Are there single Christian girls in Finland ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
I sometimes feel like there are none. Religion is a thing of the elderly here. Its impossible to find a young girl of God here. Its impossible. Finland is one of the worlds most secularized countries and it only seems to be getting worse. Its hopeless. I will very probably die alone and depressed. But I really wish to have a good lovable wife. Im so full of passion. But I will have to accept this will likely stay a dream forever.

I have searched hard everywhere since college. A good couple of years. But never found ONE girl of my interest. Not a single one. Im not lying.

Churches here are nearly empty and there are only old people. Finland has the lowest church attendance rate in Europe. I always felt like I was the youngest person. I only remember a time when I talked with a guy younger than me. He was 26. We were first talking about religious stuff but somehow the topic of relationships appeared and he told me he was single too and never had a relationship with a girl. He had the same problems than me. He couldnt find a good Christian girl to start a relationship with. I also heard several guys in their thirties, forties and fifties with similar complaints. It seems singledom is pretty common among Christian and especially churchgoing guys here. Maybe the most affected demography in this aspect. Theres an huge shortage of Christian girls in Finland. Living as a devout Christian guy is worse than living as a disabled guy in Finland.

Another point is the rampant levels of sexual immorality here. Girls and boys losing virginity at 12 and girls having abortions at 14. Adultery destroying even the most religious and stable marriages. Heres the example of my uncle who has had a very happy marriage with four children for almost 25 years. Until he found out his wife had been cheating on him for years with a Somali guy she met in a dating site. She then accused falsely my uncle of going to nightclubs and soon they started to fight all the time, sometimes with violence. She even tried to kidnap the children, and one of the daughters attempted suicide. Now they are divorced and the lives of my uncle and my cousins ruined. This happened already long ago so it must be even worse today. My college was a literal brothel. Everyone sleeping with everyone. Really disgusting. I remember once entering toilet and suddenly noticing heavy breaths and movements coming from the other side of the room. I felt so embarassed. The noise clearly sounded like sex and stopped when I started to pee. I spent the rest of day thinking in what I heard in toilet. I remained silent about it and never told anything to anyone because I feared the guy would take revenge against me. Apparently the girl had a boyfriend judging by the voice I heard, but the guys voice was different from her boyfriends voice, so I caught her cheating ! Insane. But nothing strange as a survey named Finland as the most promiscuous country in the world. Yes, number 1 ! And worse, it seems the girls are even more so than the guys. In college I heard more guys complaining about their girlfriends infidelity than the reverse. What do you expect with Netflix series literally telling – im not lying – literally telling girls to cheat and have sex with all the classroom ? “Sleep with everyone, boys girls xyz, cheat on your husband or boyfriend, he deserves it, otherwise you are a sober prudish fascist puritan who fears her own body” This is the message girls get from TV and social media all the time. And worst of all, theres no strong church or norms capable of fighting this degeneracy. Just sewage.

While theres not much I can do, I really wish to make my dream a reality. But I know its highly unlikely. I sometimes think I need some Christian help and advice because I find myself sometimes doubting my own faith. Its hard for me to accept this but, my mental health is not very good. Or maybe just my way of being, who knows. But I need help. I just cant with this, I cant. I cant with this anymore. Please help. Help. Thank you. Kauko.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I sometimes feel like there are none. Religion is a thing of the elderly here. Its impossible to find a young girl of God here. Its impossible. Finland is one of the worlds most secularized countries and it only seems to be getting worse. Its hopeless. I will very probably die alone and depressed. But I really wish to have a good lovable wife. Im so full of passion. But I will have to accept this will likely stay a dream forever.

I have searched hard everywhere since college. A good couple of years. But never found ONE girl of my interest. Not a single one. Im not lying.

Churches here are nearly empty and there are only old people. Finland has the lowest church attendance rate in Europe. I always felt like I was the youngest person. I only remember a time when I talked with a guy younger than me. He was 26. We were first talking about religious stuff but somehow the topic of relationships appeared and he told me he was single too and never had a relationship with a girl. He had the same problems than me. He couldnt find a good Christian girl to start a relationship with. I also heard several guys in their thirties, forties and fifties with similar complaints. It seems singledom is pretty common among Christian and especially churchgoing guys here. Maybe the most affected demography in this aspect. Theres an huge shortage of Christian girls in Finland. Living as a devout Christian guy is worse than living as a disabled guy in Finland.

