Are you aware some of us don't believe in End Times philosophy?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

fredjames

Banned
Feb 7, 2013
1,276
21
0
Honest. It's true.

I do believe in End Times, but we've been in it for close to 2000 years.

I do believe in the great tribulation, but as a past event. It happened in the first couple of centuries of Christianity. There is still tribulation going on today, but it's not as big a scale as that one.

I also don't believe in "the rapture." The word means "caught up," and it was used four times in the NT. Two of those times, apostles were "caught up" to heaven by God for a humongous vision.

So, yeah. I really do get the folks who believe in these things really do believe in them. I'm a bit worried that that is the only thing they have to go on with Christianity, instead of actually studying the whole Bible and learning about God to grow in him, but, sure, some churches believe in both, so that's cool.

I do know most of the thinking behind those other choices, so I'm not asking you to teach me your theories. It's not a big issue to me most of the time.

The only reason I bring this up is because so many start with something like, "As we all believe we are close to Christ coming back," and honestly? Not really "we all believe." He might return in an hour. He might return in 10,000 years. Either way, it's still the End Time, because that's the End we all wait for.

That's it. Just wanted to tell you we all don't believe that, just so you know we really don't all believe that. No big deal. Figured I'd save time in not having to tell that to those who say it.

Worse comes to worse, just take it like you found out someone in your own political party doesn't like one part of the political platform, but is still a party member. It happens. It's possible.

I now send you back to your regular-scheduled broadcast. :D

As you have 'testified' according to what you 'belief' on 'end times' and you 'know' they are written of 'importance' to 'all believer', therefore also 'quote' in the beginning of the 'Book of Revelation', what have been 'declared', of 'them to be of a beginner's to 'Book of Revelation importance from the beginning, as it is written', in Kingdom order, to 'stay awake' and 'be alert to'.