Ask, Seek, Knock

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." —Matthew 7:7

Back in the 1990s, there were Magic Eye posters everywhere. Magic Eye posters look like a patterned image, but there is a hidden 3D image inside that pattern. It is some type of stereogram optical illusion. For some reason, everyone around me saw the 3D image immediately. They talked about how cool it was to see. Meanwhile, I could not see it no matter how hard I tried. I stared at it and tried their tricks and tips to no avail. Then one day, I finally saw it without really trying hard at all. Suddenly, I could not help but see the hidden images.

I have often thought how much this mirrors my walk with God. Everyone had talked about how great Jesus was, but I saw absolutely nothing. Then one day, I met Him for myself. In fact after that point, it would have been impossible to unsee Him. Now I am in agreement with the others. God is beyond great and well worth serving.

If you keep hearing about how Jesus is so amazing, but you haven't seen anything so far....don't give up seeking Him. Tell the Lord you want to meet Him. Seek Him out in prayer. No one will be able to stop you from becoming a committed Christian.