Are the pagan deities 'real'?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Are they fictional constructs or material entities? Why do require sacrifice?
Our God required sacrifice.
Pagan deities are anthropomorphized constructs that pertain to nature and the elements. They are real in the sense that there are elements in this reality and in nature. Therefore, those gods and goddesses are as real for those who believe as is God for the Christian who believes.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
I'm god more often in my mind than I should be(like every time I think I am)... I definitely think people think I should be their god... well... bust because I am god more often in my mind than I should.... Why shouldn't everyone else think I'm god or at least a dimy-god.... I mean.... I am GREAT, at least god in my own mind.... looking for false religion for false gods? You don't have to back to ancient Rome/Greece... just look to me.... ust look to me I love playing god ESPECIALLY IN OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES.... I'm good at that!!!lolol

Jan 25, 2015
Our God required sacrifice.
Pagan deities are anthropomorphized constructs that pertain to nature and the elements. They are real in the sense that there are elements in this reality and in nature. Therefore, those gods and goddesses are as real for those who believe as is God for the Christian who believes.

Also, many of them were based on the stars and signs in the stars.

Jan 25, 2015
I do not care!
If you think ENGLISH SPEAKING people know better than Hebrews then believe what you want. Personally, the dumbest Hebrew moron is 20 million times brighter than you will ever be trying to understand the Tanakh (Old Testament)
!
This is a bit derogatory :ROFL:, the only reason the Hebrew speakers are ahead of us is because the eat, life and breath Tanakh from a very young age. I can see you are worked up but you get very clever people that didn’t start speaking Hebrew until they were older. God can equip anybody my dear brother, and forums like this should be used as a tool to learn from one another, not to argue with each other :D.

KhedetOrthos

Dec 13, 2019
Are they fictional constructs or material entities? Why do require sacrifice?
Some are likely demons. For instance, Al-Ilah, the Arabic moon god and Quetzalcoatl the flying Mexican serpent god.

Others like the Flying Spaghetti Monster the atheists use are fiction.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Human nature seems to have a component that drives us to assign blame or credit to either known or unknown sources. It seems to always be someone’s fault, bad luck, or some unseen force causing either happiness or sorrow. Eve blamed the serpent, Adam blamed Eve, the serpent, and even God. Cain blamed Able etc. etc.

Education may help but that innate tendency seems ever ready to assign blame and retribution. Only by understanding life from God’s perspective and having faith in a Holy God, did the pieces fall together for me. No amount of psychology, psychiatry or appeals to unseen forces helped me to see the simplicity within the complexity.

There are many philosophies one can use that can aid one‘s walk through life, but none have stood up to a clear understanding of who the God of the Bible is, and what He desires for each of us. The object of ones faith is more important than the degree of ones faith. Point it in the right direction and an everlasting peace will fill your life.

Apr 14, 2020
Some are likely demons. For instance, Al-Ilah, the Arabic moon god and Quetzalcoatl the flying Mexican serpent god.

Others like the Flying Spaghetti Monster the atheists use are fiction.
Okay. With regards to the former, could you possibly tell me why began to be worshipped?

Apr 22, 2020
1 Corinthians 10: 19-21

19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

21Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

O' it is expedient for the world to know this knowledge. Take for example the India, that country has many lords and many gods; and of course, they are fake, false, unreal. But this just comes to show how lost they are. And to make matters worse, they offer animal sacrifices and ceremonial rituals to what they believe to be a living gods, but they do err, as it is to devils, or unclean spirits to whom they are giving reverence. "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14. One would think that pagan worshiping would be eradicated by now. But sadly, paganism has roots that can be traced back to the times of Jacob; when Jacob tells Leban "With whomsoever thou findest thy gods, let him not live..." (Genesis 31:32), and "Rachel had taken the images, and put them in the camel's furniture, and sat upon them. And Laban searched all the tent, but found them not. (Genesis 31:34). We then learn that Egypt was a place of Idol worshiping, in so much that even the Israelite people made a golden calf; they had learn about false gods in Egypt. To us, this may seem absurd, but;

as "...Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed (Jesus Christ), we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha. " Romans 9:29

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Strong's Concordance

430. elohim ►

elohim: God, god

Definition

God, god

NASB Translation

divine (1), divine being (1), exceedingly (1), God (2326), god (45), God's (14), goddess (2), godly (1), gods (204), great (2), judges (3), mighty (2), rulers (1), shrine* (1).

you couldnt be more wrong on this one, lets go back to psalm 82

Psalm 82:1
God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:

in hebrew the word for gods, in this passage, is elohim. so according to your logic this passage is stating the Most High is sitting in a council with multiple other Most High(s)

there is no way you can believe that.

I do not care!
If you think ENGLISH SPEAKING people know better than Hebrews then believe what you want. Personally, the dumbest Hebrew moron is 20 million times brighter than you will ever be trying to understand the Tanakh (Old Testament)!
Are you Hebrew?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
They are ANGELS, Sons of God

Chapter 2
The Divine Council in the Hebrew Bible 5 ....................................
Names of the Councils 7 ........................................................................................
Names of Council Members 8 ..............................................................................
Other Indications of the Council 13 ....................................................................
Summary of Council Activities 16 ......................................................................
YHVH, the Head of the Council .....................................................................
18 The Biblical Council and ANE Assemblies 20 .................................................
Visions of the Divine Council 24 ................
Source for above: http://www.hebrew-streams.org/works/hebrew/divinecouncil-ch2.pdf
Scroll to find list on page 4.

J

jaybird88

1 Corinthians 10: 19-21

19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

21Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

O' it is expedient for the world to know this knowledge. Take for example the India, that country has many lords and many gods; and of course, they are fake, false, unreal. But this just comes to show how lost they are. And to make matters worse, they offer animal sacrifices and ceremonial rituals to what they believe to be a living gods, but they do err, as it is to devils, or unclean spirits to whom they are giving reverence. "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14. One would think that pagan worshiping would be eradicated by now. But sadly, paganism has roots that can be traced back to the times of Jacob; when Jacob tells Leban "With whomsoever thou findest thy gods, let him not live..." (Genesis 31:32), and "Rachel had taken the images, and put them in the camel's furniture, and sat upon them. And Laban searched all the tent, but found them not. (Genesis 31:34). We then learn that Egypt was a place of Idol worshiping, in so much that even the Israelite people made a golden calf; they had learn about false gods in Egypt. To us, this may seem absurd, but;

as "...Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed (Jesus Christ), we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha. " Romans 9:29
those Indians sure are spiritually enlightened for a bunch of lost people. maybe if they burned more people alive, went on crusades and tortured people with inquisitions people would take them more seriously.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
those Indians sure are spiritually enlightened for a bunch of lost people. maybe if they burned more people alive, went on crusades and tortured people with inquisitions people would take them more seriously.
Read.