Ashes of Love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Ive written hundreds of emails. You just bring your complaints, concerns, and/or compliments to them. I am not here to put words in your mouth, just your brain.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Article V

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Note the second way to amend. Through the state reps, not congress. There are already many states on board.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Okay, so we can amend the constitution.

You're going to have to spell this out, because I don't see what is wrong with article V.

Are you wanting to push an amendment, and use the reps to get it through?

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Article V is beautiful. It puts power so close to us common folk, just amazing really.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The only message I want to send to Congress, any of them, is "stop acting like the other party is The Enemy. When elephants (and donkeys) fight, it is the grass that suffers. Chill out and start at least pretending to try to get something accomplished for a change."

So yeah, you're gonna have to tell me what kind of change we're pushing for here. And I'm not too smart about politics, so use small words.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Ok mr devils advocate. Then say what you need to say, with little words. And remember, our whole system is based on limiting the scope, power, and size of the government.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
animal farm is a great book, if you need a homework assignment.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
1984 was better. Animal Farm was just a repeat of 1984, with a different skin. He should have used Animal Farm to say something new instead of the same thing.

I'm not playing devil's advocate. I'm asking you what the goal is. If there's a problem, how are we going to fix it?

In this case, what message are you wanting to push to Congress?

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
I thought the poem was about the love you've lost.... I felt sad when i read The poem... I was thinking I wish you got the chance to tell her about your feelings... I wish she knew how precious she was to you...I wish she knew how much she meant to you...

But It was beautiful...😊

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
1984 was better. Animal Farm was just a repeat of 1984, with a different skin. He should have used Animal Farm to say something new instead of the same thing.

I'm not playing devil's advocate. I'm asking you what the goal is. If there's a problem, how are we going to fix it?

In this case, what message are you wanting to push to Congress?

COSAction (conventionofstates.com)

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
balanced budget, term limits, and if possible, election reform.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
The poem is a description of lady justice, which is now deaf and mute.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
balanced budget, term limits, and if possible, election reform.
Writng to a congressman about term limits and election reform would be like trying to get a baker to join an anti gluten protest.

Mind you, I'm not saying these things are not needed. I'm just saying I don't think this avenue will be effective. It is against their own best interests.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I knew it!

Before I clicked on that link I said to myself, "With a name like "Project Truth (Veritas)" it will be a conspiracy site with a black background and a lot of hilariously over-the-top claims about various famous people lying."

And I was right! Man, I'm good!

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
shoulda ignored you a long time ago

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
no, you are an idiot.
Oh come on! Surely you can think of something more interesting to call me. "Idiot" is so... generic. It's like the F word - everybody uses it so much that it has lost all punch.

Couldn't you at least stretch to "ignoramus" or something? It's not a personalized insult, but it would be better than the nothing that "idiot" is.