Are you ready?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
From my perspective if I tell my kid there is a storm coming, it’s like saying wear the right clothes and grab an umbrella. Too many Christians think that God is there to bundle them up and hold the umbrella as they walk. As a mature Christian I think it’s not only enough to grab an umbrella for ourselves but bring several for those who have no father to warn them.
You're still not saying how you are preparing?

What are you actually doing to prepare.. You certainly don't think buying an umbrella will provide security for you

Nov 26, 2012
God will ensure they will bare anything God allows them to go through.. God will not put His beloved Children into a situation that He cannot cause them to get through.. He shall either keep them from it.. Or grant them the ability to get through it..
This is the part I do not agree with. When we put our trust in Him, we can get through everything. It’s not that He won’t allow some of the nastiest stuff to happen to His people. Rain falls on the just and unjust. Some people who think that a Heavenly Father means we should have some protection against evil befalling us. Not true. We may even have more. It’s the perspective we have on this finite reality that gives us courage to stand against the enemy and strength against temptation. Maybe it’s just the way I read it, but there will be many people who turn from God because the amount of suffering and death of innocent loved ones during these trying times. Many think the rapture is going to keep them from all of the trials, but most likely it won’t come as, or when expected.

Nov 26, 2012
You're still not saying how you are preparing?

What are you actually doing to prepare.. You certainly don't think buying an umbrella will provide security for you
Seeds, weapons, knowledge, tools, first aid, blankets, tents, tarps, clothes, hiking gear, winter gear, dingies, rope, fire starting aids, non parishable food and water.

Nov 26, 2012
Seeds, weapons, knowledge, tools, first aid, blankets, tents, tarps, clothes, hiking gear, winter gear, dingies, rope, fire starting aids, non parishable food and water.
....and umbrellas.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
This is the part I do not agree with. When we put our trust in Him, we can get through everything. It’s not that He won’t allow some of the nastiest stuff to happen to His people. Rain falls on the just and unjust.
Oh so trying my best to understand your position.. I believe you are stating it is by the power of the Christians trust in God that we are powerful enough to face any kind of trauma, persecution, torture and deprivation? That Gods Holy Spirit does not help us through these tribulations.. It's all about our strength of faith rather then the Holy Spirits assistance in our hour of trial...

I believe that standing on ones own faith and personal strength is a recipe for disaster,, Relying on the will of God and the Assistance of the Holy Spirit in times of persecution is for me the safe place to be..

Some people who think that a Heavenly Father means we should have some protection against evil befalling us. Not true. We may even have more.
I agree.

It’s the perspective we have on this finite reality that gives us courage to stand against the enemy and strength against temptation.
Yes i believe you believe in your own strength of faith.. You will win the victory over the persecutors by your own strength of will,, Your own determination to resist..

Maybe it’s just the way I read it, but there will be many people who turn from God because the amount of suffering and death of innocent loved ones during these trying times.
Yes i believe many will fall away from the truth because they will not be being strengthened by the Holy Spirit..

Many think the rapture is going to keep them from all of the trials, but most likely it won’t come as, or when expected.
I don't believe in the pre - tribulation rapture.. I believe the rapture will happen on the day of the return of the LORD Jesus Christ.. On the same day as the resurrection of the saints.. At the sounding of the last trumpet..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
That's what i was afraid of..

Think again of the level of destruction that will befall the earth during the tribulation and the time of the wrath of the LORD that will be poured out on the earth.. If you believe you can survive all that by securing supplies of material things and building some bunker or hideout somewhere then you are sadly mistaken.. The only way that anyone would get through all that would be by the miraculous protection of God.. Things are going to get so bad that towards the end the living will yearn to die and will envy those who have already died..

Revelation 9: KJV
{6} And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

Nov 26, 2012
That's what i was afraid of..

Think again of the level of destruction that will befall the earth during the tribulation and the time of the wrath of the LORD that will be poured out on the earth.. If you believe you can survive all that by securing supplies of material things and building some bunker or hideout somewhere then you are sadly mistaken.. The only way that anyone would get through all that would be by the miraculous protection of God.. Things are going to get so bad that towards the end the living will yearn to die and will envy those who have already died..

Revelation 9: KJV
{6} And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."
That last part I believe had to do with the scorpions stings....but whatever. No I don’t think I’m going to save myself, and that’s not what I suggested. When feeding the thousands, Christ started with something (fish and barley loaves). It’s not my faith in nothing that will help me cope. The point is that I don’t care what happens to me. To me, this body is just a vessel. The supplies are for other people, that they may be preserved long enough to give their hearts to Christ. When people are looking for food and shelter, I can help them, in the Name of Christ.

Dec 12, 2013
And what entails 'getting ready'?
If anyone doesn't know God, to them everything is imminent.
There are 4 things that kill tribulation saints, I can do something about 3 of them......all I am gonna say....

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Please; all the survival gear in the world can't help if it's too heavy or bulky to pack. When we need to get out of dodge, we usually need to do it in a hurry. A knife, a lighter a compass if you have room. After a few nights under the moon & stars I'd be able to navigate OK. My Grand father & gra'ma came here on a fishing boat, from some island near croatia she had a baby [MOM] and they stayed. He had a job as a tuna fisherman and had a very seaworthy a fishing boat. That's what the family did in the old country, build boats & go fishing.

By 1919 that part of the world was in Chaos, Marxists, facisists, a weird cult that believed they decendants of Thor. Rabbid anti semites plus the more traditional tit for tat violence. Survival skills!!! With a new pregnant wife He sailed from Viece? Dalmatia to San Francisco bay, full of Tuna using wind and a little 1 lung deisel for more a genorator or little motor that you can move around and do different tasks. You could use it to get out of a slump when wind and current are dead. Thump, thump, thump, thump horay! Were moving! He had nets, poles, short wave diddyn bop, [Air Force slang for morris code], no audio then. A sextant and a rifile for sharks.????? Oh, No No used explosives too, but not then.

MilujiTe

Aug 19, 2018
I don’t know if I am ready... it’s actually all in His hands. I can tell you that He is still working in my heart and although at times it’s agonizing, I trust He will get me through.

Meanwhile, I can:

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I actually fail at this all the time (ugh), but I realize it and just keep praying and asking Him for help. Thankfully He is super-duper patient with me! Lol.

Actually, all of 1 Thessalonians 5 is applicable. I do agree with others... I think being ready is more about the heart than it is about provisions. He will provide!