Are you saved? If Yes, What have you believed to be saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

Oblio

I was agreeing, in a way, encouraging the poster, and you start talking to me about my sins, and how I'm not His if I'm trusting the flesh?
Tell me something I didn't learn decades ago.
"Those who know Your name trust in You, for You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You." - Psalm 9:10
" For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh" - Philippians 3:3
" that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9
" For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God," Ephesians 2:8
Any questions?

Oct 5, 2021
Am saved because i confessed Christ and believed God raised him from the dead and he is my Lord and Savior now! Romans 10:9

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So what have you repented of ? Your sins. You will never be none of His if you are trusting the flesh.
Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
You have no room to be talking and certainly not quoting scripture

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I was agreeing, in a way, encouraging the poster, and you start talking to me about my sins, and how I'm not His if I'm trusting the flesh?
Tell me something I didn't learn decades ago.
"Those who know Your name trust in You, for You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You." - Psalm 9:10
" For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh" - Philippians 3:3
" that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9
" For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God," Ephesians 2:8
Any questions?
I think at this point he is just trying to stir up trouble he cannot be reasoned with and who knows how long his ignore list is I'm probably on there too.

O

Oblio

I think at this point he is just trying to stir up trouble he cannot be reasoned with and who knows how long his ignore list is I'm probably on there too.
Aw...and I was just starting to have fun!!!

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
To be saved means to be saved. If you cannot understand a plain word in the English language I think maybe you should go get some grammar lessons. You certainly know where to place quotation and question inserts.

2Ti_2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
Can a person be saved without becoming a Christian?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Aw...and I was just starting to have fun!!!
Well it doesn't say if we are on ignore or not and I'm not sure how to check either but odds are if he couldn't outdue you ina debate your on the honorary ignore list wear your badge with pride

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
I have showed you the gospel over and over. Asking Jesus into you heart is not the gospel according to the scriptures.
You have to believe the gospel given to Paul 1 Corinthians 15: 3,4.
You did exactly what your telling others doesn't work. You Hann57 said "you have to believe the gospel given to Paul 1 Corinthians 15: 3,4." Please show me where that is written? Its not. With the heart man believes.. I in them you in me Christ told the Father. Seems that sinner repents.. asks Jesus come into my heart be my lord savior. <---believes with their heart.

Forgive me, you are who now? Not a prophet not a apostle. So your just someone on the net that knows Jesus? Telling His kids not yours on how to be saved? Your words have no weight. NO where in the word is ANYONE on the globe told to listen to what you personally believe NOR to believe my words :) no offense.

Did not He say simple call on the name of the lord you shall be delivered/saved. OT NT. That is confessing.. that is believing with your heart. Did not He say All that My Father gives Me will come to Me; and the one who comes to Me I will most certainly not cast out [I will never, never reject anyone who follows Me]. <---this no man gets a say HOW the Father draws them. Samual.. Man sees only the out side.. I see the heart. Praise GOD glory to Jesus.

O

Oblio

Act justly...love mercy...walk humbly...yes, Lord. Just having some fun, friend. You should come down and join us sometime.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
You did exactly what your telling others doesn't work. You Hann57 said "you have to believe the gospel given to Paul 1 Corinthians 15: 3,4." Please show me where that is written? Its not. With the heart man believes.. I in them you in me Christ told the Father. Seems that sinner repents.. asks Jesus come into my heart be my lord savior. <---believes with their heart.

Forgive me, you are who now? Not a prophet not a apostle. So your just someone on the net that knows Jesus? Telling His kids not yours on how to be saved? Your words have no weight. NO where in the word is ANYONE on the globe told to listen to what you personally believe NOR to believe my words :) no offense.

Did not He say simple call on the name of the lord you shall be delivered/saved. OT NT. That is confessing.. that is believing with your heart. Did not He say All that My Father gives Me will come to Me; and the one who comes to Me I will most certainly not cast out [I will never, never reject anyone who follows Me]. <---this no man gets a say HOW the Father draws them. Samual.. Man sees only the out side.. I see the heart. Praise GOD glory to Jesus.
1Co 15:1, Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2, By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3, For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4, And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
Am saved because i confessed Christ and believed God raised him from the dead and he is my Lord and Savior now! Romans 10:9
That is NOT the gospel.

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
That is not the gospel. You need to believe the gospel Paul received from Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:3,4.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018

Show you where it is written you asked. I posted the reference right on the page.

Oct 5, 2021
That is not the gospel. You need to believe the gospel Paul received from Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:3,4.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Hann57,what do you think is the gospel??

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
Hann57,what do you think is the gospel??
I just showed you from the scriptures.

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

O

Oblio

If they had an ignoramus setting, I'd use it, but I'll settle for ignore.

Oct 5, 2021
I just showed you from the scriptures.

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
I really dont know what you believe but the centre of Paul’s gospel was Jesus died for our sins and rose again,Jesus is the focal point not only of Paul’s gospel but of the entire bible!!

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
I really dont know what you believe but the centre of Paul’s gospel was Jesus died for our sins and rose again,Jesus is the focal point not only of Paul’s gospel but of the entire bible!!
The very first word in the gospel is, Christ. Christ died for our sins... that is the point I am making. You must believe this gospel to be saved. It is simple.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Can a person be saved without becoming a Christian?

Yes.

There is a timeless gospel spoken of in the book of Revelation called the
everlasting gospel. It's been saving folks since practically the dawn of Man.
There's no talk of Jesus in the everlasting gospel, nor a resurrection, nor a
crucifixion, nor a Holy Ghost, nor a baptism, nor a church, nor any mention
of the Ten Commandments.

The everlasting gospel is a bounce from the very first chapter of Genesis. It's
very elementary; pretty much all it says is:

1» There's a supreme being.

2» He deserves respect, and he deserves the admiration of a genius
without par.

3» There's a frightful reckoning looming on the horizon, and

4» The cosmos-- all of its forms of life, matter, and energy --is the product
of intelligent design.

Were I to attach a moniker to the everlasting gospel; I'd call it the heathen's
gospel because it saves primitive folk who've never heard, nor ever will hear
in their lifetime, a single word about Christ.

Folk saved by means of the everlasting gospel will miss out on the incredible
benefits associated with Jesus' church but at least they won't end up on the
wrong side of things down at the end.
_

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018

Yes.

There is a timeless gospel spoken of in the book of Revelation called the
everlasting gospel. It's been saving folks since practically the dawn of Man.
There's no talk of Jesus in the everlasting gospel, nor a resurrection, nor a
crucifixion, nor a Holy Ghost, nor a baptism, nor a church, nor any mention
of the Ten Commandments.

The everlasting gospel is a bounce from the very first chapter of Genesis. It's
very elementary; pretty much all it says is:

1» There's a supreme being.

2» He deserves respect, and he deserves the admiration of a genius
without par.

3» There's a frightful reckoning looming on the horizon, and

4» The cosmos-- all of its forms of life, matter, and energy --is the product
of intelligent design.

Were I to attach a moniker to the everlasting gospel; I'd call it the heathen's
gospel because it saves primitive folk who've never heard, nor ever will hear
in their lifetime, a single word about Christ.

Folk saved by means of the everlasting gospel will miss out on the incredible
benefits associated with Jesus' church but at least they won't end up on the
wrong side of things down at the end.
_
Not interested in fables.