Are Roman Catholics Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Lying is a relative thing. Like the contradiction to the Bible. What in your eyes contradicts to the Bible, for the Catholic does not represent a contradiction.
I do not understand why you say catholic not contradict to the Bible. So you believe catholic inline with the Bible?

I believe catholic not inline with the Bible.

Jun 29, 2018
I do not understand why you say catholic not contradict to the Bible. So you believe catholic inline with the Bible?

I believe catholic not inline with the Bible.
The Bible does not cover events related to the death of Mary, therefore it will not be correct to say whether the teaching of traditional churches in this subject inline with the Bible or not inline. It is not built on the Bible, but it may be not contrary to the Bible, so it will be more correct.
On this subject can also be said that in the writings of church authors until the 5th-6th centuries we do not find a reference of the practice of seeking help from the heavenly saints.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The Bible does not cover events related to the death of Mary, therefore it will not be correct to say whether the teaching of traditional churches in this subject inline with the Bible or not inline. It is not built on the Bible, but it may be not contrary to the Bible, so it will be more correct.
On this subject can also be said that in the writings of church authors until the 5th-6th centuries we do not find a reference of the practice of seeking help from the heavenly saints.
The heart of the issue is whether Mary was a sinner. She was and she recognized her need for a Savior. Hard to base a doctrine on silence in the scripture. Church writing are written by men who have hearts that cannot be trusted.

The bible does not teach praying to dead saints. We pray to a Risen Savior who is Christ.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
John 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father draws him ~~~ John 14:6 But no man can come to the Father, but by me

Hebrew 11:6, For he that cometh to God must believe he is, and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

So let me guess, you would need to charge him for your services so that you might buy some instruction on how to come to the knowledge of the truth? Thy word is true from the beginning: Ps 119:160 Would that be when God said let there be light and there was light?

Eph. 1:4 Even as He chose us in Him, before the foundations of the world.

(I take it that foundations was just a typo)
The fact that you are confused by the scriptures tells me that you're applying your own flawed, finite human understanding and wisdom to the supernatural, infinite Word of God.
The only way to receive the truth of the scriptures is by the Holy Spirit who gives it to true believers. God deliberately hides the true meaning of His Word from certain people, He only gives it to His elect

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
The fact that you are confused by the scriptures tells me that you're applying your own flawed, finite human understanding and wisdom to the supernatural, infinite Word of God.
The 'infinite' Word of God sounds like what someone who is ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth, plus the scriptures have a beginning and end so the Bible isn't infinite, unless you are saying the Bible isn't the word of God.

The only way to receive the truth of the scriptures is by the Holy Spirit who gives it to true believers. God deliberately hides the true meaning of His Word from certain people, He only gives it to His elect
For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe. 1 Thess 2:13

The only way to receive it as it is in truth, the word of truth, is found in Proverbs 23:23 since it is freely given to be received freely.