Another point is the rampant levels of sexual immorality here. Girls and boys losing virginity at 12 and girls having abortions at 14. Adultery destroying even the most religious and stable marriages. Heres the example of my uncle who has had a very happy marriage with four children for almost 25 years. Until he found out his wife had been cheating on him for years with a Somali guy she met in a dating site. She then accused falsely my uncle of going to nightclubs and soon they started to fight all the time, sometimes with violence. She even tried to kidnap the children, and one of the daughters attempted suicide. Now they are divorced and the lives of my uncle and my cousins ruined. This happened already long ago so it must be even worse today. My college was a literal brothel. Everyone sleeping with everyone. Really disgusting. I remember once entering toilet and suddenly noticing heavy breaths and movements coming from the other side of the room. I felt so embarassed. The noise clearly sounded like sex and stopped when I started to pee. I spent the rest of day thinking in what I heard in toilet. I remained silent about it and never told anything to anyone because I feared the guy would take revenge against me. Apparently the girl had a boyfriend judging by the voice I heard, but the guys voice was different from her boyfriends voice, so I caught her cheating ! Insane. But nothing strange as a survey named Finland as the most promiscuous country in the world. Yes, number 1 ! And worse, it seems the girls are even more so than the guys. In college I heard more guys complaining about their girlfriends infidelity than the reverse. What do you expect with Netflix series literally telling – im not lying – literally telling girls to cheat and have sex with all the classroom ? “Sleep with everyone, boys girls xyz, cheat on your husband or boyfriend, he deserves it, otherwise you are a sober prudish fascist puritan who fears her own body” This is the message girls get from TV and social media all the time. And worst of all, theres no strong church or norms capable of fighting this degeneracy. Just sewage.

While theres not much I can do, I really wish to make my dream a reality. But I know its highly unlikely. I sometimes think I need some Christian help and advice because I find myself sometimes doubting my own faith. Its hard for me to accept this but, my mental health is not very good. Or maybe just my way of being, who knows. But I need help. I just cant with this, I cant. I cant with this anymore. Please help. Help. Thank you. Kauko.

It's a cultural, religious, and economic collapse. That's how I see it anyways. Marriage is for rich people, not for the average folk, another opinion of mine. I think both men and woman are exhausted generally and marriage will only bring about more problems, financial, and emotional strain.

Marriage is a privilege, not a right of passage, or coming to age. You want to see your luck with woman drastically change, become amazingly rich, or just financially independent, and watch your luck change.

I think a good rule to live by is, make sure that the person you are seeing is in the same financial class as you are. If you marry a woman that is far less wealthy, than you are, then you are putting yourself in a huge risk, if there is a divorce.

My honest opinion, find a woman that is far more wealthy than you are, that is really the only insurance you have, for not going to the cleaners at divorce. I say, flip the mechanics, to test true love.

The views expressed here are just my opinion, and there may be exceptions to the rule. If woman aren't interested in you, it's most likely that you just aren't super attractive, or financially beneficial to them. If you want to marry though, that is your choice entirely. Ask around and see, if what I say, is true or not.

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Best of luck. Keep praying to the Lord. But remember that marriage causes more problems than it solves.

T

TheIndianGirl

The Finns (as well as other Europeans in general) are generally very comfortable with nudity. This in itself is quite contrary to Christianity, which values modesty. I think the European attitude toward nudity explains in part why they might also be very open in their sexuality. It goes back to culture.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

The issue here is on what you place focus on. The more you emphasize marriage the more miserable you're making Yourself. Marriage is not promised, yet many people seem to expect it, as if it's owed to them. Not the case.
Or if it does happen it may not happen on your time. I have a cousin who was nearly 60 before he got married. He wanted to be married earlier, but it didn't happen.
I'm 45, never married.

It seems common that people tend to view marriage as a fix to their lives, but that's not always true. Marriage is intended to be a place where two people sacrifice themselves for the other, but since so few understand that few people go into marriage with the right attitude. And going by the mindset you're expressing I'm guessing your attitude isn't "a chance to sacrifice for another", but rather one of getting your own needs and wants met. So that's setting up for failure.

All in all I'd suggest reevaluating your intentions on marriage as well as the emphasis you place on it. Utilize the advantages being single have to offer. And if, one day, you do ever marry, hopefully by then you'll be in a better place to appreciate marriage for what it is and not what you expect it to be.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
But remember that marriage causes more problems than it solves.
This is relative. The problems are created by the spouses, not marriage itself. This is why its important to be sure about it. And to marry someone you can really trust, not just because she or he is attractive. This is what I was saying in my first post.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What's wrong with being single? Single is not something broken that needs to be fixed. Why is it so imperative to find a spouse?

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
The issue here is on what you place focus on. The more you emphasize marriage the more miserable you're making Yourself. Marriage is not promised, yet many people seem to expect it, as if it's owed to them. Not the case.
Or if it does happen it may not happen on your time. I have a cousin who was nearly 60 before he got married. He wanted to be married earlier, but it didn't happen.
I'm 45, never married.

