Are there many true Christians to date

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 21, 2022
I believe the Holy Spirit will lead His sheep to others of the same fold IF that is where HE wants us. I don't believe we can too easily dismiss the notion that HE brings us believers 'projects' of HIS choosing, who may NOT be a Spirit filled as we. Why? His ways are higher than ours. Many of us have exes who weren't spirit filled, and it was very hard to be our true self around them. So it is natural to want someone of the same mind, likeness. A power couple in Christ is an amazing concept, and creates a frontal assault on the works of darkness, both for the two, and to those in their sphere of influence. If you want this, pray for it, God promises the desires of your heart. Believe it is coming, and speak like it it. "THANK YOU LORD. I know you love me, and I believe today you will put someone in my path that will richly bless my walk with you. Bring that spouse to me, one that will draw me nearer to you. You are my first love, and I am betrothed to you first and foremost. Thank you in advance for what I believe you are doing. I receive the gift of a spouse as a precious gift directly from you Father. Thank you, thank you, thank you. AMEN." (I said this for myself too :). Hope this blesses someone else too.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Real Christians are far and few, remember the bible propheciessay that In the last days their is going to be a huge falling out, everyone Doing what is right in their own eyes, walking after their own lusts, people given over to reprobate minds who do not follow afterthe truth.

People who follow false doctrines and reject Jesus Christ but still call them selves christians, we call them wolves in sheep's clothing.

What your seeing is the fulfilling prophecies of the end times.
Amen

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
My sons find it difficult to find true christians sold out for Jesus
Proverbs 31 woman

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life."

I've never searched for one, because I'm a christian guy too. But the ladies who walk with the Lord could probably say the same about guys. In some of the conservative evangelical Churches it's very common for even the pastor's daughters to live with some lost guy and not be married. I could name those who ran around, became lesbians in college, etc. My first pastor's son was caught selling drugs in highschool.
That's the state of what has become more common.

I truly consider the honorable ladies to be rarer and far more precious than fine gems.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Proverbs 31 woman

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life."

I've never searched for one, because I'm a christian guy too. But the ladies who walk with the Lord could probably say the same about guys. In some of the conservative evangelical Churches it's very common for even the pastor's daughters to live with some lost guy and not be married. I could name those who ran around, became lesbians in college, etc. My first pastor's son was caught selling drugs in highschool.
That's the state of what has become more common.

I truly consider the honorable ladies to be rarer and far more precious than fine gems.
Its sad really, but in all honesty no one should send their child to a secular school

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Its sad really, but in all honesty no one should send their child to a secular school
I attended a non denominational evangelical mega church for years and it was the same story there.
In spite of the size of the church in a city with a large university, they had a tiny college ministry.
Right after highschool, the parents lose their children to ______( fill in the blank.) . Sometimes they have children and return to church, etc.
Then I thought about what God kept warning His people about. From Genesis to Malachi His people kept giving their children away to marry heathens....unbelievers.
The parents are not supposed to do that, yet it is a tradition that continues today.
Breaks my heart.

CarolLove

Oct 10, 2022
Yes, there are. What are you looking for in a spouse?

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
I attended a non denominational evangelical mega church for years and it was the same story there.
In spite of the size of the church in a city with a large university, they had a tiny college ministry.
Right after highschool, the parents lose their children to ______( fill in the blank.) . Sometimes they have children and return to church, etc.
Then I thought about what God kept warning His people about. From Genesis to Malachi His people kept giving their children away to marry heathens....unbelievers.
The parents are not supposed to do that, yet it is a tradition that continues today.
Breaks my heart.
Yep, and unless we change it, it's going to continue that way.

Oct 15, 2022
Were in perilous times, evil times, and it will keep getting worse, read second Timothy chapter 3. In 1997 I dated a girl who used me as a piggy bank. Lies and deception. She went to catholic church, claiming to be Christian. I learned my lesson. My advice. Stay single.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Were in perilous times, evil times, and it will keep getting worse, read second Timothy chapter 3. In 1997 I dated a girl who used me as a piggy bank. Lies and deception. She went to catholic church, claiming to be Christian. I learned my lesson. My advice. Stay single.
Nah, that ain't a sign of the times. Some of them been doing that since the start of recorded history. :p

In my experience the majority of them are nice people though, once you get to know them.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
At first I thought you took your user name from that new video game that is basically "Dark Souls meets Disney..." But that's Asterigos, not Asterismos.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
My sons find it difficult to find true christians sold out for Jesus
I think that sadly the number of true Christians is a minority of people who declare themselves Christian.. Which is another confirmation that i am living in the end times where many people will fall away from the truth and be given over to deceptions and delusions..

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I think that sadly the number of true Christians is a minority of people who declare themselves Christian.. Which is another confirmation that i am living in the end times where many people will fall away from the truth and be given over to deceptions and delusions..
Again: History shows that has always been the case.

I ain't saying there are no signs of the endtime, but that ain't one of them. If it is, we been living in the endtime since the Bible started.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
It happens, unfortunately their will be more wolves in sheeps clothing in the end times.

Dymes

Dec 11, 2016
if someone has sold their home and used all that money for Jesus, they are may be volunteering for Habitat for Humanity or Salavtion Army or another charity like Variety, Tearfund or World Vision

so have a look into those charities

You are not going to find many christians working for a huge corporation or on wall street for example (even though they buy and sell on regular basis)

He or she will be minstering to whoever is in need and doing whatver good works God is calling them. to do, it might even be their own community projects because, sometimes you have to act locally to minsiter to those in need right where you are[/QUOTE

EXACTLY! For many people a "sold out" Christian seems to be someone who meets the common standard of Christianity. Celibacy, honest, & not an alcoholic, etc... Just goes to show the state of society.