Are the Scriptures Infallible, Inerrant, or Both?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Are the Scriptures Infallible, Inerrant, or Both?

• Infallible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Inerrant

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Both

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
E

eternally-gratefull

I think because the Scripture was not yet complete at the time of the writings and because many New Testament writers were not aware of the guidance of the Holy Spirit while they were writing, St. Paul may have been referring to the Old Testament.
Also, it is important to note that the Scriptures WERE able to be misinterpreted in the time of Jesus the most famous of which is the temping of the Lord by Satan (matthew 4:5-6).
I doubt that the people writing scripture did not know they were being inspired by the HS. Not to mention Peter calls Pauls writings scripture. I agree, OT scripture is enough for any of us to know how to be saved. But I do not agree the OT is enough for us to be fully equipped for every good work, and complete in Christ. I doubt Paul thought this either.

As for misinterpretations. People have been doing it for all history. The jews misinterpreted the law. This is why they crucified Christ. well one of the many reasons.