Assessing your place on the male/female radar

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianGuru

Be sure to check out one of the 3 threads on Masturbation if you haven't already LOLOLOL!! Honestly, can you really believe that 3 threads are about this subject?

A woman spent her life, growing up with her girl-friends and match making boy to girl, girl to boy. They did this utilizing a ranking system. Who was Ken, who was Barbie. Who was Guy reject, who was Debbie downer. However, her and her friends began to strike confusion. When Ken didn't date Barbie and Barbie didn't date Ken. Ken could do much better, and Barbie could do much better. Yet, according to the ranking system her and her friends made, this should've computed. It didn't.

She went to her father, and her father gave her clarity. He stated along the lines of... maybe it's about personal taste.

This changed her life. Personal taste. Ken was just interested in someone other than Barbie. Barbie was interested in someone other than Ken. They had tastes and tastes defied the ranking system.

In life, we may get so competitive that we rule out, that people have tastes. Your way, right away at Burger King now. Two people go into Subway and order a BMT. Still, they could have the sandwhich completely differently. Personal taste.

So guys, when you start crying over some lady not being interested... it doesn't = you're a loser.. unless of course.. you might be one, jk. A lot of times it's personal taste.

Reviewing the lives of women I've dated after we've dated. I've been shocked to discover that one of them married a guy who gets completely ragged on by fellow guys. He's a geek and always gets picked on. Looking back, my entire approach with her, was I'm a college jock, who's tall, tough, cool and handsome. When it didn't work on her, this being the first christian woman I had ever dated. I was emotionally shot for a while. I told myself I should've been cooler, tougher and better. In retrospect, I should've played it like Steve Urkel.

In conclusion, look to remember that personal taste defies the social ranking system. That doesn't mean that the social ranking system is irrelevant.

May 21, 2009
How come I can't get a date? Maybe you need to change your behavoir. Change your attitude. Be someone that someone esle wants to be around. Maybe your boring. Change. Change can be good. Maybe instead of blaming all the other people you should own up and make yourself better. Why not give it a try!

Aug 2, 2009
Its not about taste, its about having the qualities that girls appreciate. Looks will only get you so far. Most guys who are good looking know it and dont appreciate women like they want to be appreciated. Guys who arent so good looking have a better chance at being the type of guy who treats a girl like she wants to be treated because they arent in love with themselves and dont grab the attention of every other girl they meet, so they have to work hard at knowing how to please a girl and keep her happy.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Heh heh heh. Yeah, ChristianGuru, I noticed all the threads about the M subject and I'm surprised someone resurrected my old thread... to the tune of 13 pages, I think, the last time I checked?! But who's counting, right? :)

Your post kind of reminds of that Taio Cruz song that's popular right now (I'm trying to break the habit of listening to most Top 40 music, but I still catch a few songs here and there in the car or whatever)-- "I'm Only Gonna Break Your Heart."

I'm not sure if this is true, but it seems a lot of especially good-looking people have this kind of attitude: "I am the bomb, I can have anyone I want, all I have to do is choose, they'll be flattered to the point of fainting when they find out I have chosen to bestow them with my presence, if even for a short time."

I know this isn't true in all cases, but I've never had the problem of guys who look like models trying to talk to me :D. Now, I HAVE had a few who AREN'T the bomb but THINK they are try to talk to me and that was amusing, at best, but not interesting in a way that made me want to get to know them... and, of course this isn't always the case as well, but I generally found that the guys who had that kind of attitude (at least, the ones I met) were also on drugs. No thanks!!! (Talk about hallucinations!)

If I ever did though, I think I'd probably run, in all honesty. I'd be pretty intimidated and would probably feel way too insecure. This is just my own personal opinion, but I'm much more at ease around "normal, everyday guys" who are down-to-earth... which is, immensely attractive, and much more comfortable to me, because in school and at heart, I always was, and probably always will be, a big geek! :p

(*Geeks everywhere, unite and stand tall, even if you're only 5'2" like me!*) ;)

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Of course its all about personal taste. Not everyone likes the same thing as you said.

Seoul A hot lady like yourself, not having guys come after you... I find that hard to believe!!

Zero your so right, your whole post.

J

Jennifleur

So THAT explains it... I don't fit anyone's personal taste. Lol. Okay, I do get the really, really weird ones (read: stalker) to show an interest, but beyond that...

Okay, not true. This really, amazingly nice guy (who was also attractive, in my opinion), came in to where I work a couple of weeks ago. After I helped him out, he asked me out. It really confused me. It had never happened before. Sadly, I was working all day, and he was only visiting from Canada, and that was the end of any inquiries about if I was available. Then again, maybe he was a serial killer and declining his offer saved my life. Ah, the silver lining in having to work!

As for the "stalker" story, that also came up at work, but maybe I'll save that for a different post, lol. Weird guy...yeesh...

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Of course its all about personal taste. Not everyone likes the same thing as you said.

Seoul A hot lady like yourself, not having guys come after you... I find that hard to believe!!

