ARE WE THERE YET? 666

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
ARE WE THERE YET? 666
No we're not.

Until such prophecies as Matt 24v15 (with Dan 11v31), 2Thess 2v3,4 are fulfilled there is no point in speculating who he is.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
So you realize then that the Jews revolted and refused to worship Nero and minted their own money and not Romes? If so then they(Jews in the siege) did not fulfill Revelation 13 by receiving his mark to buy and sell with nor worship his image.
The Zealots were against Roman Occupation of Judea. Whether they minted their own money or not is irrelevant. The revolt actually started in Galilee around the mid forties under Caligula and involved many years of sporadic attacks on Roman Troops. The war ended in 73AD with the mass suicide of the Zealots at Masada. Revelation was not written to the Church in Jerusalem which was then led by Jews some of which were Christs relatives. One of the reasons for the schism and animosity between Jews and Christians was that the Christians fled Jerusalem and would not recognise the Zealots in control of the city

L

Locoponydirtman

No, but they were being led and inspired to write of what was coming.....even Daniel did not fully comprehend what he was being inspired to pen and or seeing in visions.....
I disagree, and here is why. The "wise men" from Persia were likely taught the teachings of Daniel and knew exactly what they were looking for and found Jesus. We are the ones with only a shadow of understanding because we are looking back so many years to what they wrote. They knew exactly what they were saying and writing. We have language barrier and a time/culture barrier. Thank God for the Holy Spirit who brings understanding.

L

Locoponydirtman

Me either...That's why I said it would apply possibly to the ones after the invention of tv(many do only know what was on tv of the subject or from somebody talking about it). Those from the first century onward up until the invention of radio,tv ect. would not have had a clue about rfid,cryptocurrency ect.
Or maybe without the mark, you will not be able to have a job or even go in to public thus by default you can't buy or sell. No crypto currency required.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
The Zealots were against Roman Occupation of Judea. Whether they minted their own money or not is irrelevant. The revolt actually started in Galilee around the mid forties under Caligula and involved many years of sporadic attacks on Roman Troops. The war ended in 73AD with the mass suicide of the Zealots at Masada. Revelation was not written to the Church in Jerusalem which was then led by Jews some of which were Christs relatives. One of the reasons for the schism and animosity between Jews and Christians was that the Christians fled Jerusalem and would not recognise the Zealots in control of the city

In a thread about the mark(666) which would narrow the scriptures pertaining to it to Revelation chapter 13 either one of the two things can be true. Either the mark was manifested back then during the first revolt or it is to be manifest at a future date.

The Jews refused to use Romes money and minted their own because it had images of Romes pagan gods on them. If they refused to worship Nero as God and revolted and did not use his(the beast) money to buy and sell then they did not worship the beast or receive his mark as described in Revelation 13. In wars 2 by Josephus he records that they refused to worship Caesar or Rome(impiety to him) http://penelope.uchicago.edu/josephus/war-2.html

The Jews did not used the beast(Nero,Rome) money https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Jewish_Revolt_coinage
So it is apparent that the Jews during or before the first Jewish revolt did not fulfill Revelation 13 by worshiping the beast or buying and selling with it's money.

The Christians at the same time were being told by Paul, Romans 13:1-7 and by Peter, 1Peter 2:13-14 to honor the authority over them as ordained by God. If the beast had come as in Revelation 13 describes at that time then the apostles would be advising the Christians to use the mark(money) of the beast to pay tribute/dues (Romans 13:7) which would mean the things written in Revelation would be then poured out on them,Revelation 14:9-10. So they did not receive the mark or worship the image ect. at that time.

Rome and the Roman citizens are the only others left in that time frame and it is apparent that they won the war(Jewish revolt(s),) and continued onward into history for several hundred more years and then that kingdom was divided and wee not destroyed by our Lords coming as Scripture states would/will take place.

So Jews,Christians, and Romans are all three accounted for before. during and shortly after the time frame being reffered to and none of them can be found fulfilling Revelation 13 or the other Scriptures referring to 666.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Or maybe without the mark, you will not be able to have a job or even go in to public thus by default you can't buy or sell. No crypto currency required.
It I think would have to be a type of finance that could be used in the US as well as Russia,China or even nations in remote areas. It would need to be a currency capable of being converted from one nations value to another.

Mar 28, 2016
Malachi 3:6 (NRSV)
6 For I the LORD do not change;
therefore you, O children of Jacob, have not perished.

Genesis 45:7 (CSBBible)
7 God sent me ahead of you to establish you as a remnant within the land and to keep you alive by a great deliverance.

