Are WOMEN Pastors Biblical??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scribe

(With All Respect, In Love)

No need to read a paper on a man's opinion, it's before your eyes, 6th grade reading comprehension (Max) :giggle:

Gods Words Are Very Clear On A Womans Role In The Church, And They Aren't Changing Anytime Soon.

Silence, Subjection, Obedience

1 Timothy 2:11-14KJV
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

1 Corinthians 14:33-35KJV
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

The Acts Of Apostasy Have Been Foretold

2 Timothy 4:3-4KJV
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Timothy 3:-3-5KJV
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Douglas J. Moo's Article, "I Timothy 2:12-15; Meaning and Significance
https://womeninthechurch.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Moo on 1 Timothy 2 vv 11-15.pdf

Philip B. Payne Libertarian Women in Ephesus: A Response to Douglas J. Moo's Article, "I Timothy 2:12-15; Meaning and Significance
https://womeninthechurch.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Philip Payne Libertarian Women.PDF

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
https://womeninthechurch.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Moo on 1 Timothy 2 vv 11-15.pdf

Philip B. Payne Libertarian Women in Ephesus: A Response to Douglas J. Moo's Article, "I Timothy 2:12-15; Meaning and Significance
https://womeninthechurch.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Philip Payne Libertarian Women.PDF
Douglass J Moo, chairman of the NIV translation committee, Leftist Environmental Theology?

Please :ROFL:

Gods words are plain, clear, and very easy to understand

No need to read a paper on a man's opinion, it's before your eyes, 6th grade reading comprehension (Max) :giggle:

Gods Words Are Very Clear On A Womans Role In The Church, And They Aren't Changing Anytime Soon.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

S

Scribe

Acts 2:17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

S

Scribe

Douglass J Moo, chairman of the NIV translation committee, Leftist Environmental Theology?

Gods words are plain, clear, and very easy to understand.
17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Acts 2:17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

Nice, however a woman isnt gonna prophesy in the church, this being out of order, and I have seen many church services out of order.

The very clear example why Paul focused on church order, and women to keep silent

S

Scribe

Gods words are plain, clear, and very easy to understand.

Women were included in the group that was to wait for the empowered to fulfill the great commission in the gifts of Teaching all nations. Women were specifically pointed out by Peter as being empowered with the SPEAKING gifts of prophecy. The Holy Spirit made sure that Peter pointed out the women. Therefore it is impossible to exclude women from obeying the call to fulfill the Great Commission with the power of the Holy Spirit in speaking gifts, whether it tongues, prophesy, words of knowledge, worlds of wisdom, and all forms of teaching and preaching. And they will do so and they have done so and they will do so until Jesus comes again.

Luke 24
47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48And ye are witnesses of these things. 49And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Acts 1
12Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey. 13And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room,

14These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus,

Acts 2
8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

God made his will known on the day of Pentecost. Paul never contradicted this.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If you are alive on this earth you are not..."saved"....If you have repented, been baptised and are living a righteous life according to God's commandments then you are ....born again.

We are not saved until God passes judgement on us and declares us to be saved.....it is appointed unto man once to die (physical death) and then the judgement.
I doubt Christ is happy with us when we say we are ...saved....because that precludes His right to judge us. Remember....ed...means permanent, history.

Do you think John is wrong then to say we may know we have eternal life as per 1 John 5:11-13?

Because if we can know we have eternal life, we can surely know we are saved.

And these verses?

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For in
Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set you free from the law of sin and death.

Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already
been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

If any man’s work which he has built upon it remains, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s
work is burned up, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as through fire.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Women were included in the group that was to wait for the empowered to fulfill the great commission in the gifts of Teaching all nations. Women were specifically pointed out by Peter as being empowered with the SPEAKING gifts of prophecy. The Holy Spirit made sure that Peter pointed out the women. Therefore it is impossible to exclude women from obeying the call to fulfill the Great Commission with the power of the Holy Spirit in speaking gifts, whether it tongues, prophesy, words of knowledge, worlds of wisdom, and all forms of teaching and preaching. And they will do so and they have done so and they will do so until Jesus comes again.

