Ban

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
REPLY TO oldthenew

QUOTE: you would do well to listen with an open heart instead
of rejecting wise words when written to you with
good intentions...

also, it's not about what 'makes us feel good', it's about
Who makes us feel good...

great post Maryjohanna! maybe we will hear some
honest, direct, answers...

-----

Hi :)

Let me start of by saying, that when you write "it's about WHO makes us feel good" then I see it is a perspective a personal God, that I do not share. My thread is based on the question: Am I allowed to be here, even though I don't see God as personal and separated?

Secondly, do you know, that I reject wise words? I don't mind listening to others, and I have listened to many people, also people that have wanted to teach by preaching for me. I listened because I wanted to hear what they base their view on. But sometimes I have also rejected if a person wants to preach for me, because I normally prefer a dialogue and not a monologue. Does that mean, that I rejected wise words because I didn't allow the person to preach for me? How would you know this? Or did the person not have a good approach to how I was ready do be inspired at that moment?

We have the freedom of speech. But hopefully we also have the freedom of hearing. And we should respect others as they are, and not try to make them into something we want them to be. Some people might prefer a monologue, and others, like myself, can prefer a dialogue. Shouldn't a good teacher be able to teach based on how the student feels most comfortable?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
You won't find relationship with Him until you lose the "me, myself and I", when we are created our guidance comes from our Creator and we do not lean on our own understanding and instead go to Him in prayer ( talking with and to God in Jesus name) and follow His guidance, Christians know him as He is a personal and separate God, something you choose to deny, hence your error and lack.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
You won't find relationship with Him until you lose the "me, myself and I", when we are created our guidance comes from our Creator and we do not lean on our own understanding and instead go to Him in prayer ( talking with and to God in Jesus name) and follow His guidance, Christians know him as He is a personal and separate God, something you choose to deny, hence your error and lack.
You see it as an error. I don't.

My thread isn't about how we understand God, but about if we are allowed to be here, even though we don't share the same understanding, but respect others understanding.

You are welcome to give your opinion regarding that topic.

P.S. You can read my reply to Maryjohanna if you would like further understanding about my view of God. In that answer I write about giving up an illusion about ourselves, which seems similar to your words "lose the "me, myself and I"".

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"My view" "my thread", and again you speak of "opinion" when it was clearly referenced that in Christ we no longer have our own opinion, we are conformed to His indwelling in us we are "hidden in him".
It is a waste of precious God given time to talk to someone who chooses to not grow.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Unitas, my advice to you would be, stay out of the chat rooms. Seems like the users are ban-happy in there. :/

It's much more interesting here in the forums. :)

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
"My view" "my thread", and again you speak of "opinion" when it was clearly referenced that in Christ we no longer have our own opinion, we are conformed to His indwelling in us we are "hidden in him".
It is a waste of precious God given time to talk to someone who chooses to not grow.
Again, the thread isn't about discussing what God is. It's about if we are allowed to be here despite of different understandings.

I would like to thank you for sharing your view. I try to understand it, just as I hope you do the same about mine, so that we can have a constructive conversation. I just hope you will stick to the topic that the thread is about.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
That
Unitas, my advice to you would be, stay out of the chat rooms. Seems like the users are ban-happy in there. :/

It's much more interesting here in the forums. :)
I actually agree with you about that :p

On the other hand, we can use the situation of my ban to discuss topics like freedom of speech, allowance of having our own opinion, constructive communication and much more .

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
and that is why the clean have NO fellowship with the unclean

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
For me the most important is to be allowed to follow what feels right for us.
But what if that which feels right to you is actually not the way things actually are..

Proverbs 14: KJV
12 "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

As for you opening question.. I have not been in the chat room for months and so i do not know what policies they have enacted there.. And since i never witnessed what lead up to your ban i cannot respond to your question with any authority..

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
and that is why the clean have NO fellowship with the unclean
Ok. Interesting view. I don't see myself as unclean. But I'm sure you do because I'm not a believer of Christ as our savior.

But, this thread isn't a discussion of the interpretation of the Bible, but about the rules of the chat. So, you are welcome to explain what rule on the chat that has to do with "the unclean and clean not having fellowship".

