Assembling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Stupid question.
You are just trying to justify disobeying what the Bible teaches.

The church at Jerusalem met daily.
The churches that Paul taught met on a regular basis.
It seems that the example is to meet on a regular basis, as often as possible.
Meeting on a regular basis is one of the easiest commands to follow.
Why do you ignore the command.

Romans 14: 10-14 (KJV) Paul teaching here:

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

I feel it is "good" for you spoonJuly, to hunger for "you yourself", in your wanting to assemble. And? If you are speaking to a "new to the faith" believers? This is good, also! For the new to faith believers "should not" forsake the assembling of fellow believers!

I also feel I should issue a warning to you as well. In your "proclamations" in claiming EVERYONE, young believer, or old, MUST assemble? You are, or have disregarded verse 14! And, in doing so? Have, or are "attempting to" pass judgement, onto those of whom you have NO KNOWLEDGE (Aye!! Definately, a problem in one's discerning "construction zones" travelling the information super high way), concerning "their" standing, and/or walk with Christ, let alone the "condition" of a man's/woman's "SPIRIT", and God's SPIRIT, In His "striving WITH" man's/woman's spirit (Genesis 6:3a)! Not to be confused with the "gift" of the Holy Spirit, which can be "grieved!" (Ephesians 4:30-32) When "this" is done? You are in danger of, if not having already done so, forsaking a "piece", no matter HOW MINISCULE, of "that", which one has been "sealed!" Replacing it, instead of, with a "tradition of man/woman!" Not that this, in and of itself eliminates "Salvation?" God forbid! But, it has and does, "stunt" a "more perfecting", or maturation, of the "saints, and elect!" A void, which MUST be filled! While the believer will say: "I CAN'T fill this void!" Jesus sez "You've been FORGIVEN!" "Your "heart" IS circumcised "HERE!" "Go onwards TO "Our Father!" "HE CAN!" "And yea! WANTS to help you, in picking UP your (own) cross (becoming even more circumcised! Not JUST your heart! But, your "Spirit" also!) You can read in 1 Corinthians 13:b, what happens when "love" (agapeo) is in the heart, but doesn't make it to ones' spriit! (insert friends, family, occupation, cars, house, pets, etc. HERE) Either singly, or in an "assemblying!" "CESSATION OF THE GIFTS!" It is clamored! (traditions of man) "The Bible, (insert whatever translation, or version HERE!) is THE INERRANT WORD OF GOD!" (traditions of man)

So, when one sees one, that doesn't participate in "assembling?" And, while it may well be, an honorable "act" of curiosity? After viewing ones' responses? The believer, if one wishes to keep from creating a void, or widening a void (God FORBID!), must "ACCEPT" the responder "at their word!" Considering verse 14 of Romans. That which one might see as "willfully sinning?" May well be considered as "willfully sinning" BY "assembling!"

(personal testimony) Ya know? After I had answered "the call"("FINALLY!", Jesus exclaimed), and AFTER I had "walked away" from "a habit", that was "deemed" acts attributable towards righteousness! And AFTER, God grabbed me by the short hairs on the nape of my neck. ASSURING He HAD my attention! Telling me, while He still had my short hairs: "You've TRIED YOUR WAY!" "NOW, I'm gonna show you MY WAY!" And, AFTER, I had tripped all over myself, running round, enrolling in home study courses from Moody Bible Institute. And after, having turned in my first assignment, and starting on the 2nd? He said to me "You want "them" to teach you?" Or, you want ME to teach you?" The BEST $500.00 I ever blew!

NayborBear

Hebrews 5:9 is often misinterpreted by works-salvationists, including Roman Catholics. Only believers have obeyed Him by choosing to believe the gospel (Romans 1:16) in order to become saved, and only believers obey Him after they have been saved through faith (1 John 3:7-10). In either sense, only believers obey Him.

Unbelievers have not obeyed Him by refusing to believe the gospel (Romans 10:16) and without faith its impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6), so unbelievers do not obey Him no matter how much "so called" obedience that they attempt to conjure up through the flesh in a vain effort to receive salvation by works (Matthew 7:22-23). So in either sense, unbelievers do not obey Him.

Those who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ have obeyed Him and have received the Holy Spirit (Acts 11:17,18; 16:31). Choosing to believe the gospel is the act of obedience that saves. Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?" Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes.

