended because I identify myself as a Progressive, no? I stated in the very next post that it is because Progressives feel betrayed by our own party, (Democratic) So we rebelled against IT because they take corporate pac money, which we consider BRIBES than represent the voters. That's what we are sick of and we would rather vote for an more honest Jew than a pathological liar that claims to be a Christian. Our vote won't change anything.

The future of the world has long been decided by God. Our personal salvation is all that is at stake. God knows the outcome but it is our decisions that he holds us responsible for. I am not a Communist, I am not a Fascist, I am not an Anarchist! The choices I make will not change the future one bit. It may, save or damn my soul. It's my choice. God already knows what it will be however he doesn't decide it for me. I/We do. Choose wisely my friend,

I have been up to long this week. If you'd like continue send me a message Sunday a.m. If you are not showing off you can send me a P.M. here. and I'll answer, promise. I have nothing to hide any more. (except security information.) have a nice Sabbath! Bob

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I believe if you return to the discussion I was having with stunnedbygrace you'll see we were not discussing the Mormons. We were discussing one Mormon she met and who had the Holy Spirit.
Maybe you shouldn't assume that people who post in this thread have no idea what's being discussed.

I'm fully aware of the conversation, and I was commenting on a part of the conversation I felt inclined to comment on... just as everyone else does.

Relax.

We all have different opinions and views on things.
Differing opinions don't constitute attacks.

-----------

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Maybe you shouldn't assume that people who post in this thread have no idea what's being discussed.

I'm fully aware of the conversation, and I was commenting on a part of the conversation I felt inclined to comment on... just as everyone else does.

Relax.

We all have different opinions and views on things.
Differing opinions don't constitute attacks.

-----------
Thank you. I do not think you are speaking to the right member there. Nothing you state there in criticism pertains to my gentle posting to you.
Thank you again.

Dec 12, 2013
You don't even appear to have a rational grasp of nihilism or existential nihilism...
You think Protestantism was born out of the idea that nothing has value?
I think you just like to hear yourself talk...
You are such a hypocrite....you used at least two posts above to step into a conversation and call me rude etc. and judged how I talk to people and then turn around and say the above....as well as the following...------> LOG in the EYE syndrome......

I think a good word is commonsense.You can probably better say it as two separate words - common sense.

Well God forgive me, but you are just posting :poop:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Thank you. I do not think you are speaking to the right member there. Nothing you state there in criticism pertains to my gentle posting to you.
Thank you again.
So... when 2 different people are talking about mormons... and then I mention mormons... and then you suddenly jump in and correct me for talking about mormons because no one is talking about mormons... errr... that's just you being gentle and polite?

Ok.
I'm fine with that.
:)

-------

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
You are such a hypocrite....you used at least two posts above to step into a conversation and call me rude etc. and judged how I talk to people and then turn around and say the above....as well as the following...------> LOG in the EYE syndrome......

I think a good word is commonsense.You can probably better say it as two separate words - common sense.

Well God forgive me, but you are just posting :poop:

Hey, guys! Knock it off already the enemy has gone while we fight amongst ourselves. Don't help him win brother against brother while the devil laughs at us. I'm guilty too lets shake hands and find something else to talk about we're not talking about the salvation of catholics any more, which is what this string was all about but it has devolved to name calling and poo slinging. Break it up before I get a rope. lol ill let you explain it to him stunned. Bob