Assembling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ralph-

No, you don't make that point....bully....HAHAH are you 14 in high school?

Those who say salvation can be lost like a dime in the park do the following...

dcontroversal said:
A man who will throw Jesus, his power, his promises and words under the bus....
Show us that Galatians is NOT teaching that abandoning faith in Christ (throwing him under the bus in unbelief) will result in losing the promise of the inheritance, the Holy Spirit. Or at the very least show us that a person who loses the Holy Spirit is still saved. Can you do that?

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
Even when we assemble with two or three in a building, house, or under a tree, God will be there if our purpose is to learn and glorify Him.
No CHURCH building necessary.
True, but heat, AC, and indoor plumbing are sure nice:);)

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
True, but heat, AC, and indoor plumbing are sure nice:);)
AMEN!
She says when it is 90 degrees outside and high humidity. But not indoors! Praise God for Carrier. :D
My grandparents lived in the mountains when I was very young before the family built them a modern house. No plumbing, outhouse only, no heat but for the woodstove and fireplace. And the only AC was when all the windows and doors were open.
We don't know how good we have it until we go primitive as that.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Meh.

You mean my failure to find a church.

I have not found a church that is serving the purpose of meeting together. I have no obligation whatsoever to attend a church that is not serving God's purpose for the meeting of the saints just for the sake of being able to say I assembled with other believers.
If you cannot FIND a church, then perhaps God is leading you to START one... assembly with other believers is extremely important. Without it, you are simply an ear laying on the ground... we are to be a body, not an ear.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
One of the best assembly's I ever entered was in a Unitarian church in Florida. It was designed to be an octagonal structure , a series of interconnected domes set in a woodland near a stream. The church folk leased it out to all faiths and ours happened to be a rather intimate number in Bible study. It was glorious. All women in study of the word together. The central location ideal for all of us so that we didn't have to make a long drive.

R

Ralph-

If you cannot FIND a church, then perhaps God is leading you to START one...
I've thought about it for years but have pretty much given up on it. I attended a non-traditional church many years ago and have never found another one since. I know there are Christians hungry for something more than the traditional church meeting who would eat it up if they just knew about it and experienced it.

R

Ralph-

One of the best assembly's I ever entered was in a Unitarian church in Florida. ... All women in study of the word together.
The best assemblies are more like controlled, open Bible studies, with prayer and praise and worship added. The key is to have open discussion of the word and interaction that stirs up the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the congregation.

16 "From him (Jesus) the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. "-Ephesians 4:16

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
What part? and what are you asking bro

My point....A man who will throw Jesus, his power, his promises and words under the bus to peddle a losable salvation cannot be expected to put much stock in assembling for the honor, praise and worship of God.....
EGADZ!!.....Here we go again! The "old" "Works = Salvation" straw man argument!

You would be correct, should you have said "Works = Spiritual maturity (called perfecting of the saints, or as Paul stated "KEEPING one's ELECTION Assured!")

"Works?! (effort/s)" Has NOTHING to do with SALVATION! NONE! WHATSOEVER!!

"WORKS! (effort/s)" Has EVERYTHING to do with "Spiritual MATURITY!" EVERYTHING!!

In "combining" these 2 FACTS? Which ARE, TWO "SEPARATE ISSUES? You MISLEAD! Either intentionally (you shall be punished...but, not by "me!"), or ignorantly (you CAN be HEALED, and BECOME mature!)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

You would be correct, should you have said "Works = Spiritual maturity (called perfecting of the saints, or as Paul stated "KEEPING one's ELECTION Assured!")

"WORKS! (effort/s)" Has EVERYTHING to do with "Spiritual MATURITY!" EVERYTHING!!

In "combining" these 2 FACTS? Which ARE, TWO "SEPARATE ISSUES? You MISLEAD! Either intentionally (you shall be punished...but, not by "me!"), or ignorantly (you CAN be HEALED, and BECOME mature!)
GRACE I SAY! Grace--An undeserved favor or gift; the undeserved forgiveness, kindness and mercy that God gives us. Eph 2:6 it is by grace you have been saved.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
GRACE I SAY! Grace--An undeserved favor or gift; the undeserved forgiveness, kindness and mercy that God gives us. Eph 2:6 it is by grace you have been saved.

......and, God's Grace IS good! As far as God's Grace goes when it comes to a saving faith for becoming SAVED!

And, when you are saved? Faith WITHOUT works = DEAD!? As in "spiritually dead." Gets TOSSED? Does this equal LOSS OF SALVATION?....GOD FORBID!....Long as you're "sucking air?"....Your SOUL is saved! How MUCH of YOUR "spirit" is saved with YOUR soul? Is the so called "elephant in the room", that no one wants to bother addressing! Or? Strives in combining one's being SAVED, as BEING "spiritually perfect, or mature!" THIS?...Is NOT the case! Why else would so MANY of the writer's of the N.T., when teaching, refer to ALREADY SAVED believers, as "little children", or "DULL of HEARING?" or, "looking through a dark glass dimly!" If they weren't REFERRING to spiritual maturity? What COULD have these writer's actually been speaking/teaching about?

