Ban

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Reformyourself

Somebody at my old church said that ‘morally upright’ people are the hardest to convince, that they need a Saviour 😐

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Somebody at my old church said that ‘morally upright’ people are the hardest to convince, that they need a Saviour 😐
An interesting perspective. What do you think can be the reason for this?

R

Reformyourself

An interesting perspective. What do you think can be the reason for this?
It was his perspective, but...It’s all in The Bible-free info 😁

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Hi :)

I don't understand your question. Would you mind elaborating it?
Forr someone to assume that he is morally Superior to someone just because someone believes differently than him is the height of self-righteousness
some of the nicest kindest people I've ever met have been atheist while some of the most mean and hateful people I've ever met have been Christian

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I remember when I worked at Tyson foods, I was written up for allegedly cussing someone out
Not sure how you can cuss someone out when he's standing about 30 feet away from you...
Tyson's policy is that if you are accused of something, all it takes is for three people to say you did it in you're guilty
So if all it takes is three members to ban someone just because they don't like him, kind of sounds like a Lynch mob to me
I admin and several Facebook groups and we never ban anyone without every moderator deliberating first

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
'go forth and be jerks two people who believe differently than you"
Things Jesus never said

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Forr someone to assume that he is morally Superior to someone just because someone believes differently than him is the height of self-righteousness
some of the nicest kindest people I've ever met have been atheist while some of the most mean and hateful people I've ever met have been Christian
Thank you for your explanation :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don't see it as spin. I didn't try to manipulate. I was shocked but tried to ask with an open heart.
Hello Unitas, good morning :) (It is still morning where I am ;)) This part of your response was not there when I quoted you earlier. You may not see it as spin, but others may have, and I have been trying to help you see how others may have taken what you said. After communicating with you here I wonder also if English is your first language?

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
I remember when I worked at Tyson foods, I was written up for allegedly cussing someone out
Not sure how you can cuss someone out when he's standing about 30 feet away from you...
Tyson's policy is that if you are accused of something, all it takes is for three people to say you did it in you're guilty
So if all it takes is three members to ban someone just because they don't like him, kind of sounds like a Lynch mob to me
I admin and several Facebook groups and we never ban anyone without every moderator deliberating first
I agree with you :)

As I see it, it should be possible to have a conversation with a user here, before deciding to ban them. Of course it will require some resources, but I would rather miss some that should be banned, than ban some that shouldn't.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You can cuss someone out from thirty feet away by raising your voice to be heard.

Even if done under your breath another could possibly hear and report you.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Hello Unitas, good morning :) (It is still morning where I am ;)) This part of your response was not there when I quoted you earlier. You may not see it as spin, but others may have, and I have been trying to help you see how others may have taken what you said. After communicating with you here I wonder also if English is your first language?
Mornings are the best part of the day for me :)

As I understand it, you have tried to show me, how my question could be interpreted as offending. But for me it's not the right solution to ban because of a possible misunderstanding. I always try to move towards a person via constructive communication. Maybe some don't agree with me about that approach.

My native language is Danish.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Mornings are the best part of the day for me :)

As I understand it, you have tried to show me, how my question could be interpreted as offending. But for me it's not the right solution to ban because of a possible misunderstanding. I always try to move towards a person via constructive communication. Maybe some don't agree with me about that approach.

My native language is Danish.
It is pretty much impossible to say exactly why people neither you nor I know decided to do something, or even what their history with you may have been, in how they perceived you overall. Perhaps it is time to let it go and move on. You have been given some suggestions which you agree with, such as waiting out your ban or even staying out of the chat rooms altogether, since some there may be overly keen to weed out dissenters, and it only takes three votes to do so. I spent a couple of weeks in the chat rooms a couple of years ago, before absenting myself for a few months from posting in this part of the site (text chatting forum). It certainly was not my cup of tea :geek:

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Your experience at Tyson sounds much worse than me getting banned on a chat. For me it is only about having people to talk with. I don't understand how a company can follow such policies.

I hope you have been able to find peace in what you experienced.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
It is pretty much impossible to say exactly why people neither you nor I know decided to do something, or even what their history with you may have been, in how they perceived you overall. Perhaps it is time to let it go and move on. You have been given some suggestions which you agree with, such as waiting out your ban or even staying out of the chat rooms altogether, since some there may be overly keen to weed out dissenters, and it only takes three votes to do so. I spent a couple of weeks in the chat rooms a couple of years ago, before absenting myself for a few months from posting in this part of the site (text chatting forum). It certainly was not my cup of tea :geek:
You are correct, that plenty of people have given their view, and I've enjoyed writing here more than my general experience of the chat.

But, there are actually also a few people in the chat, that appreciates my company much.