It seems common that people tend to view marriage as a fix to their lives, but that's not always true. Marriage is intended to be a place where two people sacrifice themselves for the other, but since so few understand that few people go into marriage with the right attitude. And going by the mindset you're expressing I'm guessing your attitude isn't "a chance to sacrifice for another", but rather one of getting your own needs and wants met. So that's setting up for failure.

All in all I'd suggest reevaluating your intentions on marriage as well as the emphasis you place on it. Utilize the advantages being single have to offer. And if, one day, you do ever marry, hopefully by then you'll be in a better place to appreciate marriage for what it is and not what you expect it to be.
Let's get real. Singledom is also hard. Probably harder even than marriage. Life is hard by default. Most of the problems married people may have may also appear when single. Have you read the Genesis ? Why did God create the woman ? He did it in order to give the man a helper. Yes, I know marriage is hard. But this is not the point. The point is LIFE is hard regardless of marital status. I never said I wanted marriage to get my own needs and wants met. Otherwise quote it from my post. Its mainly the desire to have someone I can trust with my heart by my side. But I want her to be a suitable girl for this. So yes, I'm going to be patient.

I forgot to say, not being married is not exactly the thing annoying me the most. Its one of my goals, but I know marriage is not a simple decision. Im annoyed because I dont have a girlfriend, for courtship. My mind is not like "I want to get married now now now" but rather "I want a Christian girlfriend now now now". What Im seeking now is spending and enjoying time with a girl of my type. I seek courtship now. Marriage is a long-term goal. But what I really want right now is courtship. Once I get a good chance for a lifetime union, we will start to consider marriage. Marriage always requires courtship. This is why I want so much the later. Without courtship, my chances of marrying in the future will be zero. So I want to be able atleast to have hope in something, to have a positive mind. Im so tired of being completely alone and marginalized. I have nobody other than my family. I really want one person outside my family, just ONE. And I want a female because I want more than a friendship. I want a deep connection. I want to kill boredom. Boredom. This is one of the problems singles struggle with the most. Boredom is far more common in singles than in married people. Because with a wife and children in need of constant attention, one will simply not have time to lie hours in the bed or sofa alone thinking in "what can I do ?". Every day is different. Today wife wants a date. Tomorrow son has an exam. There are more variables than "me". So this is what I want. I want another variable in my life !

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
The Finns (as well as other Europeans in general) are generally very comfortable with nudity. This in itself is quite contrary to Christianity, which values modesty. I think the European attitude toward nudity explains in part why they might also be very open in their sexuality. It goes back to culture.
I dont think its the same exactly in every country. For example, Finland must be different from say Bulgaria. Atleast in a certain way. Just like the US states are not all the same. California is not Texas. The same happens in Europe.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Well logically if there are no Christian girls in Finland and you want to find a Christian girl then you will have to look outside of Finland. And it's not just Finland but many places in the world where young people are losing faith in many of the structures that used to hold society together including religion.

Many of us feel or have felt your pain since having a commitment to dating only other Christians greatly narrows the dating pool, but when you see and hear all the crap that people get themselves into dating without God, well you usually end up greatful that God has given you the wisdom to stay out of any more bad relationships.

And I think that can be the slogan for many of us: Better single than in a bad relationship.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
Well logically if there are no Christian girls in Finland and you want to find a Christian girl then you will have to look outside of Finland. And it's not just Finland but many places in the world where young people are losing faith in many of the structures that used to hold society together including religion.
But in Finland it is worse than in other countries. I once heard Finland had the widest age gap on religiosity out of all European countries. Finland has the lowest church attendance rate in the continent as well. France and UK doubles our attendance rate and Germany nearly triplies it. Even Norways rate is higher. There are no countries where it is harder to find a Christian girl than Finland. Well, except for maybe Saudi Arabia and such kind of places. But excluding the non-Christian world, very probably.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Dude! Why do you keep arguing with people? Just because they say something you don't want to hear does not automatically make them wrong.

Subhumanoidal and cinder particularly are on point, and particularly you have argued with. You really should listen to them. They are more right than you can imagine.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
Dude! Why do you keep arguing with people? Just because they say something you don't want to hear does not automatically make them wrong.

