BANNED FROM SEEING IN LAWS. WHAT DO I DO?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WALKBYFAITHNOTBYSIGHT
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

WALKBYFAITHNOTBYSIGHT

Guest
Hi everyone! I need some advice!!

6 months ago my soon to be sister in law and I had a disagreement.

I discovered she was talking about me behind my back and telling other people my personal business. I have known her for 2 years and she has always been like family to me. I considered us close. My children and I would always come over to visit as much as we could . Therefore, hearing this words being spoken against me broke my heart. I decided I needed to address it with her. I sent her a text message telling her that it hurt me. She became offended that I would send her a message saying such a thing and has not spoken to me since then. This was 6 months ago. What do I do?

Over the past 4 months. I have tried calling her to work things out. She will not answer. I have messaged her. She will not answer. She saw me in the store and walked by smiling at me (in an condencending way with her nose up in the air). I said hello. She would not answer back.

What do I do?

The Bible says when someone has wronged you that you go to them in private. I did this. It also says that if that does not work to bring in a 3rd party. This is where my fiancé came into the picture.

Just the other day my fiancé went to her house to speak to her about mine and her relationship. She advised him that she was hurt I messaged her of such things and she had forgiven me. She stated even though she forgave me she did not wish to see me anymeore. She further stated that I was banned from attending any family events or coming to their house.

She recently became very ill and was in the hospital. She told the hospital staff I was not aloud in the hospital to visit her.

What do you do????

I continue to pray about this situation. My heart wants to let go of everything and cut ties. But how do you cut ties to someone who is about to become family through marriage? I feel so left out when they have family events and me and my children get left at home because we are banned.

I want peace from this situation so any advice is welcome!!! Every time they text to invite my fiancé to things and he goes without me it breaks my heart. She states she is a Christian and believes she can forgive someone and not have to ever see them again.

How can I let go when it is my fiancés family?? Any advice??
 
If someone doesn't want you in their life there's nothing you can do to force them. You covered yourself biblically in an attempt to reconcile (even though you did nothing wrong to begin with).
Chances are hers isn't recent behavior, but rather something that's gone in for a while. It could be a behavior that has been accepted among the family and allowed to continue and you speaking up broke the "family rule". I know, in my family, things like that exist. Some people in my family have done Horrendous, spiteful things to one another and it's swept under the rug, like nothing happened.
It also could be she's never liked you and simply got caught and is too immature to know how to handle it.
She may feel bad, but be too prideful to own up to her behavior.
So many possible reasons. But whatever the reason is, you can't change her mind.

And not to stir up trouble, but my bigger issue is why your fiance is accepting your "punishment"? He's encouraging his sister's behavior by going to family outings without you, instead of refusing to go if you aren't invited. I mean this guy is supposed to soon be your spiritual leader, provider, protector and he leaves you to your undeserved punishment while he goes off having a nice time with his two faced sister that is punishing you for catching her in sin?
If you'd genuinely done something wrong I could understand. But if the story you shared is all there is i find your fiance already failing in his duties. I find more problem with him than the gossip.

Keep in mind nine times out of ten blogs get few if any responses. Stick to the forums to get feedback from others.
 
You have to love her with the love of Christ. Love is patient. My guess would be that her issue is unspoken. Like the fact that you are marrying her brother. Or something else maybe. It could take years, decades even. But prayer and patience are what I'm advocating for.
 
You have to leave her alone for a while and give her some space. I don't know her but she seems that's what she wants. So give her time and space. She's probably so full of salt she thinks she's OK with what she's doing. But she needs to wash up first so she won't be so bitter. Too much salt tastes bitter.