Ban

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
As you know, whether here or elsewhere. If you don't follow the rules, you'll have consequences. If you don't follow the laws of the land, you'll be arrested, dragged before the judge and a sentence handed down.

You continue to do as you please, you'll be seen as indiscipline.

Indiscipline people will get their reward. Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

The proper thing to do, is find a site where you won't be banned for your opinions/beliefs, and express them there. Even a Christian is advised to do same: Matthew 10:14 if anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

Matthew 10:23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
Thank you for your advice :)

I haven't been able to find another site that fits with my belief. Do you know one?

Also, I still don't understand how I've broken the rules here. You are welcome to show me what rule I haven't followed.

K

Kim82

Even as Christians, not everyone on here will agree so how much worst will it be, for an unsaved trying to push/explain his beliefs on Christians? Please don't be surprised if it is not tolerated, or even ask why.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Even as Christians, not everyone on here will agree so how much worst will it be, for an unsaved trying to push/explain his beliefs on Christians? Please don't be surprised if it is not tolerated, or even ask why.
Again, I don't try to change others belief if it brings them peace.

I agree with you, though, that we will meet intolerance. But am I supposed to stop communicating, because some people don't like my opinions? I will meet such people everywhere. Or should these people just not contact me, as long as I'm following the rules?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
There are several unbelievers on here, and there are those who are interested in learning more about God. Others are NOT interested in learning more, but are simply curious about what we, and this site, believe.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

I agree with you, though, that we will meet intolerance. But am I supposed to stop communicating, because some people don't like my opinions? I will meet such people everywhere. Or should these people just not contact me, as long as I'm following the rules?

Stay out of the chat rooms. The forums are much more interesting anyways. LOL

Maybe you could make a different thread, telling us what you believe, or don't believe, and why.. Discussions are good, even though you'll get a few who will disagree with your viewpoints..

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
There are several unbelievers on here, and there are those who are interested in learning more about God. Others are NOT interested in learning more, but are simply curious about what we, and this site, believe.
Yes, I've also met these people. For me the most important in a contact is just to be curious. My experience is, that when we don't feel we need to change things we meet, we have more peace.

I don't always succeed in having such an approach to others. But when I do, I often get the best conversations.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Stay out of the chat rooms. The forums are much more interesting anyways. LOL

Maybe you could make a different thread, telling us what you believe, or don't believe, and why.. Discussions are good, even though you'll get a few who will disagree with your viewpoints..
I like your advice. I like to discuss topics about how we learn and communicate. But I prefer having people that I know want to listen and talk about it :)

That problem I've too often had as a teacher :D

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
No, it's not a different religion. As I see it, Brahman would just be another word for a separated understanding of God.

I distinguish between relative consciousness and intuitive consciousness, and try to find peace in not following an illusion about a self.

I mostly see similarities in my understanding and what I find in the Bible. And because of that I can use the Bible as inspiration.
in Hinduism brahman is a principle of universal inclusion ((as opposed to separation)) in a deity-consciousness. it is realized ((according to this and derivative beliefs)) when one discards the illusion of selfhood.

pareidolia is the name given to a psychological phenomena describing the tendency of humans to see human faces in designs & attribute anthropomorphic characteristics to things which are not inherently anthropomorphic.
a lot of people read into things what they'd like to see -- in statistical terms a similar phenomena is called 'confirmation bias'

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
LB I messed up I hit a button showing "ignore threads by this person" or something like that.... SORRY how can I fix it?

go to your profile and there should be a menu option that lists people you are ignoring. i think from there you can un-ignore.
not sure because i have a personal policy of don't ignore people :)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
in Hinduism brahman is a principle of universal inclusion ((as opposed to separation)) in a deity-consciousness. it is realized ((according to this and derivative beliefs)) when one discards the illusion of selfhood.

pareidolia is the name given to a psychological phenomena describing the tendency of humans to see human faces in designs & attribute anthropomorphic characteristics to things which are not inherently anthropomorphic.
a lot of people read into things what they'd like to see -- in statistical terms a similar phenomena is called 'confirmation bias'
Wow. That actually sounds quite similar to what I believe in. Thank you very much for the information :)

What is your critique of this from a Christian perspective?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Ok. As I'm sure you have understood, I just don't see the connection between my ban and the rules of the site :)

I wish there would be a better communication about the reason for banning.
well in the chat rooms since it only takes a handful of people to vote a person off, it may not necessarily have anything to do with rule violation. maybe they just thought you were cramping their style. maybe they just disagreed and didn't want to hear from you.

like Blue said tho on the forums it is more structured; only moderators can ban and they generally ((unless it's some extreme case)) give people warnings and make effort to explain what the offense is to a person before they block their profile from the site. i agree with her; i prefer this format. i don't have to be actively engaged every minute of a day in order to keep up with a conversation; i can go back to it when i have time or after i've spent a day or two meditating on the topic.

