Are you ready?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2012
Every time I ask God what my mission is, He just tells me to be ready for anything. I have attempted to prepare myself for any situation. Given the destruction that is prophesied in Revelation (even before the supposed rapture), I’m just curious if any CC members have taken precautions.

S

SpoonJuly

Every time I ask God what my mission is, He just tells me to be ready for anything. I have attempted to prepare myself for any situation. Given the destruction that is prophesied in Revelation (even before the supposed rapture), I’m just curious if any CC members have taken precautions.
Proverbs 22:3
If you live in a city, leave.

U

Ugly

/looks for news article. Finds none.

S

SpoonJuly

Clearly you dedicated a great amount of thought to your survival plan.
No. Just stayed in the country where is was born, away from and temptation and trusted God.

Nov 26, 2012
/looks for news article. Finds none.
I guess it may have been more appropriately posted in miscellaneous? Perhaps it’s future news?

J

JB2018

Is good to always be ready...when do not know the hour or when Jesus shall return but he's coming. It's time to kick it into high gear and stay before God with prayer/fasting, obey his word, and develop a deep personal relationship with him. :)

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Being ready is knowing God. Nothing more.

Nov 26, 2012
That’s definitely being spiritually ready, I agree. The four horsemen and their “plagues” come prior and seem to be not far down the road. To me anyway, it seems God has told us about these things for a purpose. We are supposed to be the hands and feet of Christ. That is the physical representation of God in the world. When we pray for things to prolong our bodies, is that not our job to provide them for eachother. It is God who organizes us but our job to to the manual labour. When the famine hit in Joseph’s day, was it not the revelation of the coming disaster, that initiated the food stores to save many lives. We all want God to send down manna from heaven in times of need, but I think He has given us what we need. At a time before impending doom, we are like those outside the ark. I’m not afraid to die, in fact I welcome death. However, for those who are not aware, or not concerned, and not spiritually prepared, I hope to save as many possible and give testimony that they were saved because of Him.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I prepare my heart not my physical needs, did Jesus not say to not worry about the clothes on our back or the food we eat?

Nov 26, 2012
I prepare my heart not my physical needs, did Jesus not say to not worry about the clothes on our back or the food we eat?
Correct, if I’m prepared then I’m not worried. Besides, he also said feed the hungry and clothe the naked.

Dooms

Feb 8, 2018
Christ's message has not changed if we are at the end of this era or the middle. Love God with all your heart, mind, body, and soul. And your neighbor as yourself. Chain yourself to this and you will be well prepared.

Dec 12, 2013
Wise men see evil coming and prepare for it.....very biblical principle.....!!

Dec 12, 2013
HAHAHHAHHA......Ummmmmm, that view applied to the particular application of this thread seems to deny biblical principle....for example....

NOAH had to prepare before the world was destroyed ONCE by water....had he NOT "prepped" he most assuredly would have drowned with the rest of humanity that did not listen to the message that it was going to RAIN and flood the earth......

ONE of any examples....

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
HAHAHHAHHA......Ummmmmm, that view applied to the particular application of this thread seems to deny biblical principle....for example....

NOAH had to prepare before the world was destroyed ONCE by water....had he NOT "prepped" he most assuredly would have drowned with the rest of humanity that did not listen to the message that it was going to RAIN and flood the earth......

ONE of any examples....
And what entails 'getting ready'?
If anyone doesn't know God, to them everything is imminent.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The best precaution is to know the true Gospel and to embrace it to the full.. This ensures that one is indwelled by the Holy Spirit and through the leading of the Holy Spirit ones mind will be guarded from the great deception that is coming upon those in this world who are following a false gospel.. God will send them strong delusion so that they will believe the lie, those who have loved evil.. false doctrines / false gospels are evil lies..

If one is being lead and strengthened by Gods Holy Spirit then one will be ready for what ever comes in their lives.. God will ensure they will bare anything God allows them to go through.. God will not put His beloved Children into a situation that He cannot cause them to get through.. He shall either keep them from it.. Or grant them the ability to get through it..

Nov 26, 2012
The best precaution is to know the true Gospel and to embrace it to the full.. This ensures that one is indwelled by the Holy Spirit and through the leading of the Holy Spirit ones mind will be guarded from the great deception that is coming upon those in this world who are following a false gospel.. God will send them strong delusion so that they will believe the lie, those who have loved evil.. false doctrines / false gospels are evil lies..

If one is being lead and strengthened by Gods Holy Spirit then one will be ready for what ever comes in their lives.. God will ensure they will bare anything God allows them to go through.. God will not put His beloved Children into a situation that He cannot cause them to get through.. He shall either keep them from it.. Or grant them the ability to get through it..
As much as I would like to agree with all of these statements, I think that the evidence of mass martyrdom speaks to the contrary. As one who looks forward to death, laying down my life before it expires is extremely favourable. I think suffering through the calamities and trials of Revelations in hopes that some may be saved and led in truth is the more difficult path. It is a path I accept and feel it may be the one I am called to.

Nov 26, 2012
And what entails 'getting ready'?
If anyone doesn't know God, to them everything is imminent.
From my perspective if I tell my kid there is a storm coming, it’s like saying wear the right clothes and grab an umbrella. Too many Christians think that God is there to bundle them up and hold the umbrella as they walk. As a mature Christian I think it’s not only enough to grab an umbrella for ourselves but bring several for those who have no father to warn them.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
As much as I would like to agree with all of these statements, I think that the evidence of mass martyrdom speaks to the contrary.
I do not understand why you replied to my post this way... When did i state that the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit would protect anyone from being executed ??? I said that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit would give one the strength to go through what ever God allows us to go through and if that means being beheaded as some followers of Jesus will be during the great tribulation then so be it..

As one who looks forward to death, laying down my life before it expires is extremely favourable.
Well that's an advantage for a Christian.. I look forward to death also the sooner i am out of this corrupt evil world the better.. But i do suspect that God may want me to stay here to be a worker in the field .. The harvest in big but the workers are few..

I think suffering through the calamities and trials of Revelations in hopes that some may be saved and led in truth is the more difficult path. It is a path I accept and feel it may be the one I am called to.
Well it would make the tribulation far more easier to go through if you had the hope that God could use you to cause one more person to come to salvation.. But that might not be what happens.. From reading OT scripture i believe God will preserve some followers through the tribulation so they can simply bare witness to the wrath of the LORD being carried out on the wicked..

Psalms 91: KJV
{2} "I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. {3} Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. {4} He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. {5} Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; {6} Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. {7} A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. {8} Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. {9} Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; {10} There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. {11} For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. {12} They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone."

Again i cannot see how my post caused you to disagree with me??

I don't even know how you are disagreeing with me??