Backsliding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
But are the demons saved? Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin. We blasphemy the Spirit when we reject the Spirits call to faith in Jesus Christ. As long as one stays in rebellion and denies the gift of grace how can they be saved? It takes much more than intellectual knowledge of God the Father. It takes knowing the Son.

John 14:6
New International Version

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
And also why would a person deny this gift unless they have rejected It In their heart which would be the unforgivable sin and when a person gets like that there Is no longer ANY conviction from the HOLY SPIRIT.

sidenote:There Is a difference In rejecting from the heart and rejecting In words.A person rejecting from the heart wouldn’t care.

Vindicator

Nov 11, 2021
with seeds (literal seeds) is they dont die away if sown in bad soil, they either remain dormant, or they do grow DESPITE being in bad soil.

If a seed is corrupted, its actually rotten.

Only for a time, Lanolin. The average life span for vegetable seeds, for instance, is around four years if stored properly. After that, they are gone for good. But it is a good analogy as far as believers are concerned as well. It's why we use the term "planting seeds" when witnessing to others. A word in due season can really stick in the memory of the unbeliever, though it may be years before they come to the place of accepting Him, and finally decide to give their lives to the Lord, at which time the Word (Christ) sprouts, and begins the process of true spiritual growth within them.

https://www.thespruce.com/how-long-do-vegetable-seeds-last-1403089

Vindicator

Nov 11, 2021
Physical circumcision cannot be rescinded, and neither is Spiritual Circumcision. Once the Curse of the Lord has been lifted from a person, their minds are freed (key word, there) to Love, Worship, and obey the commands and decrees of the Lord.

While circumcision was the means of entering into covenant, neither physical nor spiritual circumcision guaranteed salvation. All of the Jews were circumcised, and yet many were rejected by God in the wilderness for breaking the covenant He made with Him.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
yet many were rejected by God in the wilderness for breaking the covenant He made with Him.
Because Christ had not Spiritually Circumcised them.

Romans 11:7-8 NLT - "So this is the situation: Most of the people of Israel have not found the favor of God they are looking for so earnestly. A few have--the ones God has chosen--but the hearts of the rest were hardened. As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear."

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
While circumcision was the means of entering into covenant, neither physical nor spiritual circumcision guaranteed salvation. All of the Jews were circumcised, and yet many were rejected by God in the wilderness for breaking the covenant He made with Him.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
It is critical that we investigate what Paul meant by the Mysterious Plan (NLT) translation. Until we can identify, clearly, what that Plan is, and why it is a Mystery, the Bible will remain forever elusive.

Nov 23, 2021
Welcome to Christian Chat. I like your site name. It's clever.

Make the Lord the center of your life from here on out, Riverhooks, regardless of what anyone else thinks or says, and that includes here on the forums. Just focus on growing in Him by whatever means helps you the most, and don't get sidetracked again by things that only lead you into frustration and disillusionment.

God bless,
Vindicator

Nov 23, 2021
Oh yeah , Once you're Christ-centered and have experienced the lovingkindness of the Lord and He carries you through several seasons of restoration gives you life and that more abundantly you see relatives in my case my entire family of 4 sibs and both parents come to the Lord. My dad on his death-bed after 25 years of intercession. I'm digressing don't write me off just yet, Jesus is absolutely the Way , The Truth, and the Life. Just saying we can start to presume. Right now compromise is rampant in the remnant. It is not about losing your salvation it is about losing your effectiveness in intercession. Be not drunk with wine sort of thing. Seems trendy to selfie your drinks on social media . The topic of the room was backslidding that's why I mentioned it . peace

Nov 23, 2021
Oh yeah , Once you're Christ-centered and have experienced the lovingkindness of the Lord and He carries you through several seasons of restoration gives you life and that more abundantly you see relatives in my case my entire family of 4 sibs and both parents come to the Lord. My dad on his death-bed after 25 years of intercession. I'm digressing don't write me off just yet, Jesus is absolutely the Way , The Truth, and the Life. Just saying we can start to presume. Right now compromise is rampant in the remnant. It is not about losing your salvation it is about losing your effectiveness in intercession. Be not drunk with wine sort of thing. Seems trendy to selfie your drinks on social media . The topic of the room was backslidding that's why I mentioned it . peace

Vindicator

Nov 11, 2021
Because Christ had not Spiritually Circumcised them.

Romans 11:7-8 NLT - "So this is the situation: Most of the people of Israel have not found the favor of God they are looking for so earnestly. A few have--the ones God has chosen--but the hearts of the rest were hardened. As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear."

Well, about the translation you used, the NLT is a little loose there. The word "favor" isn't actually in the text, and makes what is being said confusing, because what Israel was specifically seeking for was righteousness, not favor. The actual phrase in the Greek is simply, "Israel did not obtain what it seeks for; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were hardened." Paul explained what he meant a Chapter earlier:

1 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. (Romans 10:1-3)

But yes, most of Israel would not allow themselves to be circumcised in heart, seeking instead to maintain their own "righteousness" by keeping the old covenant and rejecting the grace offered through Jesus Christ.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
But yes, most of Israel would not allow themselves to be circumcised in heart, seeking instead to maintain their own "righteousness" by keeping the old covenant and rejecting the grace offered through Jesus Christ.
John 15:16 NKJV - "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."

