Backsliding?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Acr96

Member
Nov 11, 2015
99
0
0
What exactly is backsliding? What would be done on your part as a christian for it to be considered backsliding? Also, does one have to be baptized again if they have backslide?
 
After walking with God and then turning back to eat of your old vomit of the world...this is back sliding.

As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returns to his folly. Proverbs 26:11


Depends on how long you been out of the church if one should get rebaptized or not. Its a personal decision consulting God on the matter.
 
Last edited:

Backsliding is just falling back into your old ways. For example; If you use to be a heavy drinker, found Christ and gave up drinking, then fell back into to your bad habit, that's backsliding.

And no, I don't believe you need to be baptized again, unless you didn't understand what it was all about the first time. Getting baptized again doesn't erase screw-ups, no need to start over again :) jmo
 
I agree with Dan58. I backslid for about 10 years -- didn't do anything horrendous during those 10 years, but I wasn't going to church, didn't have any Christian fellowship, most importantly, lost my connection with God. Fortunately, God didn't lose His connection with me, watched over me those 10 years.

When I came back to Him, had a spiritual re-birth (again), I didn't feel the need to be re-baptized, and the pastors at my new church didn't think it was necessary.