K

Kim82

Whether you are banned or not, you will only get opposing views here. This is a Christian site. Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

You can always talk about, food, sports, weather or whatever sure. But your contrary beliefs on God are suited for somewhere else, and if you share them, you will be corrected. There is no way around that.

If you went on a Muslim site, Hindu or whatever religion, it would be the same. They have rules as well.

Perhaps you could start a blog or a Facebook group and invite others who believe as you or others with different beliefs to join you there.

But Christians are commissioned to win souls for Christ, not to encourage unsaved in their ways and opinions.

So if you want to stick around, stay on the safe side, and none will have a reason to ban you.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
well in the chat rooms since it only takes a handful of people to vote a person off, it may not necessarily have anything to do with rule violation. maybe they just thought you were cramping their style. maybe they just disagreed and didn't want to hear from you.

like Blue said tho on the forums it is more structured; only moderators can ban and they generally ((unless it's some extreme case)) give people warnings and make effort to explain what the offense is to a person before they block their profile from the site. i agree with her; i prefer this format. i don't have to be actively engaged every minute of a day in order to keep up with a conversation; i can go back to it when i have time or after i've spent a day or two meditating on the topic.
I like your approach to a discussion. I how found more inspiration using this forum today, than I find on the chat. So, there has been a outcome :)

Still though I find my ban unfair, and will probably contact a moderator.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Wow. That actually sounds like what I believe in. Thank you very much for the information :)

What is your critique of this from a Christian perspective?
there is a lot to be said. there are thousands of 'flavors' of these beliefs; hundreds of millions possibly even, when we see how that ((particular under the umbrella of 'new-age')) practically every single individual builds their own personal belief-system for themselves, as it were, making their own gods of themselves and of various spirits.

maybe a good place to start is that in Hinduism and all its derivatives ((Buddhism, yoga, reiki & all the other new-age mutations, etc)) there is ultimately no distinction between good or evil; all are part of god and eventually become subsumed in an eternal gray field of void and meaninglessness as they come to realize they don't exist, never have existed and never will exist -- everything and everyone is illusion. it's nihilistic; Siddhartha Gautama was an Hindu and his idea of 'enlightenment' is fundamentally the same as that of Hinduism, just that he found his own path to it: eliminating suffering by eliminating desire & will, with a goal of arriving at elimination of his own being, considering his own existence as a soul to be no more than illusion. 'heaven' in Hinduism/Buddhism/etc is annihilation, not even the sense of cessation of some temporary existence, but in the sense of a lie called "personhood" coming to the realization that there is no such thing as itself and never was.

in Christ on the other hand there is life, rather than death. i do not consider that true peace comes from non-existence; if you are not, who is it that is left to experience peace?

sherryt

Jul 26, 2019
Thank You sooooooo much. I've heard the quote "knowledge comes with age" I think I missed that train lol

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
there is a lot to be said. there are thousands of 'flavors' of these beliefs; hundreds of millions possibly even, when we see how that ((particular under the umbrella of 'new-age')) practically every single individual builds their own personal belief-system for themselves, as it were, making their own gods of themselves and of various spirits.

maybe a good place to start is that in Hinduism and all its derivatives ((Buddhism, yoga, reiki & all the other new-age mutations, etc)) there is ultimately no distinction between good or evil; all are part of god and eventually become subsumed in an eternal gray field of void and meaninglessness as they come to realize they don't exist, never have existed and never will exist -- everything and everyone is illusion. it's nihilistic; Siddhartha Gautama was an Hindu and his idea of 'enlightenment' is fundamentally the same as that of Hinduism, just that he found his own path to it: eliminating suffering by eliminating desire & will, with a goal of arriving at elimination of his own being, considering his own existence as a soul to be no more than illusion. 'heaven' in Hinduism/Buddhism/etc is annihilation, not even the sense of cessation of some temporary existence, but in the sense of a lie called "personhood" coming to the realization that there is no such thing as itself and never was.

in Christ on the other hand there is life, rather than death. i do not consider that true peace comes from non-existence; if you are not, who is it that is left to experience peace?
so in Hinduism/Buddhism/Reiki/Yoga/New-Age/Universal Consciousness/etc/etc/etc the ultimate truth is that that everything and everyone is a lie.

in Christianity the ultimate truth is a person: He is God, Jesus of Nazareth. the Truth is a living and active and eternal spirit who took on the form of man out of compassion and great love for us, in order to provide a way through faith for us to dwell eternally with Him in redemption, at the final restitution of all things.

in these other beliefs, there is no "life" -- all things and all creatures are at a basic level considered false, illusory and purposelessly transitory, and to in the final 'knowledge of this' a person finds themselves to be a lie also and relinquishes the lie of their own existence. it's death, in my view: non-being. death and lies, glorified.

yet this is really attractive to a billion people!
i think part of that attraction is the sense in which it identifies us all as being very small, helpless and vain -- which i agree with -- and offers comfort in this by calling attention to the impermanence of our pitiable metaphysical condition.