Backlash after Nike signs new deal with Colin Kaepernick

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SpoonJuly

Keep your Niki
Real men rear boots. 0-325-.jpg

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
mailmandan,

Because it was you I watched it.

If I could, I would go out on the field and kneel with them, side by side.

I believe in what they are saying, that their a too many unnecessary, unarmed, persons deaths at the at the hands of the police. When the killings stop, the protests will stop.

The answer is to find solutions to the problems, not disrespect the protesters who bring it to peoples attention in a peaceful manner.

--------

U

Ugly

Football players protesting on the field is ridiculous. They are on the job. They are being paid ridiculous amounts of money to play with a ball and entertain people.
What if people in other jobs stopped working and made a public spectacle of themselves and being disruptive? They'd be reprimanded and if it continued, fired.
But football players do it and its magically ok? They need to use their private lives to actually do something productive if they feel so strongly. Not use the time they're at work, being paid, while they can make a big show to get attention, but do nothing of any value to the cause they claim they are so worried about.
How about they leave their mansions, limo drivers and all the other excesses they have and go to Chicago themselves? Without camera crews. Why don't they contact police departments with a desire to understand what's really happening? Oh. Right. Because there's no press in that. No money. And they'll actually probably be shot by another black guy before ever being shot by a cop.
This problem is simple. If police stop you Don't act like an idiot, don't be a jerk, don't run and don't get shot.
It doesn't take a football player going on one knee to figure that out.
And if these people really cared they'd be in Chicago running out drug dealers, and making sure little kids could play outside without getting shot, not getting media coverage while working in "protest" to idiots doing idiotic things then getting shot.
All those knocks to the head are taking a serious toll on their brain functions.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Football players protesting on the field is ridiculous. They are on the job. They are being paid ridiculous amounts of money to play with a ball and entertain people.
What if people in other jobs stopped working and made a public spectacle of themselves and being disruptive? They'd be reprimanded and if it continued, fired.
But football players do it and its magically ok? They need to use their private lives to actually do something productive if they feel so strongly. Not use the time they're at work, being paid, while they can make a big show to get attention, but do nothing of any value to the cause they claim they are so worried about.
How about they leave their mansions, limo drivers and all the other excesses they have and go to Chicago themselves? Without camera crews. Why don't they contact police departments with a desire to understand what's really happening? Oh. Right. Because there's no press in that. No money. And they'll actually probably be shot by another black guy before ever being shot by a cop.
This problem is simple. If police stop you Don't act like an idiot, don't be a jerk, don't run and don't get shot.
It doesn't take a football player going on one knee to figure that out.
And if these people really cared they'd be in Chicago running out drug dealers, and making sure little kids could play outside without getting shot, not getting media coverage while working in "protest" to idiots doing idiotic things then getting shot.
All those knocks to the head are taking a serious toll on their brain functions.
Makes me not want to visit USA, ever.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
mailmandan,

I believe in what they are saying, that their a too many unnecessary, unarmed, persons deaths at the at the hands of the police. When the killings stop, the protests will stop.

The answer is to find solutions to the problems, not disrespect the protesters who bring it to peoples attention in a peaceful manner.

--------
People have the right to protest in the US, but there is a right way to protest and a wrong way to protest. Disrespecting our Flag during the National Anthem is the WRONG way to protest and is not the solution to the problems being protested.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Those who kneel during the national anthem disgrace themselves. These show a great lack of gratitude for all they have been given of the good of the land.

Cops are not the criminals but have been placed in very difficult situations. Failure to obey a lawful order will have consequences. Run from the police and you may get shot. Sell drugs and commit crimes and you may get shot. The more cops get shot at the more likely they are to shoot back.

The bible tells us that the authorities are not a terror to those who do right but those who do evil ought to fear.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dec 12, 2013
mailmandan,

--------
Of course you would....disrespect is your middle name.....!!

Dec 12, 2013
I will not support a sport that gets paid millions to play a high school game while they disrespect our flag, our national anthem and the hundreds of thousands of dead and wounded that have bled for this nation. As a Marine, believer and one who has enjoyed the unprecedented freedom this nation has offered....I cannot stand the attitude of some on here who say they would kneel with these fools.....

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Those who kneel during the national anthem disgrace themselves. These show a great lack of gratitude for all they have been given of the good of the land.

Cops are not the criminals but have been placed in very difficult situations. Failure to obey a lawful order will have consequences. Run from the police and you may get shot. Sell drugs and commit crimes and you may get shot. The more cops get shot at the more likely they are to shoot back.

The bible tells us that the authorities are not a terror to those who do right but those who do evil ought to fear.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I agree with what you’ve said, but what do you do in a situation where the cops are abusing their powers of law?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I agree with what you’ve said, but what do you do in a situation where the cops are abusing their powers of law?
I would like to think that such instances are rare but the quality of the police person is dependent on the quality of the person behind the badge. How do we make society better? The gospel is able to change even the vilest sinner into a saint.

There are elements of evil in every corner of society. Gods mercy is all that stands between civil society and anarchy.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Dick's Sporting Goods Blames Under Armour for Bad Quarter: Thanks for Nothing
August 29,2018 The Street

I stopped buying Nike shoes when a friend brought home a footlocker full that he'd purchased in Korea for $5.00 a pair.

I stopped watching football last year. This taking a knee thing in the NFL is offensive. And CK is no hero.
I'll be looking toward UA from now on. They signed Tom Brady years ago as their pitchman. To my knowledge he doesn't take a knee even in this new pre-season.