That is when we receive the Holy Spirit. *Ephesians 1:13 - In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise.

Hebrews 5:8-14 Paul teaching.

8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Addressing the "works-slavationest" view.

It is NOT works for salvation! Although, for the unsaved, it actually IS "works", or effort, that is required for one to even "believe", or, "effort" in the allowing oneself to "be persuaded", and then again, "accept" Christ for the forgiveness of their sin!

The "works FOR salvation, or "more salvation" is misleading (and, another tradition of man), and SHOULD be read, or spoken, or taught: "works for perfecting, or maturing!" For those wishing to mature from milk TO meat!

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
Right. So instead of Church the bible should say ekklesia. There are two many bodies, all over the earth. Too many different doctrines. Is Christ divided?
No. Christ is all. People are divided. Are we surprised? We were divided before he came. Now we're divided because it is a huge invitation for the ego that is not assuaged by baptism. To claim we , that one doctrinal path people follow and whatever it is called. Be it Protestantism and all labels under that umbrella or non-denominational, are loved by God best. Being scriptures call us his elect.
And then in the doctrinal matter, like Calvinism, Arminianism, which are always at odd's, Methodist, and all the rest, to proclaim we , in that group of choice, are the only ones that know the right way to salvation.

We're divided. God just watches it all unfold.

P

pjharrison

No. Christ is all. People are divided. Are we surprised? We were divided before he came. Now we're divided because it is a huge invitation for the ego that is not assuaged by baptism. To claim we , that one doctrinal path people follow and whatever it is called. Be it Protestantism and all labels under that umbrella or non-denominational, are loved by God best. Being scriptures call us his elect.
And then in the doctrinal matter, like Calvinism, Arminianism, which are always at odd's, Methodist, and all the rest, to proclaim we , in that group of choice, are the only ones that know the right way to salvation.

We're divided. God just watches it all unfold.
But Christ is not divided. So the division is wrong. That's why I came out of the churches. When I did, that's when I started to learn things of God. I learn by things that I go through. When the holy spirit teach you, it sticks with you because you live it. It's like a child being taught not to do something, sometimes you have to let them see for themselves.

S

SpoonJuly

Romans 14: 10-14 (KJV) Paul teaching here:

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

I feel it is "good" for you spoonJuly, to hunger for "you yourself", in your wanting to assemble. And? If you are speaking to a "new to the faith" believers? This is good, also! For the new to faith believers "should not" forsake the assembling of fellow believers!

I also feel I should issue a warning to you as well. In your "proclamations" in claiming EVERYONE, young believer, or old, MUST assemble? You are, or have disregarded verse 14! And, in doing so? Have, or are "attempting to" pass judgement, onto those of whom you have NO KNOWLEDGE (Aye!! Definately, a problem in one's discerning "construction zones" travelling the information super high way), concerning "their" standing, and/or walk with Christ, let alone the "condition" of a man's/woman's "SPIRIT", and God's SPIRIT, In His "striving WITH" man's/woman's spirit (Genesis 6:3a)! Not to be confused with the "gift" of the Holy Spirit, which can be "grieved!" (Ephesians 4:30-32) When "this" is done? You are in danger of, if not having already done so, forsaking a "piece", no matter HOW MINISCULE, of "that", which one has been "sealed!" Replacing it, instead of, with a "tradition of man/woman!" Not that this, in and of itself eliminates "Salvation?" God forbid! But, it has and does, "stunt" a "more perfecting", or maturation, of the "saints, and elect!" A void, which MUST be filled! While the believer will say: "I CAN'T fill this void!" Jesus sez "You've been FORGIVEN!" "Your "heart" IS circumcised "HERE!" "Go onwards TO "Our Father!" "HE CAN!" "And yea! WANTS to help you, in picking UP your (own) cross (becoming even more circumcised! Not JUST your heart! But, your "Spirit" also!) You can read in 1 Corinthians 13:b, what happens when "love" (agapeo) is in the heart, but doesn't make it to ones' spriit! (insert friends, family, occupation, cars, house, pets, etc. HERE) Either singly, or in an "assemblying!" "CESSATION OF THE GIFTS!" It is clamored! (traditions of man) "The Bible, (insert whatever translation, or version HERE!) is THE INERRANT WORD OF GOD!" (traditions of man)

So, when one sees one, that doesn't participate in "assembling?" And, while it may well be, an honorable "act" of curiosity? After viewing ones' responses? The believer, if one wishes to keep from creating a void, or widening a void (God FORBID!), must "ACCEPT" the responder "at their word!" Considering verse 14 of Romans. That which one might see as "willfully sinning?" May well be considered as "willfully sinning" BY "assembling!"