Vindicator

Nov 11, 2021
Oh yeah , Once you're Christ-centered and have experienced the lovingkindness of the Lord and He carries you through several seasons of restoration gives you life and that more abundantly you see relatives in my case my entire family of 4 sibs and both parents come to the Lord. My dad on his death-bed after 25 years of intercession.

That's a wonderful testimony. You have much to be proud of in Christ for sacrificing for your family through intercession.

Vindicator

Nov 11, 2021
John 15:16 NKJV - "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."

The previous verses read as follows, however, and are conditional:

7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. 9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

This brings us back to the Parable of the Sower. His words must "abide" which means continue in us. If they do not, then like the shallow ground or the ground where seed fell among thorns, we will willingly forfeit the promises He has given to us above.

If you can, 2nd Timothy, please include statements regarding what point you are specifically making. I'm guessing at it, but not always certain we're on the same page with each other.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Deuteronomy 30:6 NKJV - "And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

Vindicator

Nov 11, 2021
Deuteronomy 30:6 NKJV - "And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

Again, 2nd Timothy, you keep posting verses without explaining why you are posting them. I'm not sure at this point if we're in agreement or opposed, Lol.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Again, 2nd Timothy, you keep posting verses without explaining why you are posting them. I'm not sure at this point if we're in agreement or opposed, Lol.
Honestly, in comparing the two, it should be most explanatory. Also, the passages that I am providing are utter Keystone passages of the Bible. I don't mean to be rude, but these passages should be first and foremost in our minds, even more so than John 3:16.

For example, you said that most of Israel chose to not have their hearts Circumcised, so I quoted the passage where it is said that God chooses us, meaning that we do not choose Circumcision. And this is what was promised in the Old Testament, that the Lord our God would Circumcise our hearts (I realize it was written to the Jews) and "their" descendants. This is the Promise given to Abraham; this is the Blessing that results in the Spiritual Promised Holy Land.

And this is the Mysterious Plan of God as discussed by Paul in Ephesians chapters 3 and 2. And I'd read them in that order, for it will make more sense. And from there, I'd read Colossians 2:9-15 to gain an even greater understanding of this Plan. And from there, I'd begin reading the entire Bible in a timeline, chronological order, keeping those three passage sets in mind . . . the Bible will then begin to unfold itself in the most amazing fashion.

Ephesians 3:1-13
Ephesians 2:10-16
Colossians 2:9-15

But, I've said these things a million times and I'm just a broken record. I'm tired; very tired.

Nov 23, 2021
It is critical that we investigate what Paul meant by the Mysterious Plan (NLT) translation. Until we can identify, clearly, what that Plan is, and why it is a Mystery, the Bible will remain forever elusive.
The soul will be saved but without any rewards at the judgement seat of CHRIST,right?
The Bible says the Lord will give to every man according to his works. Wood , Hay , Stubble ,Gold , Silver or precious stones. I would not say someone who has backslidden is forfeit . The works will be tried by fire. The gifts and callings of God are without repentance your labor is not in vain in the Lord. I think of the prodigal son , he got the ring, robe the shoes , the fatted calf. Wouldn't worry about that as far as a reward or not. I would be more concerned about effectiveness in intercession for those you care about and wish to to be saved of come to maturity in Christ

Nov 23, 2021
The Bible says the Lord will give to every man according to his works. Wood , Hay , Stubble ,Gold , Silver or precious stones. I would not say someone who has backslidden is forfeit . The works will be tried by fire. The gifts and callings of God are without repentance your labor is not in vain in the Lord. I think of the prodigal son , he got the ring, robe the shoes , the fatted calf. Wouldn't worry about that as far as a reward or not. I would be more concerned about effectiveness in intercession for those you care about and wish to to be saved or coming to maturity in Christ

May 22, 2020
Does backsliding mean that a person has to get saved again,does It mean that the Incorruptible seed can be corrupted?
Incorruptible speaks of one of the 5 crowns we may be awarded upon judgement by God. We must keep the reference in perspective.
We may receive 5 crowns at judgement including a incorruptible crown. That crown cannot be corrupted.

While on this earth we must maintain or we can be corrupted regardless.
New age religion advocates says that if we backslide we were never repented....hogwash. A person can be righteous and return to sinning because of loss of direction of their righteous commitment. It happens everyday and many return to righteousness and some don't.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
A person can be righteous and return to sinning because of loss of direction of their righteous commitment.
Righteousness is established by God Himself. Our sense of Righteousness does not depend upon ourselves, but of God. It is He who causes us to Work. Our Faith is Effectual.

Ephesians 3:7 KJV - "Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power."

Our Hearts are Circumcised of the Curse of the Lord . . . SO THAT . . . we will Love and Obey Him.

Deuteronomy 30:6 NIV - "The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live."