As Jonah was three days and three nights...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The verse is::
Matthew 28: KJV
1 "In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre."

Sunday was Not a Sabbath.. Friday sundown to saturday sundown was the 7th day weekly Sabbath refered to in Matthew 28..

The High Sabbath that happened during the week just before the weekly Sabbath was the First day of unleavened Bread which happens the Day after the Passover.. So the High Sabbath of the first day of unleaven Bread started on Wednesday sundown and went to thursday Sundown.. They hurredly buried Jesus in the tomb to avoid His body hanging on the cross on the first day of unleavened bread..
Young's Literal translates it this way because the word sabbath can refer to a week or a seventh (of anything) or the specific day.

The Greek has exactly the same word, sabbaton, in both places that most English versions by interpretation put either week or sabbath.

Mar 28, 2016
The verse is::
Matthew 28: KJV
1 "In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre."

Sunday was Not a Sabbath.. Friday sundown to saturday sundown was the 7th day weekly Sabbath refered to in Matthew 28..

The High Sabbath that happened during the week just before the weekly Sabbath was the First day of unleavened Bread which happens the Day after the Passover.. So the High Sabbath of the first day of unleaven Bread started on Wednesday sundown and went to thursday Sundown.. They hurredly buried Jesus in the tomb to avoid His body hanging on the cross on the first day of unleavened bread..
Yes, the old era of sabbaths (the word is plural) It began the work of the ceremonial fast on the 6th day of the week allowing the born again Jews apart from their regular work needed to maintain their bodies a special time set aside to bring the gospel out to those who knew not God, as the true fast. .

This was prior to the new era of sabbath rests 1st. day.... the reformation had come. You could say, I believe the introduction of the children of light a sign to the whole world. A terrible time of tribulation for the outward Jew that was hoping his flesh could profit for something. I time like never before or ever again .

The word sabbath first and foremost is not a time sensitive word. It means rest. Using the word "week" (no Greek for week at that time )it is adding or introducing another meaning... destroying the use of the word. The Greek word for week is evdomáda .

Two reasons why not to attach time sensitivity.. . One the weekly sabbath ceremonial law as a shadow is that men turned into idol worship as some sort of self serving sign that they called sign gifts. (Seeing is believing)

By changing it into a time sensitive word it would make Hebrew 4 reference without effect in respect to the word "today" (under the sun) Any time we do mix faith in what we hear or see and do not harden of hearts we are receiving the gospel of our faith as the end thereof , the salvation of our soul. It is God who does make our hearts soft by which he can rest in the Bosom of His love. If we make it all about what the eyes see we will miss the mark

I offer that looking at the first aspect of the three day demonstration, the unseen work of suffering as the father and the Son. The Father poured out the cup of wrath the suffering was unto death as he gave his spirit life in jeopardy of his own Spirit. That work describes the metptphor to drink the blood. The father in mutual submission with the Son to bring us the peace of God that does surpass our ability to understand . This was on Thursday. The next part of the 3 day demonstration of the work of the Holy Spirit not seen was on the cross and last of the three part demonstration, the tomb.

I am not saying one demonstration cannot be used in different ways .The way of the cross is most likely the greatest as to how many times But they all work to represent one three day demonstration .Or at least that is what I would believe. Three seems to represent the end of a matter in any parable, as one that comes along side another, the sign of Jonas as a living sacrifice..

From my experience the cross is usually used as the beginning point and it makes it difficult to fulfill the three day demonstration. Beginning with the demonstration in the garden of Gethsemane would change that point .

For what purpose? Possible to re-introduce the garden of Eden episode. This time the bride is protected by a husband who was willing to give the life of his Spirit in jeopardy of His own Spirit.

I would offer the garden episode as the beginning. A work of the father and Son . Putting the disciples asleep to signify it was a exclusive work of the father and Son working together in mutual submission in order to establish the government of God.

Then come with them doth Jesus to a place called Gethsemane, and he saith to the disciples, `Sit ye here, till having gone away, I shall pray yonder.' And having taken Peter, and the two sons of Zebedee, he began to be sorrowful, and to be very heavy;then saith he to them, `Exceedingly sorrowful is my soul -- unto death; abide ye here, and watch with me.' And having gone forward a little, he fell on his face, praying, and saying, `My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as Thou.' And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them sleeping, and he saith to Peter, `So! ye were not able one hour to watch with me! watch, and pray, that ye may not enter into temptation: the spirit indeed is forward, but the flesh weak.' Again, a second time, having gone away, he prayed, saying, `My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from me except I drink it, Thy will be done;'and having come, he findeth them again sleeping, for their eyes were heavy. And having left them, having gone away again, he prayed a third time, saying the same word; then cometh he unto his disciples, and saith to them, `Sleep on henceforth, and rest! lo, the hour hath come nigh, and the Son of Man is delivered up to the hands of sinners.Mathew 26:36-45

You could say delivered up in preparation for the next phase. The cross.

Gethsemane, an apropriate name (oil press) looked at from the parables found in Luke. The Holy Spirit uses literal "as it were" blood to demonstrate work of the Spirit of Christ working in the Son of man, Jesus. "As it were" denotes a parable is in view.

Using sweat like Jesus used with spit..rain , dew as living water(H20) to represent the cleaning work of the Holy Spirit..

