At the risk of sounding condescending, I look down on you.
That's a conundrum for sure.At the risk of sounding arrogant, I find humility impossible.
At the risk of being an award winning comedian, Christian forums are fertile ground for humour.And writing in general.
On generic forums everyone wants to be the class clown. Its more interesting to be serious.
But since we believe in someone who is not physically visible, we are easy targets. And the more seriously we take ourselves and the Bible, the easier we become to satirise or caricature.
Somehow we have to take God seriously without taking ourselves seriously.
At the risk of sounding like a wimp, I cant sleep.
Ive got bruised ribs since an accident last week at work. I havent taken a day off which is admirable. But because im casual I cant afford to take a day off anyway.
I thought it was getting better but must have aggravated it at work yesterday. I took painkillers and overdid it.
But if I am going to sleep I will need to take some more. vicious cycle?
thanks for just responding. i notice your replies are full of thought and consideration. hope you stick around for a whileI wish I had some advice to give....but I don't. It does sound like a vicious cycle, and pain killers can be addictive so please be careful. I pray you'll heal up soon.
thanks for just responding. i notice your replies are full of thought and consideration. hope you stick around for a while
At the risk of sounding like a wimp, I cant sleep.
Ive got bruised ribs since an accident last week at work. I havent taken a day off which is admirable. But because im casual I cant afford to take a day off anyway.
I thought it was getting better but must have aggravated it at work yesterday. I took painkillers and overdid it.
But if I am going to sleep I will need to take some more. vicious cycle?
ok sounds interesting. i dont mind having a more detailed chat on this very thread. But a private message might be a better alternative. i dont qualify to start PMs yet.I'm not going anywhere, I enjoy genuine conversation. I work shifts so I'm more active on here during my 12 hour night shifts....graveyard shift is typically very slow and boring and this helps pass the time.
ok sounds interesting. i dont mind having a more detailed chat on this very thread. But a private message might be a better alternative. i dont qualify to start PMs yet.
Anyway your story so far is quite intrigueing. I was full time nightshift about 5 years ago. (psychiatric residence) I often wondered what it would be like to do remote mine site work. But I couldnt stand 12 hour shifts.
Is your job very physical? My job on nightshift was incredibly easy.I'm military, working in a communications centre....shifts are either 8am to 8pm, and 8pm to 8am, or if you prefer, 08h to 20h or 20h to 08hThe actual hours though are more 730 to 730...as soon as the on-coming shift arrives you can go. I've been here since 2015, so fast coming up on 5 years. Switching from days to nights messes with the system. I'm lucky that when I am on shift on a Sunday during the day I'm almost always excused to attend worship. On Sunday mornings when I get off night shift I almost always make it to church, but this most recent Sunday was an exception. I got home about 8am and decided to lay down for an hour, that was a mistake....I crawled into bed and when my wife woke me just after 9am for church which starts at 10, I tapped out.....I could have gotten up but I decided to keep sleeping instead.
Life is challenging....if you've read some of my posts then you can piece together a lot of my story as it were. I've been walking much closer with my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for over a year now...I was before, but I'm being much more intentional now. The challenges are still there of course, but I find I'm dealing with things better than before.
Is your job very physical? My job on nightshift was incredibly easy.
Only worked 3 and usualky had 5 hours to myself. I was on the net a lot and did some University courses as well. what a job! And the money was great too!! So much for my Christian ethics.![]()
So fitness or lack of fitness must become an issue. You have no time to exercise in your time off. doesn't sound good to me. I used to cycle and swim when I could. But not nearly enough.No, not physical at all....either radio communications or clerical type work, and on night shifts there has to be at least 2 people here who are fully trained "just in case". We handle things like radio traffic for search and rescue missions, and you never know when someone is going to go missing on a camping or fishing trip in Upper Bootlick Saskatchewan.
So fitness or lack of fitness must become an issue. You have no time to exercise in your time off. doesn't sound good to me. I used to cycle and swim when I could. But not nearly enough.