Artsie is at the Grand Canyon and she is so happy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Howdy y'all! As you know I posted a while ago about job worries and possibly landing a gig at the grand canyon. I'm here at the rec center on site telling you that I made it. :D

Just to summarized, I have been so blessed I cannot even believe. I live at the South Rim with an older Rhode Island lady who is an absolute doll, I've already been able to have a home cooked meal with her and her friend (Angel is her name, and she took time out of her own schedule to drive me around), there are hot showers, LTE (really good) phone signals everywhere, discounts on everything being a xanterra employee, and a house that is literally a two min walk from my dorm. Not to mention amazing parents that want me to visit like every weekend, and have given me the ability to have netflix and a fully paid for phone on their dime.

I was so worried, so afraid, and now I am like jumping out of my skin I am so excited. God has helped me in this so much, and I have a feeling that this is going to work out just fine. And even if it ever doesn't I am honestly just happy to have experienced this.

H

Hellooo

How wonderful artsie! What a change from the previous trepidation. You are going to grow so much.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Thank you! :D :D Hahaha after my flu episode for a week, and having to stay in Phoenix for that long to recuperate., I have been happy again at the GC. I finally got to start my job at El Tovar's gift shop, and I gotta say it is crazy fast paced. At least the main shop is. There's a smaller one on the side with like toiletries, snacks, periodicals, ect. That one is crazy slow when you work it. You have to end up playing music in the background to just get through a shift hahaha. But not having to deal with crazy crowds is kinda nice.

I've been coming back and forth from there to home with mom and dad, and that's been a little tiring but I think worth it to see them. And also to be able to get things in town that I needed up there and couldn't get, ect.

Still have to find out how to or when to go to church. I work on most sundays and I have no idea if any local churches have Wednesday services. Fortunately I snagged some DVDs of my pastor's past services so I should be able to think on those. And maybe actually interact a bit more on CC to get some fellowship.