Subhumanoidal and cinder particularly are on point, and particularly you have argued with. You really should listen to them. They are more right than you can imagine.
And what then ? What then ? What I do with my life then ?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
But in Finland it is worse than in other countries. I once heard Finland had the widest age gap on religiosity out of all European countries. Finland has the lowest church attendance rate in the continent as well. France and UK doubles our attendance rate and Germany nearly triplies it. Even Norways rate is higher. There are no countries where it is harder to find a Christian girl than Finland. Well, except for maybe Saudi Arabia and such kind of places. But excluding the non-Christian world, very probably.
So do you want options? Do you just want to complain? Or is this one of those 95% of the time you're fine with it but this is one of those 5% moments when it's just really getting you down and you need to vent a bit?

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
So do you want options? Do you just want to complain? Or is this one of those 95% of the time you're fine with it but this is one of those 5% moments when it's just really getting you down and you need to vent a bit?
What option ? Searching outside ? Where ? There are so maaany places in the world and Im not willing to go to most of these.

Mar 4, 2020
It's a cultural, religious, and economic collapse. That's how I see it anyways. Marriage is for rich people, not for the average folk, another opinion of mine. I think both men and woman are exhausted generally and marriage will only bring about more problems, financial, and emotional strain.

Marriage is a privilege, not a right of passage, or coming to age. You want to see your luck with woman drastically change, become amazingly rich, or just financially independent, and watch your luck change.

I think a good rule to live by is, make sure that the person you are seeing is in the same financial class as you are. If you marry a woman that is far less wealthy, than you are, then you are putting yourself in a huge risk, if there is a divorce.

My honest opinion, find a woman that is far more wealthy than you are, that is really the only insurance you have, for not going to the cleaners at divorce. I say, flip the mechanics, to test true love.

The views expressed here are just my opinion, and there may be exceptions to the rule. If woman aren't interested in you, it's most likely that you just aren't super attractive, or financially beneficial to them. If you want to marry though, that is your choice entirely. Ask around and see, if what I say, is true or not.
I just so happen to know a single Christian woman in Finland. Seems to depend which part of Finland you live in as to whether or not there is anyone who wants to date. I don't think the church attendance situation is as dire as you say, but again that probably depends where in Finland you are.

Finland has it's own Bible Belt and they did have a drastic decrease in church attendance due to the covid-19 pandemic, but I think the situation is returning to normal pre-pandemic status.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
What option ? Searching outside ? Where ? There are so maaany places in the world and Im not willing to go to most of these.
Then there are so many Christian young women in the world that you're not willing to do what it takes to meet. But you make it sound like your options would be much better in France or Germany (or maybe even the US). It's not like anyone is asking you to move to Zimbabwe or Siberia to find a Christian girl, you can theoretically find some in near cultures (yeah you'll still have some cross cultural issues). Not that living cross culturally is easy, but there's quite a few people who do it and it can certainly bring you into contact with some people you wouldn't otherwise meet.

But two facts to come to terms with: it's not easy to find a Chrsitian girl to marry anywhere, even in so called Chrsitian countries. It might be easier in other countries, but that might be easier like lifting 200 kilos is easier than lifting 200,000 kilos . Your life isn't over just because you can't marry a Finnish girl or even if you never get married at all. You never know you aren't going to marrry even though you want to. At least you can't know that for sure until you're dead. But it would be a shame and a tragedy to spend your whole life pining away over not being married instead of living your life doing something that you enjoy and pursuing your goals.

And for what its worth, for most of us it does get better as we get used to living the single life and find our groove in it. There are still difficulties and challenges unique to singles, but you get used to them and better able to navigate them with experience.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
I just so happen to know a single Christian woman in Finland. Seems to depend which part of Finland you live in as to whether or not there is anyone who wants to date. I don't think the church attendance situation is as dire as you say, but again that probably depends where in Finland you are.

Finland has it's own Bible Belt and they did have a drastic decrease in church attendance due to the covid-19 pandemic, but I think the situation is returning to normal pre-pandemic status.
Surprising. Im a native Finnish and never knew any. I believe you but its strange. How old she is ? Where does she live ? How did you knew her ? Not because I want to date her or anything. I dont want to date online.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
The proportion of churchgoing Christians in Finland overall is 9%. Quite low even for an European country. In France its 18%.

Mar 4, 2020
Surprising. Im a native Finnish and never knew any. I believe you but its strange. How old she is ? Where does she live ? How did you knew her ? Not because I want to date her or anything. I dont want to date online.
I randomly met her online somewhere. I sometimes preach the gospel of Christ on secular message boards or chat rooms if they will tolerate me.

Just a tip, people can tolerate a lot if they can relate to you, which is why our testimonies are important. You need to show your human side to people.

I'm 35 and she is 35. I didn't mean to give the impression I will help you know anything about her, but I just wanted you to know that there are single Christian girls in Finland. She has friends who are single and Christian. Get out there and start looking harder.