(personal testimony) Ya know? After I had answered "the call"("FINALLY!", Jesus exclaimed), and AFTER I had "walked away" from "a habit", that was "deemed" acts attributable towards righteousness! And AFTER, God grabbed me by the short hairs on the nape of my neck. ASSURING He HAD my attention! Telling me, while He still had my short hairs: "You've TRIED YOUR WAY!" "NOW, I'm gonna show you MY WAY!" And, AFTER, I had tripped all over myself, running round, enrolling in home study courses from Moody Bible Institute. And after, having turned in my first assignment, and starting on the 2nd? He said to me "You want "them" to teach you?" Or, you want ME to teach you?" The BEST $500.00 I ever blew!
Your post are very hard to read and understand.

As for Romans 14:10-14, your application is totally out of context.

NayborBear

Your post are very hard to read and understand.

As for Romans 14:10-14, your application is totally out of context.

I have already prayed that you might more fully understand Paul's teaching's. Via the Father and God of Jesus Christ, of whom Paul was chosen to Preach/Teach the GOOD NEWS unto the gentiles, that upon "believing and accepting This SAME Jesus, might impart upon one, that grace through their faith IN this SAME Jesus, SHALL forgive your sin/s!" That is to say "laying "ones' CROSS" (OF which, we ALL have our own crosses) "AT THE FEET" of this SAME Jesus! So that Jesus' prayer unto His Father, would be true! Inasmuch, as He gave THANKS, for those whom The Father GAVE Him! In the "earnest HOPE", that, a believers' sin, which has been forgiven, might "one day", pick UP their OWN cross. "Working OUT their (own) "salvation" with with fear and trembling?" GOD FORBID!

And, in doing so, becomes increasingly cognizant, that the "assembly" one is attending, BECOMES more of a HINDRANCE, and BURDEN, then an aid for furthering spiritual growth, thus, taking "leave", of such assembly, is, in your opinion, "willfully sinning?" Is it STILL willfully sinning , should a person who has hidden oneself in ones' closet, only to be rewarded in "public", be "condemned?"

Sounds to me, like you are condemning those, who are "in their closets", DEMANDING they "COME OUT" and take TO the "traditions of man!" A little wisdom, I shall try to impart with you here. If the Nation of Israel, "God's CHOSEN PEOPLE", "succumbed" to "traditions of man", as Jesus so correctly stated. How much MORE, are we gentiles, so "STEEPED" in tradition/s of man, in viewing ourselves as being so EXEMPT from "tradition!" And, "we?" Just being "grafted!?"

Dec 12, 2013
You want to keep the ten commandments but not the command to assemble.
Pick and choose, pick and choose.
Not keeping the ten commands is sin but failure to assemble is not sin "accord to the gospel of Ralph"
AMEN.....the point of Hebrews....those who forsake the assembling themselves together as the manner of some count the blood of Jesus a common ordinary base thing and trample under foot the Son of God....but then again...one who sells Jesus, his power, his promises and his ability to save to the uttermost by the faith that he began, sustains, finishes and completes....what can we expect from such a person when it comes to assembling...Not a thing......!!

Dec 12, 2013
The words of Christ and the words of Moses have little variance.
Well.....John was inspired to write something that contradicts your view....but to give you the verse would do no good because you would sweep it under the table as you have done with the hundreds of verses that have been used in context by the plethora of people who have stood against your false gospel.....you are really setting us all straight alright......HAHAHA WOW!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
AMEN.....the point of Hebrews....those who forsake the assembling themselves together as the manner of some count the blood of Jesus a common ordinary base thing and trample under foot the Son of God....but then again...one who sells Jesus, his power, his promises and his ability to save to the uttermost by the faith that he began, sustains, finishes and completes....what can we expect from such a person when it comes to assembling...Not a thing......!!
could you please rephrase that last sentence dc?