2 Kings 19:30-31 (ASV)
30 And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall again take root downward, and bear fruit upward.
31 For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and out of mount Zion they that shall escape: the zeal of Jehovah shall perform this.

Isaiah 10:20-22 (HCSB)
20 On that day the remnant of Israel and the survivors of the house of Jacob will no longer depend on the one who struck them, but they will faithfully depend on the LORD, the Holy One of Israel.
21 The remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God.
22 Israel, even if your people were as numerous as the sand of the sea, ⌊only⌋ a remnant of them will return. Destruction has been decreed; justice overflows.

Zechariah 8:12 (HCSB)
12 “For they will sow in peace: the vine will yield its fruit, the land will yield its produce, and the skies will yield their dew. I will give the remnant of this people all these things as an inheritance.

Psalm 103:9 (HCSB)
9 He will not always accuse ⌊us⌋ or be angry forever.

Jeremiah 3:12 (ESV)
12 Go, and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, “‘Return, faithless Israel, declares the LORD. I will not look on you in anger, for I am merciful, declares the LORD; I will not be angry forever.

Micah 7:18 (NIV)
18 Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.

GOD IS NOT FINISHED WITH ISRAEL!
The remnant of Israel is not all Israel. They would be the born again ones of Israel, as inward Jews.

Not finished doing what having the gospel presented to them?

Outward Israel having been used as a parable for the time then present fulfilled the need for God to use them as a metaphor or shadow as a way of preaching the gospel beforehand until the time of reformation .We walk by faith the unseen. They are no different than any pagan nation today that does not have the Spirit of Christ dwelling in them .

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Flesh gives birth to flesh .the Spirit of Christ gives birth to our new spirit that could never die. it will be raised on the last day.

When the time of reformation came, the government of God was restored to the time period of Judges when their was no outward representation of our King in heaven not seen . when God gave Isreal over to that which they should not of it was for a temporal time.

The Israel that he renamed Christian in Acts are the residents of the city of Christ prepared as His bride the church .She named Christian is made up of Jew and gentile. God placing no difference between them purifying the hearts of both according to His work of faith or labor of love.

The church is the remnant of his inheritance.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Something I also should add is that if the MoS has then rose and his image then that mark/money would then need be capable of being equal to the half shekel in that it would be needed to pay the temple tithes and the MoS sitting in the temple ruling the world would mean the world would be ruled by a type of theocracy.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Yep, it make me wonder about them building another Temple and the new half shekel they decided to pay the Temple tax with,lol http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/242249
Tis not "by accident", this was done. Referring to the link ya posted up. It should bring to "remembrance" in "that certain historian" in a "believer's" mind, of a similar time. When, even Pagan Kings, who didn't worship as Israel worshipped? At least RESPECTED the AUTHORITY of the "God of the Iraelites!" Whether it be by "troubling dreams", or even, such as in Pilate's case? The "influence" of his wife! :)

This should give "joy and gladness", in seeing such things, in the heart of a true believer!

As God "cycles through" (again) this "rise and fall" of civilizations, over the course of this earth/heaven age. ;)

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Tis not "by accident", this was done. Referring to the link ya posted up. It should bring to "remembrance" in "that certain historian" in a "believer's" mind, of a similar time. When, even Pagan Kings, who didn't worship as Israel worshipped? At least RESPECTED the AUTHORITY of the "God of the Iraelites!" Whether it be by "troubling dreams", or even, such as in Pilate's case? The "influence" of his wife! :)

This should give "joy and gladness", in seeing such things, in the heart of a true believer!

As God "cycles through" (again) this "rise and fall" of civilizations, over the course of this earth/heaven age. ;)

lol, Instead of re-posting the links here I will refer to the ones in post #185. Why is that it cant be a half shekel tithe payment if it has either of the two mens image on it so I'm not sure what they are thinking (Pagan images on the half shekel,lol)

Mar 28, 2016
About the 144 000 ^

Has anyone noticed ONE TRIBE is NOT mentioned? The tribe of DAN.

The number metaphor 1444,000 respects the chaste virgin bride of Christ the church .She is pictured in a parable found in Revelation 12. She is clothed with the righteousness of Christ. With the Sun and the moon the two temporal time keeper under feet .Its the end of time.

The tribe of Dan with tribes used to represent gates is missing from the decibtion of the wife of Christ in that parable .Just as in the same way for the same purpose Judas is missing in the description of the same bride using the word apostles to make up the whole body of Christ, Both old testament a saints as gates and new testament saints as walls represented by 1444,000.

Falling back or backward is a metaphor representing those under the judgement of God . Bit by a serpent means they are being deceived by the father of lies bringing the poison of false prophecy

Genesis 49:17 Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

John 18:5-7 King James Version (KJV)They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The coins Jesus had a picture of the head of Caesar on it, he told people to give what is Gods to God and what is caesar's to Caesar.

