T
toinena
Guest
I prayed. I trusted in Him. I made a leap of faith. I praised Him for giving me a second chance. For what?
It is hard to be a player in Life's game of Monopoly. It goes in circles. I pray for healing. I believe. I fast. I get encouragements. I see signs. Then nothing. Back to square one. Or rather I pulled the "go directly to to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $ 200." I pray for restoration. I fall and I break. I pray for a Godly husband. I meet someone. I pray. I trust. I cross the ocean for him. And then I pull the same old stupid card in Monopoly yet again. Back in "jail" I question myself, my own judgement and I am angry. At myself, at God, at the man that stood me up, at the whole world. I pray and I cry. Buckets.
Perhaps I didn't lose. Because through all this, instead of losing faith, I grow closer to God. He is the only certain thing in this board game. And by some miracle, although I am "thrown in jail" all the times possible in the deck of cards and still some, I don't lose the game. I am still hanging in there. Still walking the walk. Where it leads, I have no idea. But I know that for as long God has a plan for me, I will never lose. I might be sent to jail, and the other players might buy hotels and grow in fortune. But God will never let me lose. He will lead me through yet another round. And I trust that one day, this game will be over. The hotels will burn down. The enemies will go bankrupt. But I will still walk with the Lord. And, by his grace, I might even own a hotel or two by my own.
It is hard to be a player in Life's game of Monopoly. It goes in circles. I pray for healing. I believe. I fast. I get encouragements. I see signs. Then nothing. Back to square one. Or rather I pulled the "go directly to to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $ 200." I pray for restoration. I fall and I break. I pray for a Godly husband. I meet someone. I pray. I trust. I cross the ocean for him. And then I pull the same old stupid card in Monopoly yet again. Back in "jail" I question myself, my own judgement and I am angry. At myself, at God, at the man that stood me up, at the whole world. I pray and I cry. Buckets.
Perhaps I didn't lose. Because through all this, instead of losing faith, I grow closer to God. He is the only certain thing in this board game. And by some miracle, although I am "thrown in jail" all the times possible in the deck of cards and still some, I don't lose the game. I am still hanging in there. Still walking the walk. Where it leads, I have no idea. But I know that for as long God has a plan for me, I will never lose. I might be sent to jail, and the other players might buy hotels and grow in fortune. But God will never let me lose. He will lead me through yet another round. And I trust that one day, this game will be over. The hotels will burn down. The enemies will go bankrupt. But I will still walk with the Lord. And, by his grace, I might even own a hotel or two by my own.