Are there any musicians in here?...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
Great, thanks for sharing with us. I nevertheless realised how hard playing the harmonica is! I’ve done it once when I was younger & all I remember was the different sounds that came out when I blew lol.

Thanks for sharing! :)
The harmonica is an interesting instrument. As far as I know, it's the only wind instrument in the world that you breath in and out to play, the only wind instrument you can play cords on, and the only instrument you can't see while you're playing it.

Christelle is a French girl who just released her first CD. She's unbelievable on the harmonica. Go to the 1:10 mark to hear her play. Watch when she goes to the Db.....

Here's Harproli playing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". The way I play it is about identical to him. I love the melody of the song.

Harproli playing Hallelujah in G and A

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
A few here play for their church bands too :) which instrument? Or instruments?
I am a keyboardist :) I don't do vocals. But I know some guitar as well. Currently want to correspond with musicians who have the same interest in praise and worship.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
The harmonica is an interesting instrument. As far as I know, it's the only wind instrument in the world that you breath in and out to play, the only wind instrument you can play cords on, and the only instrument you can't see while you're playing it.

Christelle is a French girl who just released her first CD. She's unbelievable on the harmonica. Go to the 1:10 mark to hear her play. Watch when she goes to the Db.....

Here's Harproli playing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". The way I play it is about identical to him. I love the melody of the song.

Harproli playing Hallelujah in G and A
Oh wow, she’s very talented!

M

MusicMaker

I write and record Christian, children's, and Christmas music. It's all done on a 16-track digital hardware recorder, with various synths and drum machines. Here are a couple of examples:

"JOY!"
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13602343

"Preschool Blues"
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=9217066

Well, okay, even though it's August, I'll include a Christmas tune!

"Let Us Celebrate!"
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13602346

I do feel that I must comment on the rap-bashing - I hate the violent, misogynistic content as much as anyone, but that's actually NOT the majority of rap. It's kind of like the '70s, when there were so many talented and serious black actors and great stories to be told, but the television industry wanted to feed us "Good Times" and Jimmie "J.J." Walker and similar images.

I'm just as appalled by a lot of rock music which glorifies sex, drugs, Satanism, and violence, but I don't paint it all with a broad brush. There are actually plenty of hip-hop bands that play real music with real instruments, and actually write their own music. There are many responsible hip-hop artists and bands who have more meaningful things to say about race and society than most artists and bands in other genres.

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
I write and record Christian, children's, and Christmas music. It's all done on a 16-track digital hardware recorder, with various synths and drum machines. Here are a couple of examples:

"JOY!"

"Preschool Blues"

"Let Us Celebrate!"

I do feel that I must comment on the rap-bashing - I hate the violent, misogynistic content as much as anyone, but that's actually NOT the majority of rap. It's kind of like the '70s, when there were so many talented and serious black actors and great stories to be told, but the television industry wanted to feed us "Good Times" and Jimmie "J.J." Walker and similar images.

I'm just as appalled by a lot of rock music which glorifies sex, drugs, Satanism, and violence, but I don't paint it all with a broad brush. There are actually plenty of hip-hop bands that play real music with real instruments, and actually write their own music. There are many responsible hip-hop artists and bands who have more meaningful things to say about race and society than most artists and bands in other genres.
I just listened to 'Preschool Blues' and you did a good job. Maybe I'll add a few blues harp licks to it and send you the recording. I haven't played blues in ages though.

M

MusicMaker

I just listened to 'Preschool Blues' and you did a good job. Maybe I'll add a few blues harp licks to it and send you the recording. I haven't played blues in ages though.
Thanks! I've NEVER played blues, so that was WAY out of my wheelhouse, but it was a fun challenge. It think it would sound very cool with some blues harp.

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
Thanks! I've NEVER played blues, so that was WAY out of my wheelhouse, but it was a fun challenge. It think it would sound very cool with some blues harp.
Did you play the guitar part or did that also come from the recorder?

Apr 15, 2017
I play air guitar. It's not as easy as it looks!

I tried playing air guitar when I was 12 years old, but I could not get the hang of it, and I sucked quite a bit at it, and the only song that I could actually pick up on, even though it was only a one string effort, was smoke on the water.

I guess I am not musically gifted, and I apologized to my dad for all the money that he spent for lessons, and I failed at it.

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
I tried playing air guitar when I was 12 years old, but I could not get the hang of it, and I sucked quite a bit at it, and the only song that I could actually pick up on, even though it was only a one string effort, was smoke on the water.

I guess I am not musically gifted, and I apologized to my dad for all the money that he spent for lessons, and I failed at it.
Was that a Deep Purple song?

M

MusicMaker

Did you play the guitar part or did that also come from the recorder?
I play all the parts in my recordings, expect drums, but I do program all the drum beats measure by measure myself - I never use anything pre-programmed (not that there's anything wrong with that!).

The "guitar" is my own custom program on my vintage analog synth running through an overdrive pedal which is going into an envelope filter pedal set to sound more like an actual wah pedal. I have to get pretty creative in my little home studio!

Aug 2, 2009
OK ok... truth be told. Although air guitar is a great challenge, my main instrument is drums :) I've been playing since Reagan was president :p Also, I sing (but not professionally... but someday maybe.. )

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018

"JOY!"

"Preschool Blues"

"Let Us Celebrate!"

Thanks for pointing this out. I listen to some Christian hiphop music that ain’t about women, money and sex.

These artists are sharing their testimonies through music.

DonCapili

May 15, 2018
Good stuff bro, thanks for sharing! I like the second track especially! :)
thanks appreciate the comment. are you a musician as well? What do you play and generally do? Im keen on looking for somebody who wants to do a collaboration

Apr 15, 2017
Was that a Deep Purple song?
It was, and I was joking around about playing air guitar, and mentioned that I could play smoke on the water, but only one air string, because it seems like it is the most popular song that people learn to play when they first start playing guitar who are in to rock music, at least back then.

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
OK ok... truth be told. Although air guitar is a great challenge, my main instrument is drums :) I've been playing since Reagan was president :p Also, I sing (but not professionally... but someday maybe.. )
Air guitar is actually a thing right. I know there are some competitive competitions.

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
thanks appreciate the comment. are you a musician as well? What do you play and generally do? Im keen on looking for somebody who wants to do a collaboration
I play guitar and alil drums. Nothing professional though. I think there’s a couple of musicians who have commented in this thread already.

Aug 14, 2018
I can play guitar. I play at church sometimes.

I'm surely not a professional, though, I do enjoy it. I have been playing since I was 12.

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Any of the new folk play instruments?..