Mar 28, 2016
It I think would have to be a type of finance that could be used in the US as well as Russia,China or even nations in remote areas. It would need to be a currency capable of being converted from one nations value to another.
We walk by faith according to the prescription then we can find the mysteries hid in the parables.. . There is no sign as a wonder prophesied that informs us that men will not be eating and drinking when Christ does come on the last day or some idea involving a electronic devise. John knew what the 666 represented it was not a mystery revealed two thousand years later by the advancement of technology.

Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

The mark is not a literal mark or a electronic chip as if we did walk by sight. .

Unlike Cain who killed his brother Abel as the first recorded Martyr or like Esaua who also saw no value in the unseen things of God they would both be considered marked men (666)

We are to buy the truth of the gospel and not sell it for a cup of soup or a tattoo or some electronic devise.

Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
As the book of Revelation was written circa 95 AD, those of you who then say the number of the beast represents Nero who died in 68 AD; would mean Revelation chapter 13 is a historical recount of events circa some 30 years earlier, and not a book of prophesy.
However, as the Lord in Revelation 4:1 calls John up to heaven to show him things which must then be hereafter, indicating chapters 4 through 22 as future prophesy, Nero Claudius Caesar can then not represent the beast in Revelation 13.
To yet claim otherwise, denies the Word in Revelation 4:1.

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
The coins Jesus had a picture of the head of Caesar on it, he told people to give what is Gods to God and what is caesar's to Caesar.

The tyrian shekel had the bust of Melqarth Herkales and an eagle on the back I think which is worst actually. In the times of captivity or being ruled by another nation they were not aloud to mint their own money so there was no choice or option. Israel today is not ruled by any other nation and so the choice to not heed to Deuteronomy 4:16-18 or 5:8 is by their own choice and they made the choice to disregard this and choose to place these images on them,,,

Dec 12, 2013
I disagree, and here is why. The "wise men" from Persia were likely taught the teachings of Daniel and knew exactly what they were looking for and found Jesus. We are the ones with only a shadow of understanding because we are looking back so many years to what they wrote. They knew exactly what they were saying and writing. We have language barrier and a time/culture barrier. Thank God for the Holy Spirit who brings understanding.
Take it up with God.......you disagree with the bible and not me....

Daniel 12:8 As for me, I heard but could not understand; so I said, "My lord, what will be the outcome of these events?"

dcontroversal said:
No, but they were being led and inspired to write of what was coming.....even Daniel did not fully comprehend what he was being inspired to pen and or seeing in visions.....

L

Locoponydirtman

Take it up with God.......you disagree with the bible and not me....

Daniel 12:8 As for me, I heard but could not understand; so I said, "My lord, what will be the outcome of these events?"

dcontroversal said:
He clarifies what he did not understand with the qualifier , " what will be the outcome of these events?"
He didn't understand what the out come was going to be. Thus the question. He knew what he was seeing and hearing but wanted to know why the events were going to happen. Context matters. Then God explains his purpose to him that;
Many will be purged, purified and refined, but the wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.
Daniel 12:10 NASB.

Dec 12, 2013
He clarifies what he did not understand with the qualifier , " what will be the outcome of these events?"
He didn't understand what the out come was going to be. Thus the question. He knew what he was seeing and hearing but wanted to know why the events were going to happen. Context matters. Then God explains his purpose to him that;
Many will be purged, purified and refined, but the wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.
Daniel 12:10 NASB.
What I said was correct and you argued....this is not the only place where it is indicated that Daniel did not understand..IF he understood it would not have to be EXPLAINED to HIM........

Then I, Daniel, was exhausted and sick for days. Then I got up again and carried on the king’s business; but I was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it

And it came about when I, Daniel, had seen the vision, that I sought to understand it; and behold, standing before me was one who looked like a man. 16 And I heard the voice of a man between the banks of Ulai, and he called out and said, “Gabriel, give this man an understanding of the vision.”

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
What I said was correct and you argued....this is not the only place where it is indicated that Daniel did not understand..IF he understood it would not have to be EXPLAINED to HIM........

Then I, Daniel, was exhausted and sick for days. Then I got up again and carried on the king’s business; but I was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it

And it came about when I, Daniel, had seen the vision, that I sought to understand it; and behold, standing before me was one who looked like a man. 16 And I heard the voice of a man between the banks of Ulai, and he called out and said, “Gabriel, give this man an understanding of the vision.”
I will quote my homie Deontay Wilder: "Whats clearly understood dont need to be explained"