Are There ANY Movies or Shows on Disney Plus That ARE'NT Idoctrinating Our Kids?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
Hi. I Just subscribed to Disney Plus, so my preteen son and I can watch two shows: The Mandalorian and Obi-Wan. I know that most Christian parents are doing the opposite and canceling their subscriptions due to the attack on our kids by the LGBTQ mob. I get that, and I respect it.

But I was hoping that these two shows we want to watch are free from the usual Disney transgender/queer indoctrination. Has anyone watched these, and if so, are they free from this nonsense. Thanks in advance.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I haven't seen them, so I can't comment on those movies. I just saw this is why so many have had queer agenda throughout the Disney franchise. There are writers, actors and producers like This.

There used to be a Christian movie review website that my brother checked before taking his kids to see them. I don't recall the name, but should be easy to find.
It's good that you are asking since things have gotten so perverted the past decade or more.

Jun 17, 2023
Hi. I Just subscribed to Disney Plus, so my preteen son and I can watch two shows: The Mandalorian and Obi-Wan. I know that most Christian parents are doing the opposite and canceling their subscriptions due to the attack on our kids by the LGBTQ mob. I get that, and I respect it.

But I was hoping that these two shows we want to watch are free from the usual Disney transgender/queer indoctrination. Has anyone watched these, and if so, are they free from this nonsense. Thanks in advance.
Hi! I believe Movieguide offers reviews from a Christian perspective. Here's a link to their review for The Mandalorian's Season One: https://www.movieguide.org/reviews/the-mandalorian-season-one.html

And, I'm not sure if this is the version you were referring to (I also haven't seen any of these movies), but here is their review for "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Part 1 and 2: https://www.movieguide.org/reviews/obi-wan-kenobi-episodes-1-1-2-part-i-and-part-ii.html

Have a blessed evening!

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Old Yeller

F

FollowingtheWay

Yes, we canceled our Disney plus subscription. What did it for me when I walked into the room and listened to an animated boy character identity as a dog while in disobedience to his parents. (Well that enough of that)

A caveat I will give is that while not exactly biblically accurate Dreamworks did a cartoon animation about the Moses/Egypt story . I believe it’s the same animators who did Disneys Pocahontas it’s called (prince of Egypt)

Another solution we love is that our Church provided the body access to a subscription called RightNowmedia which has a compiled list of kids Christian appropriate animation like Superbook, story keepers etc

There was the animations built by the makers of scooby doo /Hanna Barrea
Made a Bible series called The greatest adventure.

There are kids animations on a subscription called pureflix as well.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021

I don't know about those two, but personally I wouldn't support Disney at all. I wouldn't give them a penny.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Star Wars is not christian why would anyone want to watch it?
Have you seen the costumes, isn't that enough of a clue. Carrie Fisher complained in the original Star Wars about her character that George Lucas would not let her wear a bra underneath her white gown, and claimed he told her 'there are no bras in space' (female representation is woefully inadequate in those kind of movies, much like Lord of the Rings)

Her character along with all the other Star Wars merch have become idols and pez dispensers and blow up toys.

Carrie Fisher had a daughter, but her dad turned out to be gay, maybe he was only a fan because of the Star Wars series. She said of him he forgot to tell her, and she didnt think to ask.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
Hi! I believe Movieguide offers reviews from a Christian perspective. Here's a link to their review for The Mandalorian's Season One: https://www.movieguide.org/reviews/the-mandalorian-season-one.html

And, I'm not sure if this is the version you were referring to (I also haven't seen any of these movies), but here is their review for "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Part 1 and 2: https://www.movieguide.org/reviews/obi-wan-kenobi-episodes-1-1-2-part-i-and-part-ii.html
Thanks so much!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Star Wars is not christian why would anyone want to watch it?
Have you seen the costumes, isn't that enough of a clue. Carrie Fisher complained in the original Star Wars about her character that George Lucas would not let her wear a bra underneath her white gown, and claimed he told her 'there are no bras in space' (female representation is woefully inadequate in those kind of movies, much like Lord of the Rings)

Her character along with all the other Star Wars merch have become idols and pez dispensers and blow up toys.

Carrie Fisher had a daughter, but her dad turned out to be gay, maybe he was only a fan because of the Star Wars series. She said of him he forgot to tell her, and she didnt think to ask.
Clearly you've not seen Disney Star Wars. It's Flooded with women. And Rey became a powerful Jedi, yet practically skipped all training. As well as Leia never having trained at all, yet somehow manages to survive and fly in space to save herself, using the Force. A feat never done by any jedi before, ever. It's become feminist propaganda, not Star Wars.

And LOTR didn't have tons of women, but the women it did showcase were mostly pivotal, in the long run, to Frodo surving. Without them he'd have died and thus Middle Earth taken over.
And Eowyn slayed the head of the Nazgul, who was riding on a flying dragon, saving countless lives in battle by doing so and helping sway the tide of battle.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I think we all know what the "force" is. At least we know what it isn't.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Disney is a woke mess. They're so bent on pushing lgbtq+ they're willing to loose millions per movie to push it. As well as feminism. Not to mention recreating old stories with race swapped characters to get rid of white main characters. The Little Mermaid, for example. Or the new Snow White they're making a live action film. A Danish story that specifically describes Snow White's appearance as being light skinned (being Danish, it makes sense), yet Disney replacing her with a non-white actress.
And rewriting the entire story. Basically they scrap the prince, favoring, instead, to turn her into an independent girl boss in the story. Even two of the actresses trashed the original story because it showed a man saving a woman.

I've never really been a Disney fan (they never did greatly appeal to me, even as a kid), but now I wouldn't go near them if they paid me.

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023

seekingthemindofChrist

Jul 10, 2023
Another solution we love is that our Church provided the body access to a subscription called RightNowmedia which has a compiled list of kids Christian appropriate animation like Superbook, story keepers etc.
All of "The Story Keepers" episodes can be watched for free at the following links:

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13

Each episode is only about 25 minutes long.

They also made "The Easter Story", which is approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes long, and that can be watched for free here:

The Easter Story

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
Clearly you've not seen Disney Star Wars. It's Flooded with women.
Flooded with women. Oh, how I would have loved being "flooded with women" when I was a young marine in my early twenties :LOL:

But I know what you mean. The strong characters of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Obi-Wan Kenobi have all been emasculated and reduced to whiny momma's boys. They have all been replaced by these superhero women who never blink, make a mistake, or are completely invincible.

seekingthemindofChrist

Jul 10, 2023
F

FollowingtheWay

Flooded with women. Oh, how I would have loved being "flooded with women" when I was a young marine in my early twenties :LOL:

But I know what you mean. The strong characters of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Obi-Wan Kenobi have all been emasculated and reduced to whiny momma's boys. They have all been replaced by these superhero women who never blink, make a mistake, or are completely invincible.
I don’t think it’s coincidental that they’re doing that to the male characters but maybe I’m just a conspiracy nut. But it’s across all their films today. Very rarely is there a strong male lead in their films. The men in Encantanto were so aloof I could barely watch it .
I did enjoy “brave” sorta because the princess still makes a mistake and learned her lesson . I did not appreciate the Celtic kinsmen all being aloof. One or two would have been funny but they made them all that way including her dad the king. The little Celtic brothers to the princess with their mischievous ways made me giggle a bit though even as an adult

Aug 8, 2023
Perversion runs through most films and TV series, not just Disney..:)