Are you giving up? Give it up to GOD.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SoulWeaver

Senior Member
Oct 25, 2014
4,889
2,528
113
This is something that God gave me last night after I have received very bad news. It lifted me up, and strengthened me in my present trial... there is power and comfort in this word, and I want to share it with others who are also enduring and it seems to be neverending. If this is you, please read and be strengthened and comforted:

This first. If you feeling like you're giving up - it does NOT mean that you dont have Faith. It rather means that God is bringing you into the perfect spot of faith that pleases Him.

Let us prove this on the example of Jesus...

Jesus prayed so fervently in His trial, beginning in the garden of Gettsimane.
"Father, take it away from me, but Your will be done regardless, not mine."
Prayed so fervently that His sweat was like blood...

On the Cross, He kept calling out:
"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

But finally... He stopped calling... stopped petitioning... stopped struggling... stopped fighting the situation...

He "gave up the ghost".

I have tears in my eyes now understanding that Jesus didnt just die. He conclusively gave up His life - having been broken by the long and horrible struggle - I'll never read this the same way again.

Every single translation renders this "gave up" or eventually "released" in a few versions. Jesus was not struggling to save his life anymore at that point for sure... He GAVE IT UP TO GOD.

Did Jesus lack faith? Certainly not. What He did was die to Himself - portraying it also literally on the Cross - crucifying the flesh, that is never in tune with God's plan and timing.

Then let us observe the example of Sarah. She could not have children. She gave Hagar to her husband, in order that he would have descendants. When God told Sarah that she would become pregnant, she laughed.
Why did she laugh? Because she had already given it up, after (you can bet) trying all that was accessible in her time to enable her to have children, and probably countless nights that she spent in desperate prayer. But finally she completely gave it up, which does not mean that she lost faith (because the Word teaches, "according to your faith, it shall be done to you"), but that by giving it up, she allowed God to do things HIS way.

When we GIVE UP things to HIM, He does amazing things and we receive hundredfold, and everlasting life.

Then the example of Mary.
Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word.

Mary completely gave up her ideas of her future to God... her own plans or wants.

Then observe what Father God has done to our Lord Jesus, to Sarah and to Mary! Not just that He has done all for their benefit and heard their petitions, but there was also glory of our God that increased in them:

-Jesus was restored into life, and glorified above all;
-Sarah was fruitful, and became a foremother of Israel;
-Mary was kept safe, and brought the Savior into the world.

Job gave it all up to God:
Job 1:21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.
But once he had fully embraced this, did God send him away naked, or did He restore Job and gave him even more than he had?

So if you're feeling like giving up, you might actually be in the perfect spot of faith to receive good things. So go one more step ahead and give it up to GOD. This was such a great comfort to me, and I'm praying that it also comforted everyone who reads and has any sort of problems going on. God bless you!

P.S. The song I written this post to... thank you God for this comfort as well... there is someone crying in the song too but it lifts up. God understands when we dont.
https://www.jamendo.com/en/track/1040135/i-do-not-understand
 
Thank you so much for sharing this
I am struggling with something and I need to give it to God but How to let go?
 
kadybug954;bt14874 said:
Thank you so much for sharing this
I am struggling with something and I need to give it to God but How to let go?

You will let go by yourself when you get tired enough of trying and seeing that it doesnt work (maybe you already are at that spot) and the more you see you're powerless as all of us are powerless.

Tonight I looked into the sky and I was like, look at this heaven and all the stars there - God actually makes all this run around in His order and timing. How huge is that, and on the contrary, I cant seem to do anything to fix certain problems.

We really cant control anything, although we try hard sometimes. Persistent prayers and "keep knocking and it shall be opened" goes a long way but in some situations it is like it keeps hitting the ceiling and nothing seems to work, especially when other people and their free choices are involved. So... last night God reiterated to me that all I can do in this kind of situation is just lay back and allow God to handle the situation in His way and at His pace.

If you want, we can pray together now. "I am laying my life and all my plans down at God's feet. I'm giving my life up entirely to God and realizing it's not mine anyways because I was bought with a high price. Now it is His. I am aware that I lack power to fix this trial that is upon me right now, so I am giving it up to God. I'm rejoicing with great gladness because I hope in God that 'I shall YET praise Him' time and again for His help and blessings, this is the promise from the Word firm as a rock, there is no end to His mercies and He always comes to our rescue. I will forget all my troubles and be lost in the sea of praise to the most High God, I shall rejoice in Him, and be filled with the Holy Spirit and God's peace that surpasses all understanding. I will be resting in Him and appreciate all I have while He is breaking the prison doors, and avenging Himself fiercely on all His enemies and powers in my life that came up against me. Amen"
 
Last edited: