Are you a conservative? Liberal? Libertarian? Something altogether different?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Viligant_Warrior
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Don't need a quiz to tell me what my beliefs are.........why would anyone?

I am a Christian, Independent, Conservationists...........My faith and my social/political beliefs all wrapped up in a nice tidy label.

Lol, I have seen people say they are conservationists on topics about conservative and liberal ideology. I perceive they actually mean to say they are conservatives. It just makes me laugh because a conservationist is an environmentalist. Which there's nothing wrong with that by the way.
 
I am, or strive to be:

Conservative in my theology, liberal in my giving, and liberaterian in my attitude toward things not clearly defined by Scripture.

Politically I am none of the above.
 
I don't know much about politics, but even less so about American politics. I know it's very different in Australia (for example: our Liberal party is more conservative than most other parties) and I know politics is important, but frankly I find the topic so very dull. More power to those who enjoy politics though.
 
Lol, I have seen people say they are conservationists on topics about conservative and liberal ideology. I perceive they actually mean to say they are conservatives. It just makes me laugh because a conservationist is an environmentalist. Which there's nothing wrong with that by the way.

Uh, yes, and no. Big difference between the Conservatives Manifesto and being a conservationist. just saying

In todays vernacular/connotation of environmentalist the idea is that they are far left wing tree huggers who place the value of a creatures life over the value of a human being. People who would rather protect the existence of a one eyed, left handed mosquito and allow people to lose their properties/lively hoods rather than lose the mosquitos.

A conservationists follows the guidelines set forth in Scripture about being good stewards of all of God's creations. Conservatives are not one in the same as conservationists............some may have the same ideas, but it is not a given.
 
Uh, yes, and no. Big difference between the Conservatives Manifesto and being a conservationist. just saying

In todays vernacular/connotation of environmentalist the idea is that they are far left wing tree huggers who place the value of a creatures life over the value of a human being. People who would rather protect the existence of a one eyed, left handed mosquito and allow people to lose their properties/lively hoods rather than lose the mosquitos.

A conservationists follows the guidelines set forth in Scripture about being good stewards of all of God's creations. Conservatives are not one in the same as conservationists............some may have the same ideas, but it is not a given.

Aye, environmentalism and conservationism is about being good stewards indeed. They are synonyms.

Conservationist | Define Conservationist at Dictionary.com
 
It's a US poll. Foreigners need not bother. Also it seems to be broken in Chrome.
 
Libertarian... But what is funny, I did not entirely agree with any of the questions, they were so blanket mass media answers that non of them would fit...

For instance, do you believe the constitution is a living document that can change over time.
Or, do you believe that the constitution is law, and laws don't change...

What kind of question is that?
Both are correct, both are wrong, but the only purpose is to either divide you as a "democrat", or "republican"...

I especially hated the Gay marriage one, for it did not even define the issue...
If gay marriage is said to be a civil right, then their right will overturn: Free Speech, peaceful assembly, protest, religion, and separation of church and state.
This is vastly different from skin color. A marriage is between a man and a woman, I can say this with 100% assurance since marriage came from God.
Skin color does not separate a person from their God given rights, if it did then Moses' children would not have been Jews or Hebrew, but God personally said otherwise.
 
Libertarian.

I was a little surprised because I am against some of their pet causes. Such as gay marriage and abortion. I guess I just believe everyone should have the same rights. And no section of the population should have special rights. No matter how loud or obnoxious they are.
 
Not bothering to take the quiz, since I am Canadian.

I prefer to vote left wing, because the rest of the country has been voting conservative for decades, and we need to get a minority government with someone besides the Liberals or Conservatives holding the balance of power.

Besides, I detest Harper, who is a petty dictator, runs the country without any input from parliament.

Of course, being a Christian, I am for the poor, universal health care, and against gay marriage and abortion. Not that it matters here in Canada, since those laws are not going to change.
 
This one's more comprehensive, IMO: Political Spectrum Quiz - Your Political Label

20x22.gif


Centrist libertarian, social moderate.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This quiz says I'm a Libertarian. If that's what they want to believe, so be it. I hope that they don't bet their election bid on that quiz. Between now and the upcoming elections, I'll know the candidates better than they know themselves, and my vete will be bathed in hours of prayer. I pray that each of you will do the same.
 
lol i took this quiz and it said i was 'conservatarian'...it then gave me a description that was nothing like my actual political views or even like my answers on the quiz...
 
I bet if I took that test I'd lean more towards 'conservative' something along those lines. But mind if I just call myself part of the Jesus party? All others even 'conservative' parties are corrupt to some point.