Atheists smarter than Christians.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.


yes. a very revealing scripture that's very often misinterpreted and misused by the RCC because the original language isn't looked at, nor the immediate context. Peter had just confessed that Christ is the Messiah, and Jesus had told Him that this was revealed by the Spirit, not by men.

I also say to you that you are Peter ((a word that refers to little rock or pebble, something you can hold in your hand)), and upon this rock ((a different word meaning large stone or rock outcropping, suitable for the foundation of a building)) I will build My church

the apostle isn't the rock that the church is founded on.
the revelation that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is the foundation of the church.


:)

this truth - the real foundation of our salvation - will never be shaken or removed, no matter if every church building and cathedral in the world is reduced to rubble, and the memory of the papacy is forgotten forever. Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God lives forever and ever!!



Thank you for this exegesis, Posthuman!

I was struggling through Mattthew Henry's and yours is clear, and concise!
 
I was watching tha American History Channel this morning. I didn't know this.

There was a gang of atheist thugs in New York in the early part of the twentieth century that were attempting to blow up some churches. It was the poor vs the rich.

They saw the pastors, so called, living off of the parishioners while not taking care of the poor. These godless atheists couldn't stomach that injustice. And yet today, the body of Christ has no problem with the same thing.......I'd better stop. Get everybody mad at me again.

I don't advocate blowing up churches. Just shutting them down and put the keys of the kingdom back into the hands of 'we the people.'

I do love stirring the pot don't I? Smile.


wow! Very interesting comments and opinions . The idea that a christian is to shut down churches is very concerning to me. For one that is a tactic of the world not of the Spirit. And if one would do some investigating we would also see that the " History Channel" programs on ChristiaNITY are bias to gnosticism and atheism. The bible tells us to over come evil by doing good. making it a life's mission to shut down churches well, if that is what one believes to do then I guess do it. But I have a very hard time finding in the Bible where it is in the Great Commission.
 
Last edited:
Evidently thugs breaking the law and blowing up things makes them smart :confused:
 
Not sure how the op has to with athiests being smarter than Christians but I am willing to discuss this subject.
Knowing right from wrong such as the the pastors gorging themselves and the poor going with out and atheists not standing for that injustice does not measure intelligence it measures morals.

We also must consider what being smart is. Being smart and what being smart is differs from different peoples view points, my friend who is an atheist considers most Christians dumb simply because of of what we believe he doesn't take into account the intelligence of the actual individual he simply thinks they are not intelligent because of their faith.
On the other hand I have seen many Christians believe anyone who doesn't believe to be un intelligent not taking into consideration the intelligence of the individual either.

I think many of us kind of jump the gun on who is intelligent or not as I have seen on both sides assumptions being made that ppl are fools. Personally I do not measure intelligence based on what a person believes or doesn't believe even a satanist can be very intelligent.
 
You don't have to be an atheist to be so smart to not give your money to some mega church or a pastor with a big salary. Just don't hang your brain on the hangstand when you enter church.
 
Excuse me for pointing out the obvious but this is just a very unprofitable thread. Doesnt the OP have something positive to talk about? Phil 4:8........................
 
You don't have to be an atheist to be so smart to not give your money to some mega church or a pastor with a big salary. Just don't hang your brain on the hangstand when you enter church.
The vast majority of pastors are not rich and make many sacrifices to minister the those who are in their care.

Where is your brain if you side against men God has gifted to the church for the ministry of edifying the believers?

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;


For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
I had a friend over yesterday who has a desire to work within the church as an evangelist. He's definitely made for it, he told he he'd like to work in ministry full time and said its better to have a working model so he's happy with part time. Have hope brother Yet, not all are bad :)
 
The vast majority of pastors are not rich and make many sacrifices to minister the those who are in their care.

Where is your brain if you side against men God has gifted to the church for the ministry of edifying the believers?

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;


For the cause of Christ
Roger

In my head. If I can hardly eat a decent meal I don't give a cent to a guy with a big income and a huge house. Rather give it to a pastor who has even less.
 
Well
a newer study also claimed that atheist are smarter than believers
the same study said atheists are more likely to be psychopaths

:p
 
The vast majority of pastors are not rich and make many sacrifices to minister the those who are in their care.

Where is your brain if you side against men God has gifted to the church for the ministry of edifying the believers?

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;


For the cause of Christ
Roger

I know very wealthy Christians who have given to poor pastors so they can dedicate their lives to studying and teaching.

Like you said Roger, most pastors are poor and not rich. Some of us have been blessed with money.......why can't we help the poor?:cool:

Phil 2:4~~New American Standard Bible
do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.
 
Helping the poor isn't always a matter of throwing money at them...
 
Maybe I should have titled the thread 'Atheists have more compassion than christians'. What say you? (Stir that pot Yet).
 
Maybe I should have titled the thread 'Atheists have more compassion than christians'. What say you? (Stir that pot Yet).

Some atheists have more compassion than some christians.
Although... look at those people that work so hard to save physical lives and I do nothing. Yeah you're right.
 
Maybe I should have titled the thread 'Atheists have more compassion than christians'. What say you? (Stir that pot Yet).

I don't know the bible tells me very clearly that a fool has said there is no God in his heart. God said that not me. We are to avoid the foolishness of the world It is not our Job to make one believe in God it is our Job to tell people what God has done for us and why we believe. It is the Job of the Holy Spirit to reprove the world of sin we are to avoid it at al cost. as far as a christian not having compassion ? Do you mean the way the post I have seen towards Pastors? Is that what you mean? Then I would say amen .
 
Maybe I should have titled the thread 'Atheists have more compassion than christians'. What say you? (Stir that pot Yet).

Can we be so sure that it was compassion which motivated Church bombers? Were it compassion, I think they would have proposed a different course.