Are you doing great works? Is everything going fine?
Fear the Creator delivering everything in His hands. Can you be sure that it isn’t for your capacity, goodness, etc. that you are where you are.
• Zephaniah 2:13-14 -> “And he will stretch out his hand against the north, and destroy Assyria; and will make Nineveh a desolation, and dry like a wilderness. And flocks shall lie down in the midst of her, all the beasts of the nations: both the cormorant and the bittern shall lodge in the upper lintels of it; their voice shall sing in the windows; desolation shall be in the thresholds: for he shall uncover the cedar work.”.
It came the time for the destruction of Assyria, one of the pillars of confidence os Israel (as we can see in 2King 16:7). Assyria became arrogant in virtue of their many victories:
• Isaiah 10:5-8,11-13 -> “O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation. I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets. Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few. For he saith, Are not my princes altogether kings? Shall I not, as I have done unto Samaria and her idols, so do to Jerusalem and her idols? Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks. For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man:”.
• Isaiah 37:22-24,26,27 -> “This is the word which the LORD hath spoken concerning him... Whom hast thou reproached and blasphemed? and against whom hast thou exalted thy voice, and lifted up thine eyes on high? even against the Holy One of Israel. By thy servants hast thou reproached the Lord, and hast said, By the multitude of my chariots am I come up to the height of the mountains, to the sides of Lebanon; and I will cut down the tall cedars thereof, and the choice fir trees thereof: and I will enter into the height of his border, and the forest of his Carmel. Hast thou not heard long ago, how I have done it; and of ancient times, that I have formed it? now have I brought it to pass, that thou shouldest be to lay waste defenced cities into ruinous heaps. Therefore their inhabitants were of small power, they were dismayed and confounded: they were as the grass of the field, and as the green herb, as the grass on the housetops, and as corn blasted before it be grown up.”.
The Holy Scripture is clear: the Assyria had many victories because this was part of the Creator’s plan to chastise the nations, including Israel. Nevertheless, they refuse to take this in.
Instead of repent and convert, they insist on practicing their sins and enjoy all sort of revelry:
• Zephaniah 2:15 -> “This is the rejoicing city that dwelt carelessly, that said in her heart, I am, and there is none beside me: how is she become a desolation, a place for beasts to lie down in! every one that passeth by her shall hiss, and wag his hand.”.
So, the Creator promised to wreak havoc Assyria.
So, if you are doing great realizations, don’t boast; instead, fear Jesus and use all this success, money, health, force, etc. for the glory of His name, that is, so that people circumventing you can know Jesus, repent, convert and follow Him in total obedience.
Have a elated day recognizing Jesus in all your ways (Psa 3:5,6). Only thus your paths will be straight and fair.
Fear the Creator delivering everything in His hands. Can you be sure that it isn’t for your capacity, goodness, etc. that you are where you are.
• Zephaniah 2:13-14 -> “And he will stretch out his hand against the north, and destroy Assyria; and will make Nineveh a desolation, and dry like a wilderness. And flocks shall lie down in the midst of her, all the beasts of the nations: both the cormorant and the bittern shall lodge in the upper lintels of it; their voice shall sing in the windows; desolation shall be in the thresholds: for he shall uncover the cedar work.”.
It came the time for the destruction of Assyria, one of the pillars of confidence os Israel (as we can see in 2King 16:7). Assyria became arrogant in virtue of their many victories:
• Isaiah 10:5-8,11-13 -> “O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation. I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets. Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few. For he saith, Are not my princes altogether kings? Shall I not, as I have done unto Samaria and her idols, so do to Jerusalem and her idols? Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks. For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man:”.
• Isaiah 37:22-24,26,27 -> “This is the word which the LORD hath spoken concerning him... Whom hast thou reproached and blasphemed? and against whom hast thou exalted thy voice, and lifted up thine eyes on high? even against the Holy One of Israel. By thy servants hast thou reproached the Lord, and hast said, By the multitude of my chariots am I come up to the height of the mountains, to the sides of Lebanon; and I will cut down the tall cedars thereof, and the choice fir trees thereof: and I will enter into the height of his border, and the forest of his Carmel. Hast thou not heard long ago, how I have done it; and of ancient times, that I have formed it? now have I brought it to pass, that thou shouldest be to lay waste defenced cities into ruinous heaps. Therefore their inhabitants were of small power, they were dismayed and confounded: they were as the grass of the field, and as the green herb, as the grass on the housetops, and as corn blasted before it be grown up.”.
The Holy Scripture is clear: the Assyria had many victories because this was part of the Creator’s plan to chastise the nations, including Israel. Nevertheless, they refuse to take this in.
Instead of repent and convert, they insist on practicing their sins and enjoy all sort of revelry:
• Zephaniah 2:15 -> “This is the rejoicing city that dwelt carelessly, that said in her heart, I am, and there is none beside me: how is she become a desolation, a place for beasts to lie down in! every one that passeth by her shall hiss, and wag his hand.”.
So, the Creator promised to wreak havoc Assyria.
So, if you are doing great realizations, don’t boast; instead, fear Jesus and use all this success, money, health, force, etc. for the glory of His name, that is, so that people circumventing you can know Jesus, repent, convert and follow Him in total obedience.
Have a elated day recognizing Jesus in all your ways (Psa 3:5,6). Only thus your paths will be straight and fair.