B
Blackpowderduelist
Guest
Preachers are too busy preaching a narrative and sprinkling it with scriptures that can be shoehorned into the narrative, rather than exegetically expounding upon what is written.
That He is Lord, God, and Savior and is able to save to the uttermost those who come to Him by faith (Heb 7:25). Furthermore, that He died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and rose again for our justification according to the Scriptures.
The entire bible is about the redemption offered through Jesus Christ. Everything we preach from scripture has that as the basis and background, the plot and story.When I was growing up this was the most commonly believed and shared verse by Christians.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
John 3:16
as I’m getting older , I recently began to search the scriptures from a desire to understand many questions that flood my heart regarding the lord Jesus Christ , my hero and savior .
So I’ve studied a lot began to make time to learn from scripture thinking it would help me understand and it is helping for sure I enjoy studying and everything but it seems like the simplicity of the message that God has made this promise the central theme of his word
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
there can be no better news to a person who is aware of thier state , that death is always approaching and no one can escape it .
To hear and believe Gods promise about never facing death , about being alive even after we die , about never coming into condemnation if we believe .
eternal life really is the good news we can live even though we understand our body has to die because it’s part of the earth , the living part of us our spirit can live with the lord
“ For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him “
it’s good news in the simplest of faith , maybe it isn’t about so
Much how much you grasp , but that you believe the things you do grasp
God bless
It is the believing that saves. Kindly read the 4th and 10th chapters of Romans. Genuine faith does lead to obedience as in the case of both Noah and Abraham. But it is the believing that saves. "BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31)
The entire bible is about the redemption offered through Jesus Christ. Everything we preach from scripture has that as the basis and background, the plot and story.
From the rock that followed them to the water that flowed from His side on the Cross.
From that rock that Moses stood on when the Glory of the Lord was shown him (Grace and Truth declared) to Moses looking full in the transfigured face of Jesus on the mount (full of Grace and Truth) Moses saw the glory of God as he had requested in the face of Jesus Christ.
All our preaching should be about Jesus and His redemption.
It is the believing that saves. Kindly read the 4th and 10th chapters of Romans. Genuine faith does lead to obedience as in the case of both Noah and Abraham. But it is the believing that saves. "BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31)
It is the believing that saves. Kindly read the 4th and 10th chapters of Romans. Genuine faith does lead to obedience as in the case of both Noah and Abraham. But it is the believing that saves. "BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31)
Do you believe what Paul says to the Church ?we should preach what Jesus said to preach the gospel of the kingdom and then whoever believes will be saved
that of course includes remission of sins through his death but it includes also repentance brother
this is what a general summary would sound like
“Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them,
Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.”
Luke 24:45-48
redemption is a great word ,hearing and believing the gospel is the means by which a person is redeemed it will be the same doctrine until the end that Jesus taught his followers
“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Matthew 28:18-20 KJV
The gospel is the thing that saves to believe what we hear and not reject it
Didn't Jesus die for the sins of the world ( bought the whole field) ?you mean eternal Life is the treasure hidden that one needs to believe ? And if they do what mortal wouldn’t commit ?
Didn't Jesus die for the sins of the world ( bought the whole field) ?
Preachers are too busy preaching a narrative and sprinkling it with scriptures that can be shoehorned into the narrative, rather than exegetically expounding upon what is written.
Which commandments is mentioned by Paul to the Church in order to recieve the Holy Spirit ,please?Yes.....requiring compliance to God's commandments .......to be a benefactor....individually.
You have to watch out for me, if I don't have a word, I'll make one up. Lol.I respect and enjoy a good array of word usage in a vocabulary....this one....exegetically ....caused me to visit the dictionary....for critical review. LOL.
An excellent point...well made.
I fear their eye on the money potential causes interference.
Which verse by Paul says in order to recieve the Holy Spirit you need to keep the commandments?That should be accompanied with....if we believe we will maintain God's commandments ...until the end.
There are many..we see it here...who believe that John 3:16 provides automatic salvation with out follow through.
That won't work.
Where does it say ' water ' baptised in Mark 16 ?
Yep I agree but you have to believe the truth and not reject it is the thing
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
Mark 16:15-16 KJV
Jesus said that , if you now explain to me “ believing is enough baptism doesn’t matter either way it’s faith that saves “
I would say belief saves not avoidance .
what I’m meaning to say and why I’m using this example is because you are making the “chicken or the egg “ argument .
Noah believed what God said . What Gid said was “ there’s a flood coming Noah , build an ark like I tell you and I will save you and yours and make a new covenant with you “
Noah believed that you are right !!!! But he didn’t then say “woo hoo I believe there’s a flood coming , and if I did build the ark I’d be saved , but I’m not actually supposed to build the ark “
to believe doesn’t eliminate our part of doing what he says brother , if we believe in Jesus it’s the opposite the more you believe the more your going to apply it because Jesus tells us that we need to apply it as we learn
“Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”
James 1:21-22 KJV
if we believe the ideas these types of scripture are teaching us , we’ll begin to have a better foresight . One needs to first believe that we need to repent , then repentance will come , we believe because that’s what it says
one needs to believe first what God said in the everlasting gospel and the rest will come because in the gospel we’re taught the doctrine of God without dispute.
and dared by the lord to apply it
“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.”
John 7:16-17
belief is enough but it’s about believing the truth of Jesus Christ
his doctrine teaches us a lot we need to change in our lives , and that we’re going to be alright in the end if we oress
On in faith and endure in his word
believing leads somewhere
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
John 5:24 KJV
have to hear the truth to believe the truth
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.”
John 14:6-7 KJV
“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
John 18:37 KJV
I agree faith in Christ is enough I disagree that stands apart from the gospel and what he said . It’s life to believe the gospel he taught and said believe and be saved .
we have to apply the gospel to our own minds and hearts and let Gkd work in us to bring real change
Which commandments is mentioned by Paul to the Church in order to recieve the Holy Spirit ,please?
Which verse by Paul says in order to recieve the Holy Spirit you need to keep the commandments?
Your disobeying God by not following Paul . Thus your outside the will of God .Paul is one thing and God's commandments is quite another.
I will follow God's.
in order to recieve the Holy Spirit? Which verse please?God's commandments...righteousness....required.