Are there any musicians in here?...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

I am that kind of musician that never gets asked to join a worship team... I kind of made it when I still played the sax, but now I only play the bassoon, and it doesn't really attract more than 1-2 seconds of attention.

Earlier I played in the church's chamber orchestra. That was cool. I moved from that area (even the country) and I haven't found a church with an orchestra like that. I miss playing at Easter services. I also used playing solo stuff there and was a soloist with the choir.

Now I am just one that sits in the back, trying to blend in with my singing. Perhaps, one day, I might get up there again. Not my calling right now.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Record something and put it on here. I'll listen to it.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I don't know what VLC is..do I need to be on a computer?

T

toinena

I don't know what VLC is..do I need to be on a computer?
You can get it as an app to the phone, too. It is an old formate, and I haven't had time to convert it to MP3 yet. VLC plays all formates.

Apr 20, 2018
I love the lyrics, this must have been from deep inside your heart .just like a prayer. Reminds me of the psalmist David.

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
I play a bunch of instruments (stopped counting at 20), 4 really well (guitar, drums, bass, piano). My whole life has been centered on Jesus and music. I do electronics and engineering too. Played pro 15 years, did the tour bus thing for a while. I do a lot of composing, but only wrote a handful of songs with words. I'll post a few later. Lots of stories/testimony.

Apr 20, 2018
Am happy for you though jealous too.lol

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I play a bunch of instruments (stopped counting at 20), 4 really well (guitar, drums, bass, piano). My whole life has been centered on Jesus and music. I do electronics and engineering too. Played pro 15 years, did the tour bus thing for a while. I do a lot of composing, but only wrote a handful of songs with words. I'll post a few later. Lots of stories/testimony.
Would u like to name the others? I'm guessing the xylophone, flute... but do not want to make anymore wild guesses=).

T

Tinuviel

I would not consider myself a proper musician, but I do love music! I played the piano for a while. I can play a few songs credibly, and pick out simple tunes. Hymns and simplish classical songs was about the highest level I ever got to...and sadly, I haven't played for several months now so I've lost a lot of dexterity. I started taking violin lessons last summer/fall. I'm still not good at it, but I do love it. Eventually I'd like to take cello lessons! And I sing :). Oh, and when I was 16 I played guitar for a week. I couldn't bear it :p. I'd love to try again sometime...we shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I play the violin for the music team at our local assembly. back at my previous assembly, I sang in the music team. I can play the guitar, but I'm not good at it lol.

I haven't kept up with my page at all, but here are some of my songs:

www.soundcloud.com/melita916

:)

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I play the violin for the music team at our local assembly. back at my previous assembly, I sang in the music team. I can play the guitar, but I'm not good at it lol.

Wow. You have a lovely voice, young woman. Did you do more than one voice track on the ps73 song?

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Wow. You have a lovely voice, young woman. Did you do more than one voice track on the ps73 song?
I did all the tracks. Melody and harmony :)

thanks for listening!

Apr 20, 2018
Wow,you have a very good voice .I like the songs too.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018

Very nice sister, very beautiful voice :) thank you for sharing!! x

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
You can get it as an app to the phone, too. It is an old formate, and I haven't had time to convert it to MP3 yet. VLC plays all formates.
I cant get VLC on my phone, so I can’t play it...