But?....We are starting to cross over the "thresh hold" of "CESSATIONISM!" A "tradition of man" teaching, that is not without some merit. Because of the "Prophecy" in the old testament, as well as in some of Paul's teachings concerning the "famine of the end times", or not having the ability of enduring SOUND doctrine! Not for food, nor water! But, for HEARING the WORD of GOD! And, how CAN one hear, PAST the vanity of one's own heart? Spiritual maturity! This MAKES room for one's heart to be circumcised even MORE!

Hwebrews 4:12-16 (KJV)
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Finding mercy to obtain Grace? This ISN'T referring to "salvation!" This is referring to keeping one's spirit as large as one can grow it? WITH the soul to whom God placed with it! Which has NOTHING to do with salvation!

Thing is, with this "cessationism" teaching? We are not TAUGHT how NEEDY we actually are! And, that the "author and finisher" of our faith? Has written "the end!" When, in all actuallity? He's just "started" sharpening His pencil! He WANTS to "write", a WHOLE lot more! And? He WILL! Should one be SO bold as to go BEFORE HIM, and ask!

But, even THIS, is "seen" by cessationists, as the pot telling the potter: "Why am I like this?" Definatly, a "no go" zone!

Or? As God told Paul? "My Grace is SUFFICIENT for thee!" Where Paul even "wrote" that he had inquired of the potter, more then "several" times, concerning his OWN pot!

Lesson learned, eh? Don't bother asking? GOD FORBID!

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
The best assemblies are more like controlled, open Bible studies, with prayer and praise and worship added. The key is to have open discussion of the word and interaction that stirs up the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the congregation.

16 "From him (Jesus) the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. "-Ephesians 4:16

Thank you for sharing your own experiences in assembly. :)

Dec 12, 2013

You must be as dense as lead.....go ask everybody who knows me and what I stand for....you will see that your bolded statements above are based upon ignorance pal....get your facts straight before you mouth....I have never said nor implied the bolded above....

Dec 12, 2013
You should have corrected his mouthy statements because I have never implied and or stated the rigmarole he accused me of.....

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Dcon and I sometimes disagree on various things. However, he has NEVER said salvation is by works. In fact, the exact opposite.

I really don't believe what is passing for posts these days!

Repeat: Dcon does NOT believe in salvation by works. He has a whole thread he started on this going into thousands of pages, that salvation is by grace. It is called "Not By Works."

Sheesh!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
You should have corrected his mouthy statements because I have never implied and or stated the rigmarole he accused me of.....
i'm sorry i don't all way follow entire threads and i've been hearin' faith vs works since Carter was president. I wasn't taking sides but god granted us grace before we had faith in anything, even before time itself and i doubt that anyone without faith does any good works for salvation so i butted in, beat my fist on the table and shouted GRACE, grace before all else. then comes faith then works!

We've been communicating long enough for me to know that you don't need my help. i just had a point to make if it werrn't for grace all of the faith and works in the world wouldn't save anyone! peace?

Dec 12, 2013
Dcon and I sometimes disagree on various things. However, he has NEVER said salvation is by works. In fact, the exact opposite.

Repeat: Dcon does NOT believe in salvation by works. He has a whole thread he started on this going into thousands of pages, that salvation is by grace. It is called "Not By Works."

Sheesh!
Thanks....appreciate it.....

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Lest we forget? There are many a home church in America. :) The faithful meet in the homes of the faithful. Some groups cycle the meeting as a month of worship days and then the next members house is the meeting place.
Sort of like when the Disciples met together in the upper room.
Has there ever been identified what building it was in which Jesus and his followers did convene in that upper chamber? A rich man gave his tomb so that Christ's body could be laid to rest there. Would the upper room be in a person's own home? Is there any indication of where that upper room was in the scriptures?
I don't recall seeing this mentioned which is why I ask. It is interesting though that that upper chamber could have relevance to the introduction of the idea of home churches.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018

Sheesh!
A true learning experience though as to where the church has arrived all these thousands of years after Christ? Christ taught what salvation was and how to attain eternal life. It is written in the scriptures. And yet in the 21st century discussion among Christians as to what salvation is, when we're suppose to be saved, reach thousands of pages discussing the one amazing gift from God over 2000 years ago.
Coincidence? ;)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Lest we forget? There are many a home church in America. :) The faithful meet in the homes of the faithful. Some groups cycle the meeting as a month of worship days and then the next members house is the meeting place.
Sort of like when the Disciples met together in the upper room.
Has there ever been identified what building it was in which Jesus and his followers did convene in that upper chamber? A rich man gave his tomb so that Christ's body could be laid to rest there. Would the upper room be in a person's own home? Is there any indication of where that upper room was in the scriptures?
I don't recall seeing this mentioned which is why I ask. It is interesting though that that upper chamber could have relevance to the introduction of the idea of home churches.
i tried to send you a private message and was blocked. i am not ofended but i would like to share some things with you. i am not ashamed but i would like to share some things that i feel are beyond the comprehension of the crowd.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
i tried to send you a private message and was blocked. i am not ofended but i would like to share some things with you. i am not ashamed but i would like to share some things that i feel are beyond the comprehension of the crowd.
It isn't personal. I block PM's whenever I join a site so as to avoid SPAM that can arrive from a new member who joins and gets past the CAPTCHA in order to mass PM members.
I can't say I would have more comprehension than my sisters and brothers here. I will open the PM to receive your sending in a moment if you like.