Are you sure of your salvation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tootles_1

I appreciate all the responses. I think what I'm getting from the majority is that there is absolutely no reason to doubt whatsoever in your salvation. However, I must say there have been times I have questioned - not necessarily doubted - but questioned my sincerity in following Jesus. I have sought counsel during these times and felt like I continued in my spiritual walk, but always chalked the questioning up to human nature. So my question again is, is it normally and/or healthy to question yourself in your relationship w/ the Creator? Or is it always wrong?

C

carpetmanswife

2 corinthians 13:5 no its not wrong in fact i think its reccomended :)

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
We cant live like hell and go to heaven.

I agree with this statement and the following question is not asked to undermine it.

What do you think the Psalmist meant when he stated in (Psalm 139:8) ...'if I make my bed in hell, thou art there'. I know he is dealing with the presence of God but what is meant by the phrase, 'make my bed in hell'. What do you think that is referring to, if someone made their bed in hell?

K

KingdomGeneration

We are saved by God's grace alone. Once a person sincerely believes in Jesus Christ and accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, they are saved. Salvation has nothing to do with works, it's all about what Jesus did for us on the cross. He paid for our past, present, and future sins in full. How did he pay? With his blood. When we believe that God the father sent his son Jesus to pay for our sins-they are wiped clean. We then receive the Holy Spirit within us..literally. In the past I've tried to clean up my sins with my own will power, only to fail more miserably then before! The key is to totally trust and rely on Jesus to begin cleaning up your life and then over time you will start to show outward signs of bearing fruit. As far as you mentioning the devil, I have no doubt that he trys to take our assurance away. Think of it this way: If your in a battle and they take your weapon away, your not going to feel very confident are you? We are in a battle. And our assurance of salvation and trust in Jesus Christ is our weapon. The devil is well aware that if he causes doubt in salvation, it's going to send that person into a temporary quagmire, and they'll be less effective to...SAVE OTHERS!

In Christ,
glenn
So, are were saved by "grace alone" or are we saved by "grace through faith"? If we are saved by grace alone then why do we have to repent?

Scripture says that we are saved "by grace through faith" which means God's grace is freely given to those who actively (present tense) put their belief and trust in Jesus Christ. That is how faith operates. If your church considers this to be a form of "works" then maybe you should taker a closer look at your own doctrine for errors instead of always critiquing someone else.

K

KingdomGeneration

We cant live like hell and go to heaven.

I agree with this statement and the following question is not asked to undermine it.

What do you think the Psalmist meant when he stated in (Psalm 139:8) ...'if I make my bed in hell, thou art there'. I know he is dealing with the presence of God but what is meant by the phrase, 'make my bed in hell'. What do you think that is referring to, if someone made their bed in hell?
That God is ominpresent. It not God's will that one soul should perish. God loves every soul that finds itself in hell however God doesn't send people to hell, that decision is our to make.

R

roaringkitten

If we are saved by grace alone then why do we have to repent?

canadian is 100% correct in his statement. Why should man repent? Because in order to go from unbelief to belief in the Son man HAS repented(repentance translation from Greek means "a change of mind")....Read my thread on "Biblical Repentance".....I break the Scriptures down on this....

S

Sinnner

Go to the thread non watered gospel and watch the video please, give it a chance.

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
To Whom It Concerns,

We know that all things are of God (2Cor 5:18) and for our sake (2Cor 4:15). In God's plan we are confronted with a situation or circumstance that we don't like. Instead of embracing God and thanking Him in all things (Eph 5:20), we react and get negative. God put this thing in our life to crucify our flesh but we don't want it. We don't want God's plan in this area of our flesh and we don't want to be conformable unto His death (Phil 3:10). In some cases the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak (Mt 26:41). In other cases, many believers want to serve God but they don't want to take up their cross (Mt 6:24) and be made conformable unto His death. Jesus said in (John 12:24,25) the following;

'Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal'.
When we react and get negative in the details of life, we are fighting against the plan of God designed to get us to die (not physically but experientially), so that God can bring forth much fruit. Salvation does not crucify our flesh, the cross does. We can have all kinds of biblical knowledge, and rightly so, yet never take up our cross. If we are going to truly follow Jesus Christ, we must deny ourselves and take up our cross. Paul said, as a believer in (1Cor 15:31), 'I die daily'. In (Gal 2:20), 'I am crucified with Christ'. In (2Cor 4:12), 'So death worketh in me'...

The corn of wheat (the believer), unless it dies, abides alone without bearing fruit. You can be a believer without taking up your cross and letting the plan of God crucify your flesh and bear no fruit. This points to what a carnal believer is all about. They can have the right knowledge without taking up their cross daily and have no fruit. If they continue this way, they will suffer the loss of all rewards at the judgment seat of Christ, yet they will be saved as by fire (1Cor 3:15). The only work that will not be burned up is the work of God to believe upon whom God has sent (John 6:29), that will remain. But, if we take up our cross, deny ourselves and respond with faith toward God in the details of life and let Jesus Christ crucify our flesh experientially, we will bear much fruit and that fruit will remain (John 15:16).

C

christiancanadian

I appreciate all the responses. I think what I'm getting from the majority is that there is absolutely no reason to doubt whatsoever in your salvation. However, I must say there have been times I have questioned - not necessarily doubted - but questioned my sincerity in following Jesus. I have sought counsel during these times and felt like I continued in my spiritual walk, but always chalked the questioning up to human nature. So my question again is, is it normally and/or healthy to question yourself in your relationship w/ the Creator? Or is it always wrong?
No it's normal for doubt to arise sometimes...especially when we sin...it's our nature. On top of that, you have the devil trying to condemn you of sin when you already feel guilty...so that certainly doesn't help.

I heard this truth recently: Jesus died on the cross for our sins 2000 years ago. He died ONCE for all of our past, present, and future sins when we believe and trust in him as our Lord and Saviour (Don't forget that God is in eternity, not our times-so he can see our life right now from beginning to end).

All of our sins were FUTURE to him!!! We weren't even on earth yet to have the opportunity to sin (You have to be physically born to become a sinner-we're talking bloodline from Adam & Eve). So if Jesus sacrifice for you and I was more than enough to cover every single sin in our lifetime-you can't mess that up! No matter what you do. Once your saved your always saved. That's certainly no license to sin! Also, if a person goes back to sinning all the time, either they never truly believed and are lost-OR if they are a true believer they will be disappointed with the rewards that will be burned away upon judgement (not the same judgement as non-believers) - BUT THEY WILL NOT LOSE THEIR SALVATION!

R

roaringkitten

Amen Christiancanadian!!!

Naturally Christians will sometimes doubt their salvation because the devil tries to take the joy of it away, and because we know we DO NOT deserve eternal life....But Christ said whoever believes in Him to forgive them of their sins and to save them will be saved! PRESENT possession! Those who think they can lose their salvation on the merits of bad works(catholic church teaches this) tells me that they are trusting at least partly in themselves(good works).....

Status
Not open for further replies.