As singles what are the things we should know before getting married.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chidiano

The singles want to learn things that will help them to sustain their future families, please give your advice.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Don't get married.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Don't get married.
Ha!

There's this one friend of mine at church, he's younger than I am, but he's not quite as physically active. He is also married and he recently made a big deal about how tiny and unreadable my "World's Smallest Android Phone" is.

A couple of weeks ago I said, "Colton, I got a question. I'm 39 and you're 24... and you're already married and I've never even been on a date yet... and I never see you run anywhere but sometimes I sprint out to my car just for the fun of running... and you can't read the screen on this phone I use... tell me, how did you get so much older than I am?"

He rolled his eyes and said "Getting married will do that to you."

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
The singles want to learn things that will help them to
sustain their future families, please give your advice.
Stay out of debt, and marry someone who is willing to do the same.
Don't buy anything you don't already have the money for,
e.g., wedding, vacations, cars, college, clothes, toys, etc.
Meticulously budget your money and live by that budget.
Rent the cheapest thing you can stand to live in
while you save for a down payment on a house.
When it's time to buy a house, put down at least 20%,
and mortgage no longer than 15 years at a fixed rate.
This should be the only time in your life you borrow money,
and you should borrow only the minimum amount you need.
Don't buy the newest nicest house for your first home.
You work you way up to that, and if you do it right, you'll pay cash for it.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Every marriage will have it's struggles. Honesty is the best policy. Never go to bed mad. Really get to know each other's strengths and weakness, as it is important to be each other's crutch. Be there for each other. Have date nights, never forget to do the little things for each other. It's not as important who wins each argument as it is to reconcile and agree to disagree, but learn to compromise. Don't be afraid to work on your marriage together. Go to couples retreats and learn how to work things out together..

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Figure out who you are before trying to subject someone else to who you are.

Figure out if you TRULY want to be married and have children, or if you just think you do because "it's what everyone else does".

Hold your spouse to their standards, not yours. If you hold someone to your standards, you've guaranteed yourself to be disappointed.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
It sucks being single and alone, you find a good woman, you hold on to her, cleave to her, love honour and cherish her.
Don't ever let her go. Because good women are hard to find and exceptional ones are extreamly rare, You find a woman worth her weight in gold, you have a very exceptional woman worth spending the rest of your life with.

Sep 25, 2017
That you are making a vow before God and man that it’s till death do you part.

Sep 25, 2017
What you marry is what you’ll have the rest of your life. Me, I got blessed. 61 yr and same wife.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Pr 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

The Lord provides the wife in His time.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Sep 25, 2017
I prayed for mine and God spoke to a farmer in KN and five years later I got my answer so I married her. Her father had one of the best farms in the state. Go finger.

Dec 28, 2016
According to the Green Bay Packers, the holder of the registered trademark ot that logo, it does.
Lol. Bro it doesn't. Most don't know and only assume. It doesn't stand for Green Bay.