Ask and It Shall Be Given - Seek and Ye Shall Find

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
“5 And He said unto them (a continuance of the explanation regarding prayer), Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves (a meager request);

6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? (We as Believers must give the Message of Eternal Life to all of mankind, but the truth is, within ourselves, we have nothing to give.)

7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you (an obvious denial).

8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needs (the argument of this Parable is that if a sufficiency for daily need can, by importunity, i.e., “persistence,” be obtained from an unwilling source, how much more from a willing Giver, Which and Who is the Lord).

9 And I say unto you (telling us how to approach the Lord for whatever we need), Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you (all of this speaks of persistence and guarantees a positive answer, at least if it’s in the Will of God).

10 For every one who asks receives; and he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks it shall be opened (he says “everyone,” and that includes you!).

11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you who is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him (an egg containing) a scorpion?

13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children (means that an earthly parent certainly would not give a child a stone who has asked for bread, etc.): how much more shall your Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them who ask Him? (This refers to God’s Goodness, and the fact that everything from the Godhead comes to us through the Person and Agency of the Holy Spirit; and all that He does for us is based upon the Cross of Christ, and our Faith in that Finished Work.)” Luke 11

JSM

Sep 3, 2016
“5 And He said unto them (a continuance of the explanation regarding prayer), Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves (a meager request);

6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? (We as Believers must give the Message of Eternal Life to all of mankind, but the truth is, within ourselves, we have nothing to give.)

7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you (an obvious denial).

8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needs (the argument of this Parable is that if a sufficiency for daily need can, by importunity, i.e., “persistence,” be obtained from an unwilling source, how much more from a willing Giver, Which and Who is the Lord).

9 And I say unto you (telling us how to approach the Lord for whatever we need), Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you (all of this speaks of persistence and guarantees a positive answer, at least if it’s in the Will of God).

10 For every one who asks receives; and he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks it shall be opened (he says “everyone,” and that includes you!).

11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you who is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him (an egg containing) a scorpion?

13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children (means that an earthly parent certainly would not give a child a stone who has asked for bread, etc.): how much more shall your Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them who ask Him? (This refers to God’s Goodness, and the fact that everything from the Godhead comes to us through the Person and Agency of the Holy Spirit; and all that He does for us is based upon the Cross of Christ, and our Faith in that Finished Work.)” Luke 11

JSM
For every one who asks receives; and he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks it shall be opened (he says “everyone,” and that includes you!).

It may be midnight...but keep asking, seeking, and knocking...the Lord does give out of season fruit.

Jan 17, 2020
My comment (Post #37) was in reference to your claim that the information I provided previously was opinion. (Your post #38) What was provided is scripture outlining the different records that apply to receiving the Holy Ghost. And the ones that pertain to receiving gifts given by the Holy Ghost. (Post #35)
It still must pass through an apostle's hands. John was the last apostle.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Just another fine example of how men seek their own glory.

Most Christians are so far from the Christ who died for them they have lost sight of the truly important things.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Most Christians are so far from the Christ who died for them they have lost sight of the truly important things.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
And you know this because you know "most Christians" personally?

What utter self-righteous rot.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
I’m very reluctant to believe the testimonies of any new Apostolic movement. Once the “Speaking in tongues” is interjected I call into question the validity of the claim. We have the Bible as God’s given revelation for man already.
See post 32. The Apostle Paul points to the fact that speaking in tongues is in fact our prayer language. While the Spiritual gift of tongues for edification of members of the church. Notice Paul states speaking in tongues in church should only be done when someone with the gift of interpretation is present to share the message.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
It still must pass through an apostle's hands. John was the last apostle.
The Word expresses otherwise.

A matter is established where a concept is seen in at least 2 or 3 witnesses within the biblical record. Two times God poured out His Spirit spontaneously. (Acts 2, 10) And two times He did so upon the laying on of an Apostles hands. This is evidence that God can and does pour out His Spirit as He see fit.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Did you by chance read the thread? Receiving the spontaneous infilling of the Holy Ghost can hardly be seen as seeking glory. The individuals were seeking a stronger relationship with Jesus. The group was actually shocked when they were filled and began speaking in tongues. Their church denomination taught against what is clearly seen in the Word.

Jan 17, 2020
The Word expresses otherwise.

A matter is established where a concept is seen in at least 2 or 3 witnesses within the biblical record. Two times God poured out His Spirit spontaneously. (Acts 2, 10) And two times He did so upon the laying on of an Apostles hands. This is evidence that God can and does pour out His Spirit as He see fit.
Jesus walked on water. This is evidence anyone can?

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Jesus walked on water. This is evidence anyone can?
As you are well aware, your comment has no relevance to what was pointed out regarding receiving the Holy Ghost.

The bible record shows people received God's Holy Spirit with and without the laying on of apostle's hands on at least 2 occasions each. This is confirmation of Godly principles.

Jan 17, 2020
As you are well aware your comment has no relevance to what was pointed out regarding receiving the Holy Ghost.

The bible record shows people received God's Holy Spirit with and without the laying on of apostle's hands on at least 2 occasions each. This is confirmation of Godly principles.
Only in the two outpourings.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Only in the two outpourings.
That's the point.
Two outpourings occurred this confirms that this is one way God provides His Spirit to mankind.
Two times apostles laid hands upon people and they received it. This proves God does it that way sometimes.

Also, Luke 13:11 states if a person wants the gift they can pray for it, and God will give it.

Jan 17, 2020
That's the point.
Two outpourings occurred this confirms that this is one way God provides His Spirit to mankind.
Two times apostles laid hands upon people and they received it. This proves God does it that way sometimes.

Also, Luke 13:11 states if a person wants the gift they can pray for it, and God will give it.
You are engineering them to fit your ideas.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
You are engineering them to fit your ideas.
All anyone can do is plant and/or water the seed of the Word. Pray about it, because God is the only one that can give increase in understanding.

May God Bless.