The father in mutual submission strengthened jesus to finish the work .Just as hie strenthedned Jonas to finish that three day work

And there appeared to him a messenger from heaven strengthening him;and having been in agony, he was more earnestly praying, and his sweat became, "as it were", great drops of blood falling upon the ground. And having risen up from the prayer, having come unto the disciples, he found them sleeping from the sorrow,Luke 22:43-45 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

Jun 16, 2019
Being buried in a jewish tomb is not the heart of the earth. It could be the skin of the earth.

Jesus remained buried in the hearts of his mother and lovers.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Being buried in a jewish tomb is not the heart of the earth.
It was the soul and spirit of Christ that were in the heart of the earth -- Sheol/Hades -- for three days and three nights. His body was in the tomb during that time.

Mar 28, 2016
Being buried in a jewish tomb is not the heart of the earth. It could be the skin of the earth.

Jesus remained buried in the hearts of his mother and lovers.
I would offer. The "heart of the earth" is a metaphor used in that parable the spiritual meaning hid. . For instance we live in a earthen body of death as the Holy Spirt defines the phrase .

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

But that does not mean we are dead under ground . We have Christ in us, as he was with Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah in the fire: Or with Jonas suffering the pangs of hell (separated from God) in the belly of the whale .Another way of saying three days three nights .

In Genesis 6 the idea of heart of the earth is also given . It is referred to as evil continually . .No rest without Christ. No faith that could please God. The place of hell, suffering. A place to cry out from as did both the Son of man, Jesus and Jonas . the last of the sign with a wonderment as a living hope that we will receive the goal of our faith our new incorruptible body.

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

(Evil denoting natural unconverted mankind called the evil generation.)

It represents the three day work of the father and Son. . . . the mutual suffering in Spirit which began in the garden .

The Father pouring out his wrath of our sin on the Son..... the Son bearing the burden. . . . . crying out to the Father. The Father in mutual submission sending a messenger to strengthen the Son to finish, the work of salvation. (Isaiah 53) .

The father and Son working together to bring the finished work of a peace that surpasses all human understanding, as a living hope in respect to our promised new incorruptible body as the eternal bride.

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the "whale's belly"; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the "belly of hell" cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

The three day demonstration as to its beginning is found in Mathew26:38

Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.Mathew26:38

The garden demonstration (suffering unto death) as the father poured the wrath and His Spirit to strengthen the Son. It can be compared to tossing Jonah over board. Luke expands the idea and gives us a picture of the mutual work described in Isaiah 53

Luke 22:44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

As it were great drops of blood. It...... indicates a parable is in veiw, "sweat is not blood( we walk by faith ) . The Son of man Jesus was working. . . pouring out His Spirit life in jeapory of His own Spirit.

Jun 16, 2019
I will reply to your last intervention later.

From Jonah's viewpoint he passed in the belly only a single NIGHTMARE.

The nights and days are from God's viewpoint.

Jun 16, 2019
The earth is mankind in many bible sentences.
The earthly man is mankind ruined by Adam.

Earthen vessels meant, in the context, where to store and protect said treasure from the dangers of II Cor. 4:8.

Jonah was not separated from god in fact in the belly remembers that god has just saved his life and ends: "Salvation belongs to Jehovah".

Gen 6:5
the geographical earth is container of wickedness and to add thoughts of perverted kind.

I know that Jesus and the father were hurt by Adam, but from Jesus to Jonah and Adam it seems far fetched.

No the father was never in wrath with Jesus but both are very angry against all those who make Jesus suffer and those will end: "cursed every man attached to the stake".

My hope is an incoming very sudden change on earth where-when death will be no more.

Jun 16, 2019
Jesus was in agony; it was a very important fight.
The true nature (medical or symbol?) of the drops of blood is unclear to me.

Jun 16, 2019
It's my language problem because in Italian"remained" only means "was for a period of some time" and it has no meaning of "staying in said state for ever".

Mar 28, 2016
I will reply to your last intervention later.

From Jonah's viewpoint he passed in the belly only a single NIGHTMARE.

The nights and days are from God's viewpoint.
Both have a living suffering applied as the three days and nights.

Heart of the earth beginning in the garden of Gethsemane is the same as belly of the whale .A living working suffering the pangs of hell

The parable in the Old testemtment (Jonas) as to it spiritual understanding meaning must be applied to the new testament parable. Three is used throughout the Bible to denote a end of the matter.

Matthew 12:40For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Mar 28, 2016
The earth is mankind in many bible sentences.
The earthly man is mankind ruined by Adam.

Earthen vessels meant, in the context, where to store and protect said treasure from the dangers of II Cor. 4:8.

Jonah was not separated from god in fact in the belly remembers that god has just saved his life and ends: "Salvation belongs to Jehovah".

Gen 6:5
the geographical earth is container of wickedness and to add thoughts of perverted kind.

I know that Jesus and the father were hurt by Adam, but from Jesus to Jonah and Adam it seems far fetched.

No the father was never in wrath with Jesus but both are very angry against all those who make Jesus suffer and those will end: "cursed every man attached to the stake".

My hope is an incoming very sudden change on earth where-when death will be no more.
Jonas was saved on the third day just as Christ. Both cried out. Both were strengthened as a mutual work of salvation. Two persons are accredited in work in perfect submission to one another. The father and the Son in order to bring a finished work that surpasses all human understanding.

The father striking the Son in Isaiah 53 .The father strengthened the Son and he cried out again and was delivered .