Little History about me. I am 71 years old I have been married to my lovely wife 50 years this past April. I got saved in 1976 while serving abord the USS Iwo Jima. I did not attend a regular church for several years as we spent 6 months in the Med. and 3 months in the Caribbean and 6 weeks during the summer with the Navy Cadets on training mission.
As for bible study there was a small group of us that met 2-3 nights a week and our main study was the New Testament mixed with some Old Testament references; salvation message came from John 3. Jesus and Nicodemus. After I got out of the navy, we went from church to church trying to find on that taught what we were raised on. It was not till about ten years ago I met a small group of men studying over coffee on day at McDonalds of all places. I asked if I could set in and as they say the rest is history. I started studying with the AVKJ and a Strongs concordance. We have sense moved and Brenda and I have kept up with our study and in contact with one of the men I studied with.
With history out of the way here is what we believe in a nutshell. John chapter lays out salvation perfectly; You must be born again in order to inter the Kingdom of God. You should be baptized with water just as Jesus was. He set the example for us to follow, but baptism is not a requirement for salvation. The shed blood of Jesus on the cross is the only way to receive the new heart and the new spirit required for salvation. The bible is the inspirated word of God from beginning to end. Mark 13:22 &23 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew sings and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. 23. But take heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
As for bible study there was a small group of us that met 2-3 nights a week and our main study was the New Testament mixed with some Old Testament references; salvation message came from John 3. Jesus and Nicodemus. After I got out of the navy, we went from church to church trying to find on that taught what we were raised on. It was not till about ten years ago I met a small group of men studying over coffee on day at McDonalds of all places. I asked if I could set in and as they say the rest is history. I started studying with the AVKJ and a Strongs concordance. We have sense moved and Brenda and I have kept up with our study and in contact with one of the men I studied with.
With history out of the way here is what we believe in a nutshell. John chapter lays out salvation perfectly; You must be born again in order to inter the Kingdom of God. You should be baptized with water just as Jesus was. He set the example for us to follow, but baptism is not a requirement for salvation. The shed blood of Jesus on the cross is the only way to receive the new heart and the new spirit required for salvation. The bible is the inspirated word of God from beginning to end. Mark 13:22 &23 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew sings and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. 23. But take heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.