Awake to Righteousness and Don't Sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
The body is dead because of sin, which means that the physical body has been rendered helpless because of the Fall; consequently, the Believer trying to overcome by willpower presents a fruitless task (Rom. 8:10). The Holy Spirit mortifies the deeds of the body so we can live (walk in victory). Rom. 8:13
Romans 8
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

-We still make the choices. God leads by the Spirit. You are left with a choice to obey or not. And obedience is easy, because of His Grace.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Can you post the scripture that says this.
Sure:

Romans 6
4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be [a]done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been [b]freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
There are two parts to the Cross message.

The Death - old man with Him
The Resurrection - New Life in the Spirit

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
The only way a Believer can be led by the Holy Spirit is by Faith placed and maintained in Christ and the Cross. Failure to do this, the works of the flesh will begin to manifest (the sin nature).
We don't disagree on this.

Sep 3, 2016
Sure:

Romans 6
4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be [a]done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been [b]freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
“5 For if we have been planted together (with Christ) in the likeness of His Death (Paul proclaims the Cross as the instrument through which all Blessings come; consequently, the Cross must ever be the Object of our Faith, which gives the Holy Spirit latitude to work within our lives), we shall be also in the likeness of His Resurrection (we can have the “likeness of His Resurrection,” i.e., “live this Resurrection Life,” only as long as we understand the “likeness of His Death,” which refers to the Cross as the Means by which all of this is done):”

JSM

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
“5 For if we have been planted together (with Christ) in the likeness of His Death (Paul proclaims the Cross as the instrument through which all Blessings come; consequently, the Cross must ever be the Object of our Faith, which gives the Holy Spirit latitude to work within our lives), we shall be also in the likeness of His Resurrection (we can have the “likeness of His Resurrection,” i.e., “live this Resurrection Life,” only as long as we understand the “likeness of His Death,” which refers to the Cross as the Means by which all of this is done):”

JSM
Yeah but just be careful. Make sure that the cross is not the object of our adoration and worship. Jesus is. Paul says I preach Christ and him crucified. Please don't make the cross the idol of worship.

Sep 3, 2016
Yeah but just be careful. Make sure that the cross is not the object of our adoration and worship. Jesus is. Paul says I preach Christ and him crucified. Please don't make the cross the idol of worship.
“11 And I, Brethren, if I yet preach Circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? (Any message other than the Cross draws little opposition.) then is the offence of the Cross ceased. (The Cross offends the world and most of the Church. So, if the preacher ceases to preach the Cross as the only way of Salvation and Victory, then opposition and persecution will cease. But so will Salvation!)” Gal. 5:11

JSM

Sep 3, 2016
My Brother in Christ, please tell the Believer how to do what the scriptures ask of us to do in its Truth and Righteous context or it is legalism.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
“11 And I, Brethren, if I yet preach Circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? (Any message other than the Cross draws little opposition.) then is the offence of the Cross ceased. (The Cross offends the world and most of the Church. So, if the preacher ceases to preach the Cross as the only way of Salvation and Victory, then opposition and persecution will cease. But so will Salvation!)” Gal. 5:11

JSM
Lets look at the comparison between circumcision and the cross:

- Circumcision was an outward sign of cutting off the flesh
- The Cross is an inward sign of cutting off the flesh

Romans 6v6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

The cross is an offence because it means a cutting off of that nature which held man in bondage. But man likes his bondage. And it is offensive to some, if not most.

They would be more comfortable settling into circumcision and feel good about themselves, that they have done their religious obligation. But true circumcision is of the heart.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
My Brother in Christ, please tell the Believer how to do what the scriptures ask of us to do in its Truth and Righteous context or it is legalism.
Well the context above is Believer (as opposed to unbeliever). It then comes back to Love God with all of your heart, mind, body and soul. Do this, and you wont go wrong ;)

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
John 8
10 When Jesus had raised Himself up [i]and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?”
11 She said, “No one, Lord.”
And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.
12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Genesis 4
7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.

- this is God's will. It has always been God's will.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Hebrews 12
12 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.