Are you a conservative? Liberal? Libertarian? Something altogether different?

• Thread starter Viligant_Warrior
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
Any quiz that has multiple options for the right side of politics but only one for centrist and left leaning positions is suspect. I think it's also badly designed - I could see there were more options on some questions but I couldn't scroll to them to read them. FYI, there was definitely a "no, government has no place redefining marriage as something other than between a man and woman' for the state-based gay marriage question.

I got progressive. On this much more decent quiz, I got...

12x19.gif

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I couldn't get passed the first question...too ambiguous.
So I'm theologically an extreme conservative I suppose,
but just a little more than a mild conservative with my politics.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Am I a Conservative, Liberal, Libertarian, or something altogether different?

I'm something different...
but I may not be all together.

Dec 18, 2013
According to the original test in the OP I am Conservative. Though as many others noted, I really wasn't too pleased with the lack of options and how the test was set up.

I have taken the political compass test many times over the years. It amuses me how widely different the results are though my answers are pretty much always the same. Past results charted me all over the place before. Upon taking the PC test just now I had to laugh to myself. It appears as if I have finally gone off the charts lol.

offthechart.png

Feb 1, 2015
I never saw the test, but I'm with you, Jay, I no longer refer to myself as Republican, but Conservative, The Republican are the do nothing party, they have jelly for a backbone. :D.

Jay_too

Apr 18, 2015
I never saw the test, but I'm with you, Jay, I no longer refer to myself as Republican, but Conservative, The Republican are the do nothing party, they have jelly for a backbone. :D.
Well said!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Conservatarian. But I did not see a 'no' option for same sex marriage.

J

JustAnotherUser

[h=1]Result: Conservatarian[/h]
[h=6]Conservatarians are conservatives who value fiscal responsibility, constitutional obedience, and controlled government spending as crucial tenets, but approach issues like gay marriage and drug control with a libertarian bent. Conservatarians are vexed by Republicans’ failure to cut the size and scope of Washington D.C., but they are critical of some libertarians for their unacceptable positions on abortion, national defense, and immigration. They applaud conservatives’ efforts to protect Second Amendment rights—efforts that have recently been wildly successful—but they see the War on Drugs as an unmitigated disaster that goes against everything conservatives ought to value.[/h]

Hmm...close enough.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Result: Conservatarian

Conservatarians are conservatives who value fiscal responsibility, constitutional obedience, and controlled government spending as crucial tenets, but approach issues like gay marriage and drug control with a libertarian bent. Conservatarians are vexed by Republicans’ failure to cut the size and scope of Washington D.C., but they are critical of some libertarians for their unacceptable positions on abortion, national defense, and immigration. They applaud conservatives’ efforts to protect Second Amendment rights—efforts that have recently been wildly successful—but they see the War on Drugs as an unmitigated disaster that goes against everything conservatives ought to value.

Hmm...close enough.
gee thx, now I'll no longer walk around with an identity crisis :p

J

JustAnotherUser

Well, I knew I was on the Libertarian-Conservative side...pretty much the liberal version of conservative, but I most certainly would not want to fit under liberalism itself.

And yeah, there seems to be a problem when displaying the answers. Some will show three out of four even though you can tell the fourth option is kind of hidden and you can't have the option to click that as your answer...