Luke 24
47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48And ye are witnesses of these things. 49And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Acts 1
12Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey. 13And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room,

14These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus,

Acts 2
8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And Paul Wrote Very Clearly, Women Are To Be Silent, Subjected, Obedient While In The Church.

Perhaps Paul Was Unaware Women Could Receive Gifts Of The Holy Spirit, Or Did He Write About Those Gifts Toooo? :giggle:

S

Scribe

Nice, however a woman isnt gonna prophesy in the church, this being out of order, and I have seen many church services out of order.
8And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him. 9And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

They prophesied in the upper room. That is the church.
They prophesied when they gathered in Philp's house, that is the church.

They prayed and prophesied in the church in Corinth or why else would Paul say...5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: in 1 Cor 11.

Of course women prophesied in the church and this is agreed upon by all scholars therefore to say that they did not lets everyone who is well read know that you are not. If you are able to make such and obvious mistake don't you think you might benefit by going deeper into all the verses on this topic?

Luke 24

Acts 1

Acts 2

S

Scribe

And Paul Wrote Very Clearly, Women Are To Be Silent, Subjected, Obedient While In The Church.

Perhaps Paul Was Unaware Women Could Receive Gifts Of The Holy Spirit, Or Did He Write About Those Gifts Toooo? :giggle:

Luke 24

Acts 1

Acts 2

S

Scribe

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
The Bible is correct....providing we stay born again until..."the end". Keep it in context.

Wow...your first comment above could not be more incorrect. The Bible says nothing near that conclusion.
You must believe in OSAS...while on earth.
I cannot see how these side discussions you and few others have now are On-Topic. The topic of this thread is: Are WOMEN Pastors Biblical??

Not that the things you and others discuss now are uninteresting, it's certainly an interesting and important topic (which is also discussed in a few own threads). But there is a disorder at these boards with almost every other thread derailing into off-topic. Would be nice with some more order.

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021

This has nothing to do with the role of the woman in the church, ore says thst the woman should be Pastor in a church.

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
If you are alive on this earth you are not..."saved"....If you have repented, been baptised and are living a righteous life according to God's commandments then you are ....born again.

We are not saved until God passes judgement on us and declares us to be saved.....it is appointed unto man once to die (physical death) and then the judgement.
I doubt Christ is happy with us when we say we are ...saved....because that precludes His right to judge us. Remember....ed...means permanent, history.
Are you saying that even if a person's Heart has been fully Circumcised by Christ . . . that person is not "saved?" Scripture tells us that the Circumcision of Christ is what makes us "complete" in Him. It's hard to imagine that a person who is "complete" in Christ, should not consider themselves saved.

Colossians 2:10-15 KJV - "And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it."

If we are saved, how then, could Paul ever teach about Confidence as it relates to our Salvation?

Romans 5:2 NLT - "Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory."

1 John 3:19 NLT - "Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God."

The Lord is not ashamed of His Children who live upright, blameless lives. And why would they be blameless? Because by turning to Christ, they have been removed from the Law . . . any and every worldly Law. They are free in Christ.

Jesus Christ is absolutely happy about those who are so strong and confident in what they believe about their Salvation, that they tell others about their Faith. A confident Christian is a True Christian.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com

The very clear example why Paul focused on church order, and women to keep silent

slong as they cover their hair they can preach and they can pray ... 1. Corinthians.

... what more can anyone wish for?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Judges 4:4 NIV - "Now Deborah, a prophet, the wife of Lappidoth, was leading Israel at that time."

This seems to potentially shut down the argument that women ought to be silent in Church, nor should women teach a grown man anything about the Gospel . . . Or the Truth. Imagine Deborah, a Prophetess, and the Leader of Israel, being told to cover her head and not to speak. How could this be?! A prophetess is to remain silent even though her voice is not her own, but the voice of the Spirit?

Certainly, I am a nobody, but I'd never tell Deborah to cover her head and to remain silent (anywhere).