That is all I've wanted with this thread. If you want a discussion of your view based on the Bible, my advice is for you to find another thread.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
it isn't a view, it is Biblical truth. You have my pity.
goodbye

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
But what if that which feels right to you is actually not the way things actually are..

Proverbs 14: KJV
12 "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

As for you opening question.. I have not been in the chat room for months and so i do not know what policies they have enacted there.. And since i never witnessed what lead up to your ban i cannot respond to your question with any authority..
Hi :)

It's an interesting quote you bring up. And I would agree with it.

I will try elaborate my view. Yes, we should be allowed to follow what feels right. That I believe will be able to bring us peace. But, it doesn't mean, that what we follow is the right path to peace. It's a process that makes us able to experience what we truly are. Some will find it, and I think many will not.

During my life, I have wandered far away from where I am now. But it made me able to understand the direction I followed, and the direction that feels better for me. Like in the parable of the lost son, we sometimes need to feel the consequences of our life, before we are able to see that it is a wrong direction.

Have I found the right direction? Partly. I see am following an illusion about a self, that I'm trying to let go off. Some will say, I need to believe in Christ. That still isn't what seems correct for me. But maybe it once will. Maybe it will not.

All of this is of course my opinion. But my opening question in thread was, if we are allowed to have our own opinions in here, despite of differences. And in that case we can also ask, if a person that is seeking towards peace, should be banned, just because others don't agree with his current direction, but he wants to listen and share with them.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Really? Jesus (the clean) had fellowship with sinners and unbelievers (the unclean)...
This is a sidestep from the purpose of the thread. But I'm curious :)

I'm looking for a scripture in the Bible about being unclean from a moral perspective. Perhaps you can help.

At the same time, such a perspective also makes me wonder, where there are clean (holy) people besides from Jesus example. Who doesn't sin? And where does the idea about clean having no fellowship with the unclean, that shittim mentioned, then come from?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This is a sidestep from the purpose of the thread. But I'm curious :)

I'm looking for a scripture in the Bible about being unclean from a moral perspective. Perhaps you can help.

At the same time, such a perspective also makes me wonder, where there are clean (holy) people besides from Jesus example. Who doesn't sin? And where does the idea about clean having no fellowship with the unclean, that shittim mentioned, then come from?

Every one sins, whether they say they don't or not. We're human, fallible humans that fall far short of what God expects from us. Like I stated before, Jesus fellowshipped with sinners. He talked to them, healed them, hugged them.

This is only my opinion but I think if someone hangs around with an unclean person, that people may think they are unclean also. For example, if you're friends with a drug dealer and you hang out with them but have no part with the drugs, then people may assume that you are also a drug dealer..

I wonder what would have happened if Jesus had not had fellowship with the unbelievers and unclean. I mean, we are supposed to follow His example. So if we DON'T fellowship with unclean people, how can we ever possibly lead them to Jesus?

K

Kim82

I don't know if the rules are that you must be a Christian to join, but it does say "Christian Chat" so i guess it's for Christians, or people who are not living a christian life but still believe in God or people who want to know more about God or get a Christian perspective.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
In my understanding. every one is welcome here, whether Christian or not. If they start posting heretical or blasphemous stuff however, that is when they get banned.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Every one sins, whether they say they don't or not. We're human, fallible humans that fall far short of what God expects from us. Like I stated before, Jesus fellowshipped with sinners. He talked to them, healed them, hugged them.

This is only my opinion but I think if someone hangs around with an unclean person, that people may think they are unclean also. For example, if you're friends with a drug dealer and you hang out with them but have no part with the drugs, then people may assume that you are also a drug dealer..

I wonder what would have happened if Jesus had not had fellowship with the unbelievers and unclean. I mean, we are supposed to follow His example. So if we DON'T fellowship with unclean people, how can we ever possibly lead them to Jesus?
Still I don't understand, what is meant by that clean should not be in fellowship with unclean, if clean/unclean is based on sin. But I thank you for your reply :)

sherryt

Jul 26, 2019