Avenge/Revenge

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
No..

All scripture is profitable for learning.. But the Holy Bible is a revelation in it's totality.. We need to read it like a book to the end to get the flow of the message..
And Psalm 143:12 is part of that flow, as who are our fundamental enemies? satan and his hordes.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
And Psalm 143:12 is part of that flow, as who are our fundamental enemies? satan and his hordes.
Yes Psalm 143:12 is a part of that flow.. And yes we have enemies.. satan definitely, permanently, and those who follow satan maybe permanent, maybe not.. God knows..

Sep 3, 2016
Do you ever pray that the Lord would revenge or avenge your enemies?

Revelation 6:9-10 KJVS
[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: [10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Psalm 143:12 KJVS
[12] And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant.

Interesting.
God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you - 2 Thessalonians 1:6 NIV

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you - 2 Thessalonians 1:6 NIV
That's true, so do you think David and those souls under Heaven's altar were mistaken?
Revelation 6:9-10 KJVS
[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: [10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Psalm 143:12 KJVS
[12] And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant.

Feb 28, 2016
so many times in the Bible, God shows us our very own emotions that are akin to those whom He has
called-elected-chosen - by this, we can identify how human we are and how 'common or un-common',
but,
so very often, we are not allowed to read/know the 'ending' of the story and must trust our 'discernment', -
hopefully, we will obey God's will for us, if we will step-up in our Faith and use/do it'...
hey, it's our journey until our very last breath...

Sep 3, 2016
That's true, so do you think David and those souls under Heaven's altar were mistaken?
“THE FIFTH SEAL

9 And when He (Christ) had opened the fifth Seal (there is no announcement concerning the opening of this Seal, as it had been with the others), I saw under the Altar (the Altar of Incense) the souls of them who were slain (does not refer to an intermediate state, for the Resurrection has already taken place, and all now in Heaven have Glorified Bodies; the word “soul” is merely used in the sense of identification and not as a state) for the Word of God, and for the testimony which they held (corresponds with Rev. 2:11):

10 And they (the souls under the Altar) cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, Holy and True (pertains to far more than a cry for vengeance; more than anything else, it is a cry for the entire episode of sin and shame to end; it is a culmination of the cry of the ages), do you not judge and avenge our blood on them who dwell on the earth? (It is certain that the Lord will “Judge” and “Avenge” [Mat. 12:36].)” Rev. 6

Psalm 143
“12 And of Your mercy cut off my enemies, and destroy all them who afflict my soul: for I am Your servant. (The prayer of this Verse has been answered partially; it will be answered totally at the conclusion of the Millennial Reign. Of that one can be sure!)

JSM