At the risk of, ……………………………...

• Thread starter morefaithrequired
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

Are you under financial pressure with big house mortgage and raising kids?
Anyway if I were you I would think seriously about cutting back hours. for your health and wellbeing.
Im a school cleaner now. just work 4 hours a day. I used to be a school teacher but A and D got the better of me. I dont have any financial debts or pressures but i live pretty close to the bread line. Life is very good though. Beach and summer here soon.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Are you under financial pressure with big house mortgage and raising kids?
Anyway if I were you I would think seriously about cutting back hours. for your health and wellbeing.
Im a school cleaner now. just work 4 hours a day. I used to be a school teacher but A and D got the better of me. I dont have any financial debts or pressures but i live pretty close to the bread line. Life is very good though. Beach and summer here soon.
There's always financial pressure, I have a 6 year old son as well as a 15 year old daughter and 20 year old son in university from my first marriage. There is a mortgage and other obligations of course....

This is something I've been praying over and thinking long and hard about. I'm in the Canadian Armed Forces...however I didn't join until the age of 43, so I'm just now coming up on 10 years in. I do qualify for a pension, but its not much at this stage. I can put in for my release, and that takes about 6 months to be processed. If I put it in now I'd be out sometime around May/June.

One side of my says that no matter what decision I make, that the Lord will be beside me to see me and my family through....but at the same time I have trouble totally surrendering control, we human beings can be arrogant at times and think that its "all on me". I don't doubt my ability to find another job, however I am over 50 so I wonder what I might have to take....plus there are some serious warning signs about the economy going forward.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

M

morefaithrequired

wow..joined the military at 43. that has to be some kind of record. so you are around 52 now. im 61.
i never had kids and my wife ran a very successful business. She has taken a lot of financial pressure off me for which I am highly grateful. Still I suffer panic attacks and anxiety. its amazing i taught for 20 years. Im doing the kids a favour by not teaching as well. I was below average and struggled with basic classroom management. I never gained the full confidence of parents either.
But its not all doom and gloom.
My feeling is your health is priority. You are no good to your kids dead. Does your wife work?