Dec 12, 2013
Well.....John was inspired to write something that contradicts your view....but to give you the verse would do no good because you would sweep it under the table as you have done with the hundreds of verses that have been used in context by the plethora of people who have stood against your false gospel.....you are really setting us all straight alright......HAHAHA WOW!
AMEN.....the point of Hebrews....those who forsake the assembling themselves together as the manner of some count the blood of Jesus a common ordinary base thing and trample under foot the Son of God....but then again...one who sells OUT* Jesus, his power, his promises and his ability to save to the uttermost by the faith that he began, sustains, finishes and completes....what can we expect from such a person when it comes to assembling...Not a thing......!!
OUT* <---fixed too late to edit and add word...

Dec 12, 2013
could you please rephrase that last sentence dc?
What part? and what are you asking bro

My point....A man who will throw Jesus, his power, his promises and words under the bus to peddle a losable salvation cannot be expected to put much stock in assembling for the honor, praise and worship of God.....

R

Ralph-

I have a general rule to not debate matters of the faith with those who I consider to be an unbeliever but feel free to show me what John wrote that contradicts what I said about what Moses said and what Jesus said having little variance. I'm guessing you're going to reach for .John 1:17. But what I need from you is for you to show me how what Moses spoke and what Jesus spoke are more than just a little varied from each other.

R

Ralph-

A man who will throw Jesus, his power, his promises and words under the bus....
That's called 'unbelief'. That's what the Galatians were doing--throwing the promises and power of God under the bus. But you are sure they are still saved even though they were throwing the promise and power of Jesus under the bus in unbelief. That's not even remotely true.

Paul told them they can't abandon the power and promise and word of God in salvation in unbelief and still have salvation. You lose salvation if you do that. Paul plainly explained this to the Galatians. No one who does not continue in faith in Christ for justification has any inheritance along with those who do have faith in Christ for justification. He plainly told them that. But you claim they do.

Dec 12, 2013
That's called 'unbelief'. That's what the Galatians were doing--throwing the promises and power of God under the bus. But you are sure they are still saved even though they were throwing the promise and power of Jesus under the bus in unbelief. That's not even remotely true.

Paul told them they can't abandon the power and promise and word of God in salvation in unbelief and still have salvation. You lose salvation if you do that. Paul plainly explained this to the Galatians. No one who does not continue in faith in Christ for justification has any inheritance along with those who do have faith in Christ for justification. He plainly told them that. But you claim they do.
No, actually that was directed at you......by your I can lose salvation and must maintain it until the end or die lost <--false and does the following.....

dcontroversal said:

Dec 12, 2013
I have a general rule to not debate matters of the faith with those who I consider to be an unbeliever but feel free to show me what John wrote that contradicts what I said about what Moses said and what Jesus said having little variance. I'm guessing you're going to reach for .John 1:17. But what I need from you is for you to show me how what Moses spoke and what Jesus spoke are more than just a little varied from each other.
That alleviates you talking and debating with and or to yourself in a mirror hey? HAHAHAHHAHA

R

Ralph-

No, actually that was directed at you......by your I can lose salvation and must maintain it until the end or die lost <--false and does the following.....

dcontroversal said:
Throwing Jesus, his power, his promises and words under the bus is called 'unbelief', but according to your doctrine the person who does that is still saved. That's the point I'm making. Don't you see it?

You have a most meaningless doctrine of salvation where belief and unbelief do not matter. Yet you bully people who you say are in the unbelief of 'another' gospel.

Dec 12, 2013
Throwing Jesus, his power, his promises and words under the bus is called 'unbelief', but according to your doctrine the person who does that is still saved. That's the point I'm making. Don't you see it?

You have a most meaningless doctrine of salvation where belief and unbelief do not matter. Yet you bully people who you say are in the unbelief of 'another' gospel.
No, you don't make that point....bully....HAHAH are you 14 in high school?

Those who say salvation can be lost like a dime in the park do the following...

dcontroversal said:

Dec 12, 2013
But unbelief does not matter in your doctrine. Did you forget?
I forgot nothing...JESUS begins, finishes and COMPLETES the work of faith....<---You say he cannot finish and complete it......I say HE keeps his words and promises...yea....it is obvious who is the actual believer and who is not!