Bad Cold -- Horrible Cough - Can't Sleep at Night

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ManiaStar

Senior Member
Nov 14, 2015
381
29
28
Bad week for me health wise.

I have a very bad cold. More so a very bad cough where I get these coughing attacks every little bit and nothing I take, works to get rid of the cough or the cold.

I've been taking both Dayquil and Nyquil but neither are helping much. I have also been taking I forget what its called but, its specifically to help coughs and chest congestion and its not helping.

I have a nose spray to decongest my nose which does help but as soon as I lay down at night whether in my bed or on a couch, I start to cough and its bad. I have been sleeping with 2 pillows at night seeing if that would help but it does not.

It's been taking me over an hour to fall asleep and then I've been waking up at least an hour before I have to get up so tonight, I'm staying up for a bit longer. Then will take Nyquil and then will HOPEFULLY be able to get to sleep within 20 minutes.
 
I'm praying for you.. get well soon!

When i have bad cough i boiled some ginger+turmeric+a little bit white onion+star fruit+celery+basil.. after it boil i strain it and add some honey and drink it while hot/warm..
 
Bad week for me health wise.

I have a very bad cold. More so a very bad cough where I get these coughing attacks every little bit and nothing I take, works to get rid of the cough or the cold.

I've been taking both Dayquil and Nyquil but neither are helping much. I have also been taking I forget what its called but, its specifically to help coughs and chest congestion and its not helping.

I have a nose spray to decongest my nose which does help but as soon as I lay down at night whether in my bed or on a couch, I start to cough and its bad. I have been sleeping with 2 pillows at night seeing if that would help but it does not.

It's been taking me over an hour to fall asleep and then I've been waking up at least an hour before I have to get up so tonight, I'm staying up for a bit longer. Then will take Nyquil and then will HOPEFULLY be able to get to sleep within 20 minutes.

In my prayers!..Can you get a hold of Hyssop, you can find it at a health store. I have found it very beneficial, for all kinds of ailments..especially colds and flues.
 
You are in my prayers ManiaStar.
I know the constant cough when you are ill, can be so hard on you.
Praying you get well. God bless you.
Amen
 
i pray mania has improved health. i pray she seeks good advice. i pray good rest.
 
Lord Jesus, I pray that you bring your healing presence to maniastar. Give her body the full rest that she needs in order to feel better. Lord, you care about maniastar & her every need. Take this sickness from her Lord & bring strength to her. Let this cough leave her so that she can enjoy her days. I ask this in Jesus name...
 
Take some ginger root, peel it, cut 4 or 5 thin slices (the thickness of a quarter), and boil it in a cup of water until the water looks the color of pee. Drink it warm (strain out the ginger pieces), repeat 3x a day.

Praying for you.