Zero your so right, your whole post.
LOL.

NOD, you are TOO kind!!!

If "Nerd"="HOT", I guess I'm in!!! My friends call me the biggest dork ever!!

As far as guys coming after me... um... do drug addicts count? *shivers* (And even then, they check to see if my friends are taken first...)

J

Jennifleur

Kim, we must be soul sisters. I, too, am a nerd. Self-professed, but anyone who really knows me wouldn't argue.... :D

C

ChristianGuru

How come I can't get a date? Maybe you need to change your behavoir. Change your attitude. Be someone that someone esle wants to be around. Maybe your boring. Change. Change can be good. Maybe instead of blaming all the other people you should own up and make yourself better. Why not give it a try!
I don't believe you read the same post that I posted. I wasn't looking for advice.

C

ChristianGuru

Its not about taste, its about having the qualities that girls appreciate. Looks will only get you so far. Most guys who are good looking know it and dont appreciate women like they want to be appreciated. Guys who arent so good looking have a better chance at being the type of guy who treats a girl like she wants to be treated because they arent in love with themselves and dont grab the attention of every other girl they meet, so they have to work hard at knowing how to please a girl and keep her happy.
It's not about taste? Think about what you've just said, lol. How we eat or dress, what we do is all about taste which is choice. Taste is not limited to looks. It's a multitude of things that represent a whole package.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
It's not about taste? Think about what you've just said, lol. How we eat or dress, what we do is all about taste which is choice. Taste is not limited to looks. It's a multitude of things that represent a whole package.
Ok, to an extent it does involve taste. Some women dont want to date asian-looking guys (like me), some want someone who is taller, some want a guy who loves doing the dishes (hehe just kidding), and they ALL want someone who is tall, dark and handsome, but many times these preconceptions fall by the wayside when some guy they didnt think they'd fall in love with comes and sweeps them off their feet.

The way a guy makes a girl feel often supercedes whatever her tastes may dictate and that is why you will often see a beautiful girl with a guy that doesnt look like he could be her boyfriend.

Last edited:
May 21, 2009
I don't believe you read the same post that I posted. I wasn't looking for advice.

Hi guru
I read the post just fine. It was a comical kinda complaining post like a lot of the rest of the complaining post.
Plus it had we have different taste.
The making jokes about the mas thing over and over agian made me laugh.
Also made me think they just do it for the shock value.
Much better than thinking they are doing the dirty deed while here.
As far as comments we can all comment whether you like it or not.
We all get get comments we do or do not like.
But my comment wasn't intended at you dirrectly.
My comment was for the hundreds and hundreds of why can't I get a date.
If I offended you or anyone else I'm very sorry but some people do need to grow.
Have fun and God bless you!

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
LOL.

NOD, you are TOO kind!!!

If "Nerd"="HOT", I guess I'm in!!! My friends call me the biggest dork ever!!

As far as guys coming after me... um... do drug addicts count? *shivers* (And even then, they check to see if my friends are taken first...)
Hey Seoul, at least you have people that are interested. I can't even get the drug addicts! :D

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey Seoul, at least you have people that are interested. I can't even get the drug addicts! :D

Ha, drug addicts, alcoholics, sex addicts... yeah... got them lining up the block, apparently... but only after they find out my friends aren't single!

How flattering!!! ("I'm looking for someone to use as a means of supporting me and my habit and/or as a sex object... I see you're next in line... Eh, I guess I'll have to settle for you.")

NOT exactly good on the self-esteem.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Ha, drug addicts, alcoholics, sex addicts... yeah... got them lining up the block, apparently... but only after they find out my friends aren't single!

How flattering!!! ("I'm looking for someone to use as a means of supporting me and my habit and/or as a sex object... I see you're next in line... Eh, I guess I'll have to settle for you.")

NOT exactly good on the self-esteem.

That must be horrible on your self-esteem. I just cant understand it either, your funny and really pretty and smart.... the men around you must be blind.

C

ChristianGuru

loveschild;301229[COLOR=black said:
]I don't believe you read the same post that I posted. I wasn't looking for advice.[/COLOR]

Hi guru
I read the post just fine. It was a comical kinda complaining post like a lot of the rest of the complaining post.
Plus it had we have different taste.
The making jokes about the mas thing over and over agian made me laugh.
Also made me think they just do it for the shock value.
Much better than thinking they are doing the dirty deed while here.
As far as comments we can all comment whether you like it or not.
We all get get comments we do or do not like.
But my comment wasn't intended at you dirrectly.
My comment was for the hundreds and hundreds of why can't I get a date.
If I offended you or anyone else I'm very sorry but some people do need to grow.
Have fun and God bless you![/quote]

No more orange text. I almost went blind reading it.

It wasn't a complaining post. It would in any event be an understand why you're complaining post. That's where the comedy is :). Comment away, but if I feel people are making my post out to be something it's not, I'm not gonna sit back and let it go unconfronted. I now understand that you weren't coming at me directly. I'm glad you commenting on the complaining guys out there.