Are The Laws Done Away With?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 15, 2019
This subject in my opinion, is of #2 importance when it comes to putting on the whole armour of God. I've grown up in an environment that expressed that it wasn't required or expedient to keep the laws of God. I attempt to shed light on the subject with this two part video.
God Bless!

Dec 12, 2013
No one keeps that which condemns.....have you kept the law 24/7/365 from your first breath to the present....NOPE....you are already condemned as a law breaker.....why is it so hard to accept the facts that the LAW condemns and POINTS to the only cure....the IMPUTED righteousness of CHRIST BY FAITH WITHOUT THE LAW

THEREFORE we conclude that a man is JUSTIFIED by FAITH without the DEEDS/WORKS of the LAW!!!!!!!!!!!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
the law is not erased but whoever is immersed into Christ is immersed into His death -- and the law has no power or authority over anyone who has died. Romans ch. 6, 7, 8

this is how we are made free - it is for freedom we are free, Galatians ch. 5 - but freedom should not be used as an excuse to flaunt the law, which is useful to instruct us about what God is pleased with and what He hates.

for us who died with Him and are raised with Him we are not under law. it is the legal equivalent of all infractions expunged and ambassadorial status such that no law restricts us. you can neither charge nor prosecute a dead man :)

it is wise to do the things of the law but it is neither required not is it the mechanism of our salvation: righteousness is by faith in the Son of God and is imputed, not earned.
God will chasten His sons & daughters. Proverbs 3:12, Hebrews 12:6. it is therefore foolish to do what displeases Him.

He saves you by His graciousness, not you by your will, efforts, works, strength or cleverness.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I've grown up in an environment that expressed that it wasn't required or expedient to keep the laws of God.
what environment is that?

it sure ain't expedient to offer blood sacrifices of lambs or goats or oxen or doves.
but it sure is expedient to forsake evil & seek what is good.

are you sure you're adequately representing what you were taught in this environment?

i'll listen to your video later when i have an hour commute. thanks for posting

K

Karraster

Hi servantmorris and welcome to CC. That was a fine presentation and well said. So many people are blinded to the truth because they've been taught wrong. It's been said "It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." I reckon that's so.

As you have pointed out, the scriptures that are relied upon the most, to support the view that all the laws are done away with, are the very scriptures we are warned about to not twist to our destruction. For lack of a better way to put it, poetic justice comes to mind. For we have been warned not to do it right there! The scriptures tell us how to live, the law is good and a great gift to mankind! What a wonderful world it would be if everybody would follow the law. Whoever says the law's been done away, they are sorely misguided. The law doesn't save us, only our Creator can do that, but while we're on earth we would do well to honor and obey our LORD.

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
Who does the Bible say will be destroyed? Many verses on that, and it's a great study for anyone who wants to know. What is the error of the wicked? Here's what the ISBE has to say:

The International Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE) gives this definition of wicked according to the Bible: "The state of being wicked; a mental disregard for justice, righteousness, truth, honor, virtue; evil in thought and life; depravity; sinfulness; criminality.".

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
there's a law that governs everything in life, whether it is society, biology or physics.

May 30, 2019
This subject in my opinion, is of #2 importance when it comes to putting on the whole armour of God. I've grown up in an environment that expressed that it wasn't required or expedient to keep the laws of God. I attempt to shed light on the subject with this two part video.
God Bless!
I don’t think so... I got a speeding ticket yesterday 😏